Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    just use hammer and skill 2 on cooldown, don't use the other ones unless you need 'em. Become demon, smash face. : P
    Because that is incredibly boring an inefficient.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The new map is big.... really big, and slightly confusing at first, but visually very well made. The Revenant surprised me positively. Did have a feeling my slow hammer punches didn't hit so hard. But so far I'm positively surprised.

I've only tested for a little while, because it was the middle of the night when I tested, and haven't done much.
    But the personal story, oh boy, thats a big improvement. Finally my character speaks, and I was surprised he did

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because that is incredibly boring an inefficient.
    Its not though. The two skill has a good enough cooldown you can use it fairly fast. It hits hard and does AoE, and it keeps the bar filling for your demon form.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Its not though. The two skill has a good enough cooldown you can use it fairly fast. It hits hard and does AoE, and it keeps the bar filling for your demon form.
    And that's highly inefficient lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea, I am to report that interrupt traits are pointless in PvE with the new defiance bar. I was hoping that each "tic" you reduce in the defiance bar would trigger an interrupt trait. Nope. You need to get the final tick in order to activate. I guess interrupts still have a place on trash but I was hoping that Anet would address the lack of interrupt viability since half mesmer traits deal with interrupts.... but nope.

And that's highly inefficient lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea, I am to report that interrupt traits are pointless in PvE with the new defiance bar. I was hoping that each "tic" you reduce in the defiance bar would trigger an interrupt trait. Nope. You need to get the final tick in order to activate. I guess interrupts still have a place on trash but I was hoping that Anet would address the lack of interrupt viability since half mesmer traits deal with interrupts.... but nope.
    Which other are you going to use as part of constant rotation?

3 - jump takes too much time, lowers dps to use it on cooldown
    4 - useful skill. Is not dps skill. Geat for blocking projectiles when you need it.
    5 - interrupt. Useful skill. Don't want to blow CD and not have it for later
    6 - heal.
    7 - useful skill. Makes you immune to debuff. Not dps skill, uses quite a lot of meter. Use when needed, not spam it.
    8 - I never noticed this doing enough damage to be that worthwhile. It would be more useful in pvp when you're getting lots of debuffs. Not that great for a boss fight unless there's lots of targets spamming conditions. You're still going to just use it the one time you get lots of conditions on you to retaliate, not spam it.
    9 - aoe teleport - usefull skill for interrupting and escaping, uses a bunch of meter. Not efficient for dps as it interrupts everything you're doing and moves you to a location. Not a dps skill.
    10 - demonform. Use when bar is full to smash face.

So besides skill 1 your auto-attack and skill 2 which is great AoE with good range, what are you using?

WRT defiance, that's working as intended. I'm sure you want to interrupt on command, so does everybody else. Its a compromise so you can't chain-stun an enemy down making it irrelevant. If it's doing something that needs stunned, you need a significant amount of players to know the mechanics and use their CC.

Mobs intended for 1v1 can still be interrupted as normal, save for some cases where it's a mechanic and you might have to intelligently use a few other CC to burn their bar before doing your hard stun-- just as some abilities making you immune to damage for a short time or immune to knockdown effects.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2015-05-27 at 12:54 PM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I'm not asking to chain stun enemy's. Read again. I am asking for interrupt traits to work on bosses during defiance regardless if I do the final interrupt or not. And I'm not going into hammer because hammer is boring and inefficient :P
    Last edited by zito; 2015-05-27 at 01:06 PM.

I'm not asking to chain stun enemy's. Read again. I am asking for interrupt traits to work on bosses during defiance regardless if I do the final interrupt or not. And I'm not going into hammer because hammer is boring and inefficient :P
    My point though is that you and everyone else want to interrupt. If you could just interrupt with your first interrupt, everyone else would be able to also. You have 50 people there and the overall result would be that the boss would just get mass interrupted and no abilities would ever be used.

I had fun. I like the revenant. Legend swapping is slow though, it's not as instantaneous as elemental attunement swapping. There is like a 1.5 sec animation delay. The resource mechanic is a challenge to juggle. You can't spam things on CD because of resources. Revenant is very slow
    Yea, on the one hand I like the animation (it's nifty), but on the other it was sort of frustrated at the slowness of it. I'm guessing it is part of the balancing plan for it. For example it reduces who quickly you could pop both heals.

I'm really anxious for the rest of the weapons and legends to be put in. They really need to pick up the pace here if they want to get this out this year ><

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    The new map is big.... really big, and slightly confusing at first, but visually very well made.
    Yea the denseness of the new map was a bit overwhelming. I had trouble telling which level things were on and how exactly to get from one point to another. I'm guessing that was just me being overwhelmed and trying to take in everything though.

Deleted
    Soooooooo anything new regarding the Thief in this test atm?

My point though is that you and everyone else want to interrupt. If you could just interrupt with your first interrupt, everyone else would be able to also. You have 50 people there and the overall result would be that the boss would just get mass interrupted and no abilities would ever be used.

You are not reading what I am saying
    . I want my traits to work when I use an interrupt when defiance is active. I don't want to just interrupt the boss and stun it. I want the traits. Say it with me TRAITS. T.R.A.I.T.S to work when using an interrupt during defiance.

Example. Deal damage when you interrupt a foe. I want the damage portion to activate whenever I use an interrupt during defiance regardless if my interrupt actually stunned the boss or not. But I am attempting to interrupt the boss when the boss can be interrupted so I should benefit from said traits.

- - - Updated - - -

seems like people are the forums are talking about the interrupt traits as well and it seems that mesmer are the only interrupt traits that don't work during defiance. An engineers quickness from knockback for example still worked when the defiance bar was active without actually knocking back the NPC.

/sigh so glad I'm not going to main mesmer anymore.

I had fun with the Revenant--like everyone else said, it's kinda slow (well hammer is). Part of that is Cele armor and Dolyak runes. But it was kinda cool being a ranged plate-wearer. The projectile block skill makes a dark field in front of you, and the hammer 1 is a projectile finisher, so you have a steady stream of leeching bolts at your disposal.

Hang gliding is fun, I wish they would make that available world-wide. I miss flying in WoW.

Ironically, my favorite part of the beta had nothing at all to do with HoT. I'd been wanting to try an Elementalist or a Guardian for awhile now, but I couldn't yet buy new character slots. So after I got bored with Revenant I decided to reroll those two and try them out. Holy crap, Elementalist is SO MUCH FUN! I can't believe it, I usually don't like elementalist classes in other games, but man Ele in this game just rocks.

After the second beta session I immediately went to my bank, cleared out every lower-level mat I had and went on a TP spree. Made a little over 100G, which was enough to get me the gems I needed for another character slot.

So now I'm incredibly happy I got to play the beta, because it was the catalyst for me to find a new prof that I love. Revenant's okay too. :P

What I want to know is, have they fixed the damn inventory resize bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.