Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you how often those migrants actually vote anyway... It's like 2% of the time. They're too busy getting on with their lives away from this bullshit.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I said we're in it because it benefits us, if it didn't i wouldn't be pro-EU.
    It's funny because everyone in the UK acts like it. Quite the rare mindset I would say, considering other net contributors aren't as vocal.

Do you not know what net contributor means in respect of the EU? According to you no country is a net contributor.
    I know damn well what it is. I have a problem with that fact that it is being hanged over our heads like it's supposed to mean more than it should. And it's getting really old really fast.
    I want you to imagine for a second what would happen if Germany started throwing fits about its membership and accusing other members of not contributing just as much as them. Do you honestly think countries like Hungary or Bulgaria could actually do that? Even if they wanted to and were somehow magically able to drastically increase their economic output over night, would it somehow change British perceptions about its membership?

You know exactly what I meant, I even mentioned his name earlier, pathetic pedantry is just that.
    Almost as pathetic as implying that he's the president of the EU to prove a point, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I'm not well versed on this topic. Why does Britain want to leave the EU? And what are the pros and cons of them leaving the EU?

Would love an explanation, if not a good article to read through.
    Pros of leaving: Some vague notion of sovereignty whilst our economy goes down the shitter. The EU will dominate trade agreements and dictate terms to us, so we will still be affected by EU laws and regulations.

Pros of staying: The EU is a cash cow and we'll miss out on large parts of that. We'll be able to dictate trade agreements to suit us. It annoys France.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    It's funny because everyone in the UK acts like it. Quite the rare mindset I would say, considering other net contributors aren't as vocal.
    If other nations get down on their knees to blow Germany and France, then that's their choice, we elect our politicians to do what is best for the UK.

I know damn well what it is. I have a problem with that fact that it is being hanged over our heads like it's supposed to mean more than it should. And it's getting really old really fast.
    You aren't important. One of the things about life is that everybody thinks their feelings mean something to everybody else, they don't.

I want you to imagine for a second what would happen if Germany started throwing fits about its membership and accusing other members of not contributing just as much as them. Do you honestly think countries like Hungary or Bulgaria could actually do that? Even if they wanted to and were somehow magically able to drastically increase their economic output over night, would it somehow change British perceptions about its membership?
    Germany dominates the direction the EU is headed in, what exactly are they going to throw a fit about?

Almost as pathetic as implying that he's the president of the EU to prove a point, isn't it?
    Except I diodn't do that, I was pointing out that what you believe to be the case is irrelevant. I got his job title wrong, so sue me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Pros of leaving: Some vague notion of sovereignty whilst our economy goes down the shitter. The EU will dominate trade agreements and dictate terms to us, so we will still be affected by EU laws and regulations.

Pros of staying: The EU is a cash cow and we'll miss out on large parts of that. We'll be able to dictate trade agreements to suit us. It annoys France.
    And they're actually willing to throw that away.

If other nations get down on their knees to blow Germany and France, then that's their choice, we elect our politicians to do what is best for the UK.

At least other nations are honest whores.

You aren't important. One of the things about life is that everybody thinks their feelings mean something to everybody else, they don't.
    Life is what we make it to be. The EU was founded on ideas of economic prosperity, freedom of movement and equality for its members. The UK shouldn't get special treatment.

Germany dominates the direction the EU is headed in, what exactly are they going to throw a fit about?
    The fact that their economy keeps this union afloat, or that they were forced to accept the euro currency when keeping the deutsche mark would have benefited their economy a lot more?
    Everyone's made sacrifices, it's only the UK and Greece (who should actually kiss our asses for throwing money at their corrupt and decrepit economy) who complain.

Should have listened to Charles de Gaulle and never let them in ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Deleted
    Cameron is Pro-EU, and EU migrants and non British Citizens will likely vote to stay; so why would he do this you may ask?

Well in short, he doesn't want to cause trouble in his party, he has a paper thin majority of 12, and his party is haunted by the 1990s where there were constant rebellions over Europe. His party on a whole is split down the middle on Europe, and this move will please them. Same thing with the 16-17 year olds, might be reasonable, might win him more votes, but can't really afford to lose support in his own party.

Me personally, I live in the UK and am originally from a poor country from the EU, though came here way before this country even joined the EU and now have a full British passport so I would be able to vote, I have no issues with this. Whichever way he tweaked the voting was just politicking, and he politicked it this way. I am not convinced on staying on the EU, but I am not convinced on leaving either, I will wait to see if he gets a good deal, if the French and Germans tell us to fuck off, then I'll vote No, if we get meaningful change then I'll vote yes.