Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 6.2 - Felsteel Annihilator and Diretusk Hellboar, Blue Tweets, Tracer Gameplay

Delrasha Wizard Guide, Angel of Death Fanart

Viagame House Cup #3 this Weekend, Design Competition #19: Help or Hinder

Wonder Billie Reminder, Hottest Plays of the Week #30

Patch 6.2 - Felsteel Annihilator
    The Felsteel Annihilator is a drop from Mythic Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel.

Patch 6.2 - Diretusk Hellboar
    The Diretusk Hellboar is a reward for being Exalted with one of the new factions added in Patch 6.2.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE
    Personal Loot; The sad part is the amount of duplicate loots you get with it, if you could do something to that it would be better
    That's kinda just loot in general though, it's been that way since forever, in most RPGs. (Muffinus)

Will the 6.2 Personal Loot changes apply to LFR and world bosses or just premade groups?
    Yes to Raid Finder, but no plans for world bosses at this time. (WarcraftDevs)

are mythic dungeons going to be cross-realm?
    Yes. (WarcraftDevs)

Garrisons
    My eternally broken pet menagerie. 6.2 adding some awesome new pet battle content and my enthusiasm is rock bottom thanks to it.
    .We've been looking into a few of these issues in 6.2, if you can't get your menagerie working, please let me know! (Muffinus)

.Garrison missions for oil on the PTR seem really scarce... intended? Haven't seen one for 3 days
    Intended. Missions will not be your main source of Oil, just a rare bonus opportunity. (WarcraftDevs)

Misc
    MMO Designer: What exactly do you want? Every player: TO ANNOY OTHER PEOPLE LOL (Muffinus)

I'm just a dude, with a twitter, but I would very much like to hear what you think isn't being heard. I hear "not listening" a lot. (Muffinus)
    Often report bugs I find in models. Reports I make dating 2 years ago seem to go unnoticed or low priority. http://t.co/NpiOQKqg7r
    The WoW DB has nearly 450,000 bugs total in its lifetime. Would like to fix every one timely, sometimes not possible, but recorded! (Muffinus)
    Example: only recently did a bug get fixed where you are removed from your warrior stance when entering C'thun's stomach (Muffinus)

At a certain point, you can't make a game and not care what the audience thinks. Every post or comment is taken to heart. (Muffinus)
    Can you name anyone else at Blizzard that cares about what we think? Since you brought it up.
    Everyone. The WC books on the shelf behind me are so worn because so many new designers have read them all. (Muffinus)

the sad part is that there will always be those that, no matter how much you listen, will say you're not listening
    Such is the nature of social media The ability to yell at someone anytime, anywhere, about the lack of an Annoy-O-Tron pet. (Muffinus)
    I think you're all listening, you just have a design philosophy that I disagree with (but I understand it, I think)
    I don't know if you disagree with me, or the design team, but go ahead and tell me more! (Muffinus)

your problem is that you asked what they want. just make the awesome game and ignore every1 else
    Often, making "awesome" in a vacuum results in the realization that it's not so great for someone else (Muffinus)

People are heard, they are just not told "we heard you but... yay or nay" back. So they don't know.
    It's difficult to respond with a community of this size, even with a community team. A challenge! (Muffinus)

mobile content. I feel like there's just a TON of missed opportunities to have mobile games that tie into the mmo gameplay.
    Hearthstone did awesome. I think there is still significant meaning in being a Blizzard product. Thus, need to be careful. (Muffinus)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    While the developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    PvP
    I'm not sure if you can answer this or not but as a pvper, I'm curious. How much weight did PvP balance actually play in WoW?
    A lot. In some sense if you tune a game around PvP, the PvE can flow from that. Monsters don't mind getting nerfed. (OccupyGStreet)
    PvP is harder to test though. Fighting a boss 10 times is a decent sample size. It's nothing for a PvP match. (OccupyGStreet)

Amount of Content
    Very curious as to your take on Watcher's interview.
    Ion's a good friend of mine. I'm not about to throw him under the bus. (OccupyGStreet)
    No bus here, just curiosity. Do you think "it's cyclical" is a good or even fair way to summate it tho?
    Yes. Players come for content and leave when they run out. "But I should never run out of content," feels unrealistic to me. (OccupyGStreet)
    I do think / know the challenges of creating content faster than players can consume it are very real. (OccupyGStreet)
    Neverending content leads to making things so difficult you can't progress or asking you to run the same content 100 times. (OccupyGStreet)
    Is there something to be said for the staying power of the content? Or implementing it in a way that allows for a medium?
    If there were 40 boss raids, maybe. I get tired of killing the same ones over and over no matter how great they are. (OccupyGStreet)
    Like the PvP content WoW neglects? Is your current job not 100% repeatable content now?
    IMO repeatable content is a PvE construct. PvP has a lot of variation because of the players involved. (OccupyGStreet)
    We do add new content, champions being the prime example, but there is less of a burden on a PvP game, again IMO. (OccupyGStreet)

Heroes of the Storm
    hi what do you think about heros of the strom compare to LoL?
    I think they are wisely going for a different kind of moba which makes sense in a crowded market. (OccupyGStreet)
    I think they have a chance to broaden the moba audience, which may be good for everyone. (OccupyGStreet)

ESL 3v3 Arena Tournament
    ESL is having an arena tournament for EU players this weekend, followed by more arena and RBG tournaments over the coming weekends.

Overwatch - Tracer Gameplay
    We got another look at Overwatch gameplay with the release of some Tracer footage.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-05-29 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they implement another boar mount with the same unfitting model underneath. and while playtesting that mount internally, nobody stops and thinks: "man, this mount runs just odd."

too lazy to build a new model..?

also, the felsteel annihilator may be a fun mount since it is essentially the sky golem (which IS a fun mount!), but it is only another skin and that is also sad.

Deleted
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAH ANOTHER SHITTY RE COLORED BOAR!!! Now i really need to grind that shit for that exclusive mount.

God damn Blizzard release it already. It looks so polished and playable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    God damn Blizzard release it already. It looks so polished and playable.
    yah really...

Deleted
    That field of view.

Please make it stop!

Deleted
    Wow, a sky golem re-skin. Gotta get dat mount...not

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/audacity

Releasing as in-game a recolored mount that has shitty animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xartim View Post
    yah really...
    I'm guessing you failed to see the sarcasm in the post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I'm guessing you failed to see the sarcasm in the post.
    Funny. I read the original post as serious but the reply as sarcastic.

Deleted
    That Boar with the Kodo animations though..

I didn't expect to be so bored watching the Overwatch video. Were they playing against bots?

Deleted
    Damn that felreaver mount is awesome and the tracer gameplay is awesome

Deleted
    Guys, there is demand for a good flying hack! I am just saying...

cant wait to fly with that awesome mount.... Oh wait

"mobile content. I feel like there's just a TON of missed opportunities to have mobile games that tie into the mmo gameplay."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXwyVcLq4Ec

whoever it was needs to be taken out back and beaten till they got some sense.

anyway, that hellboar doesn't look close enough to the real hellboars.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    cant wait to fly with that awesome mount.... Oh wait
    Yeah I know! Blizzard once again slaps us in the face and kicks us you know where with adding another FLYING mount.

Bring flying to Draenor and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Yeah I know! Blizzard once again slaps us in the face and kicks us you know where with adding another FLYING mount.

Bring flying to Draenor and beyond!
    I don't know what mount you are on about, I don't think the boar can fly at all. The annihilator also doesn't look like flying type of mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    That Boar with the Kodo animations though..
    Direhorn animations.

Which is just weird since they have perfectly acceptable, if not straight-up good boar animations for their actual boar mobs. They have an adorable run animation already, as ungainly as a hell-pig should be, and I'd proudly ride a mighty hog running so derpily... but no. We have to get the ground-humping Direhorn animations, totally inappropriate for something without a massive tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    The annihilator also doesn't look like flying type of mount.
    Really? Even in that video of it flying?