View Poll Results: Will Blizzard have the capability to pull WoW back on track

Voters
776. This poll is closed
  • Yes of course they can pull themself back!

87 11.21%
  • Yes but only if there is gonna be big changes to their dev team

226 29.12%
  • No, WoW will die out over the course of years.

286 36.86%
  • No, but i wouldn't expect them to after nearly 11 years.

146 18.81%
  • They Don't Need To

31 3.99%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well maybe after the 3 mil sub loss Blizzard just thought "well, sod it.. people are unhappy anyways, this is the time to pull off all controversial moves we have left and then move on to 7.0 with the people that remain".

Basically "choosing" a segment of their playerbase whose wishes align with their development vision instead of trying to cater to everyone.

Not sure, just a thought that rambles through my skull. What do you think?
    Absolutely plausible. Catering to too many people has stretched the game thin. They can get along with any reasonable number of subs you want to throw out there, and if they're all in accordance with the return of Classic/WoD's open-world design, they can make it the best it's ever been going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    Absolutely plausible. Catering to too many people has stretched the game thin. They can get along with any reasonable number of subs you want to throw out there, and if they're all in accordance with the return of Classic/WoD's open-world design, they can make it the best it's ever been going forward.
    PreBC's World and WoD's world don't have many similarities, don't try to conflate the two.

Deleted
    They can get along with any reasonable number of subs you want to throw out there, and if they're all in accordance with the return of Classic/WoD's open-world design, they can make it the best it's ever been going forward.
    Ever heard of Wildstar?

A 12 years old game design doesn't work today, that's why the game evolved all these years. And WoD is actually the least open-world xpac of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    PreBC's World and WoD's world don't have many similarities, don't try to conflate the two.
    It's like he's playing a completely different game. That nostalgia drug is potent stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's like he's playing a completely different game.
    Honestly, he sounds like a Catababy who never even played back then, and has just heard stories on forums.

Those days had their high points, WoD has recaptured none of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is doing bad. Let's be honest, it just is.
    Precisely my point.
    NOW is the perfect time for massive shakeups like the "no flying ever again!" thing.

People that still play the game after this are loyal fans, and it will be much easier and stress free to design for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    They both have no player-controlled flying mounts available for use. That's a massive similarity, as it affects nearly everything that goes on in said open world.

Deleted
    Precisely my point.
    NOW is the perfect time for massive shakeups like the "no flying ever again!" thing.

People that still play the game after this are loyal fans, and it will be much easier and stress free to design for them.
    That would make sense if "no flying" was the only game development issue. No, it's just on the top of a massive pile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Precisely my point.

Trying to get rid of subscribers to form a base of "Yes men" subscribers is not a good idea, by any means. They still have interest in maximizing WoW's profit, first of all. Second of all, it's the "loyal fans" that they seem to be pissing off with these decisions.

Precisely my point.

The way I see it the only shakeup they need is the devs. New blood.

Deleted
    They both have no player-controlled flying mounts available for use. That's a massive similarity, as it affects nearly everything that goes on in said open world.
    Warlocks and summoning stones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, he sounds like a Catababy who never even played back then, and has just heard stories on forums.

Those days had their high points, WoD has recaptured none of them.
    All you do is attack. WoD has recaptured plenty of them, including exploration (before Aviana's Feather), WPvP, and experiencing a massive world from the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it really doesn't. By that logic, Timeless Isle was similar to PreBC (It wasn't).

Maybe one of these days you'll make a decent point. I haven't given up yet!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    People like changes just fine when they're good ones.
    And it is always going to be detable whether a change is good, as no change is going to be universally liked.
    The amount of noise on a subject cant be taken to be representative as those happy with a change often aren't as vocal as those unhappy.
    Otherwise wow would have died or have less than 500k subscribers by now were the overall feelings matching those that you see most readily portrayed on forums.

The community played a major part in making the game what it was.
    That has gone, because it chose willingly to destroy itself.
    Players themselves decided to ruin what made the game, and chose to blame blizzard for it.
    Pushing players together doesn't make a game social.
    They are social if they want to communicate for reasons other than just what someone else is doing for them.
    We have more tools for that, but less willingness to communicate positively with random people.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-05-24 at 01:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    WoD has recaptured plenty of them, including exploration (before Aviana's Feather), WPvP, and experiencing a massive world from the ground.
    All I do in WoD is checking my garrison. That's not even comparable to what I did in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you do is attack. WoD has recaptured plenty of them, including exploration (before Aviana's Feather), WPvP, and experiencing a massive world from the ground.
    Draenor is actually extraordinarily small in comparison to PreBCs world. It arguably feels like less of an experience than, say, WotLK. WPvP is still as dead as ever, and is nowhere near the state it was in during PreBC. Honestly, I'd say we have less WPvP now than we did in MoP (inb4 you blame that on something else, ignoring the fact that you're asserting there's WPvP this expansion).

the idea that they're headed to a direction THEY want is probably about the best thing going. If it becomes something that's a decent "challenge" to play while keeping enough people on board there's a good chance it'll run and run like that. If that also happens to be what they WANT to be making... so much the better for everyone involved. It's a more honest game going forward with everyone (devs and players) enjoying what's being created rather than trying to be everything to everyone - that's rather a long way in WoW's past now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Probably not. Pretty much all my friends who have ever played WoW bought WoD, but I don't see any of them getting the next expansion.

I personally feel like Blizzard should derail the progression train and let people progress at their own pace. Now you just do your chores every week and everyone progresses pretty much at the same pace. Nothing feels like you've earned it and if you miss a chore you fall permanently behind. Even if it's just slightly, it feels like only getting the stick and never any carrot.

Obviously this is just an opinion of a single player, but that's pretty much why I left WoD and probably WoW entirely.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's fine, but 3 million subs and counting say it isn't.
    Blizzard has that exit poll where you can tell them why you're unsubbing. If even a majority of those 3m were because of no flight, I'm sure they'd have reevaluated their stance.

As it is, the gaming market has been blown wide open in the last 5 years or so. Expansions to MMOs are being treated like stand alone games to a lot of people, who sub for a short period then go back to exploring the massive selection of games that exists today. Streamers bounce back and forth between WoW and other games, coming back to WoW when there's brand new content that people want to watch, and then going and playing something else because they know watching someone beat the same raid for the 5th time is boooooooooooooring. Welcome to 2015 and gaming tourism.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

They need to make some big changes, like not telling US what is fun and what isn't fun. They need to get this grand vision out of their head and look at the fact. The fact is, WoD is, at this point, the biggest failure of an expansion ever. Its tied for second most lost subscribers in an expansions life cycle, after only its first quarter! It took cata over a year to lose 2.9Million. MoP lost 3.4million, not much more than WoD or cata, but over the course of two years.

Fact is, they need to wow us big time and stop thinking with their heads in the ground. WoD is horrible, and the fact that they can sit that and Gloat about it and believe its any bit successful is beyond stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Blizzard has that exit poll where you can tell them why you're unsubbing. If even a majority of those 3m were because of no flight, I'm sure they'd have reevaluated their stance.
    Highly doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?