Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 6.2 - Corrupted Dreadwing, Frostwolf Helm, Blue Tweets, Wildstar Free to Play

Crafting Materials Changes, Shadow of Diablo Fanart

Viagame House Cup #3 this Weekend, Design Competition #19: Help or Hinder

XP Boost Event, Brawl with the Blues Launch Edition, Beta Golden Portrait Reminder

Patch 6.2 - Corrupted Dreadwing
    If you have 150,000 Apexis Crystal to spare, you can buy the Corrupted Dreadwing mount being added in Patch 6.2.

Patch 6.2 - Frostwolf Set Helm
    Many people asked about the lack of a helm on the Frostwolf set from the latest PTR build.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Art
    If all feedback is considered does that mean my spam of troll male tweets & threads like this is read? http://t.co/0NdansqPkD
    Yep, everything is read even if it's not possible to respond to it all. (WatcherDev)

PvE
    What about legendary weapons in timewalking dungeons? May i use Shadowmourne in a LK timewalking dungeon?
    Yes, you can. (WarcraftDevs)

Are tier tokens going to drop from bosses the way they been for past few tiers, or vanila class based tiers?
    Yes. Tokens are an uninteresting dungeon journal entry and do not drop in Personal loot, so we show the set items. (WarcraftDevs)

How good is the chance of seeing our attuned stats guaranteed on tier gear similar to how primary stats change based on spec?
    No plans for that at this time. (WarcraftDevs)

if we use a Seal on the final dungeon boss would that give us an extra chance at 700 ilvl drop?
    You have this chance on any boss and any bonus roll in Mythic dungeons. (WarcraftDevs)

Any plans on making BRF/HM bosses do less damage and have less health, in patch 6.2, like we had in Mists of Pandaria Raids?
    Yes, there will be a zone-wide debuff on Foundry/Highmaul enemies, like we did to Throne of Thunder in 5.4. (WarcraftDevs)

Are Highmaul+BRF Mythic going Cross-Realm with 6.2 as well?
    Yes. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    Not sure if you've noticed it, but CRZ turned Halaa into a 24/7 faction-based Gurubashi. Captures the spontaneity of world PvP.
    Yep, noticed it the moment I got the Halaa currency garrison mission and went out there to (try to) finally buy my mount.... (WatcherDev)

Are there going to be WoD s2 equivalents to Ashran gear?
    The items that are comparable to ones that previously required Ashran rep are earned in a different way in season 17. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    While the developers have been pretty quiet since @WarcraftDevs appeared, Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Classes
    What was your take on Wotlk Ret? personally I enjoyed it alot even if it was simple. Right now Ret feels torn in directions
    I understand not everyone liked it, but our goal was to improve the class. Long term, rotations with mastery are more satisfying. (OccupyGStreet)
    MoP and WoD not so much. I feel like the fillers in cata (judge, CS and exo) had something uniqe to eachother.
    Ideally a rotation should deliver both mastery and satisfaction. Not sure we ever matched the satisfaction of the Wrath design. (OccupyGStreet)

Like it or not, you contributed to that with your glib attitude towards some classes, most notably Paladins.
    I invested a great deal of energy in making paladins fun. I am quite sarcastic and that was often misinterpreted. (OccupyGStreet)
    The TO THR GROUND meme happened when I had to make a post on vacation to explain a nerf players weren't expecting. (OccupyGStreet)
    All the other teasing I did because players thought it was funny and memorable. (OccupyGStreet)
    Let's recall what paladins did in BC - they healed and maybe they tanked a boss or two, usually in dungeons. (OccupyGStreet)
    Paladins, druid and hunters swapped spots for most played, and paladins were definitely the most vocal, magnifying the issue. (OccupyGStreet)
    Maybe you weren't satisfied with our results, and I'm fine with that, but we were never glib about anyone's class. (OccupyGStreet)

wow question, forgive me 8). You once said Pandas reduced faction diversity, What did you think of high elf for alliance?
    What is more important: faction identity or more options for Alliance? (OccupyGStreet)

When rotations are easy to execute it's unfair to make them competitive in performance with those that require more mastery. (OccupyGStreet)
    Holy Power was an attempt to have paladins manage a resource, not cooldowns, and mana felt like the wrong resource. (OccupyGStreet)
    I think it's also possible we went so far under my watch in preventing niche DPS that nobody felt special. (OccupyGStreet)

Hybrid specs can have niches, but pure DPS should be more more than a niche.
    Nobody notices if 2nd dude is only slightly above 3rd dude. Nobody talks about which phase if the hard one. (OccupyGStreet)

Yeah the interplay between single-spec-per-role and multi-spec-per-role dps complicates things immensely.
    Yeah, and I've said before that easy spec swapping helps the guys who can fill two roles a lot. (OccupyGStreet)
    This makes sense but then a rogue with more defined niches has to play multiple specs to be as effective.
    The dream is that everyone has a chance to shine, but that leads to some constrained encounter design. (OccupyGStreet)
    "Hey guys, where is the Frost DK encounter in this 6 boss raid?" (OccupyGStreet)

Right. There is a difference between wanting BF rogues for a fight, and wanting BF rogues only for that fight. (OccupyGStreet)
    And it sounds like the current design is that it's okay for stacking in mythic raiding, which makes sense to me. (OccupyGStreet)
    What we wanted to avoid was the guild of friends where you tell a weekend WoW player that he needs to reroll DK etc. (OccupyGStreet)

Wildstar - Free to Play in Fall 2015
    After failing to grow or sustain subscribers, Wildstar is moving to a free to play model this fall.

• Existing players will get some nice cosmetic rewards and Loyalty Points.
    • Loyalty points will be used to gain Loyalty ranks to earn special items and perks.
    • All current content is open to free players, but there may be paid content in the future.
    • Free players will have less character slots, costumer slots, bank slots, and a lower decor items limit.
    • Free players also have other restrictions on their account, such as limited Auction House and Commodities Exchange access, no priority access to customer support, no crafting or currency bonuses, no gathering bonus, no PTR access, no queue priority, no reputation bonus, no experience bonuses, and other restrictions.
    • Signature players who pay for a subscription will not have any of those new restrictions.
    • Free to play players can remove some of the restrictions with the Loyalty system.
    • A currency for the store will drop from mobs in game, so even free players can eventually purchase things from the store.

Last edited by chaud; 2015-05-30 at 08:04 PM.

About damned time Wildstar went free to play. Loved the game but the monthly fee was killing it.

Time to farm them Crystals. I like the Fel aesthetic of this mount more than the blue of the CE mount!

People should give wildstar a try with a free trial. It has a lot going for it now that a lot of content was released over the past year. It fixed a lot of the bugs and optimization issues from last year, and eased up on trying to cater to purely hardcore players. I dare say that if this version of the game released last year, this game would have been as popular as FFXIV is now.

They are also doing F2P extremely right, unless most of those other mmos *cough SWTOR*.

Youtube comment about the new flying mount made me laugh pretty hard...

"What's the f**king point in further flying mounts after what they've just said about flying and the future of it.... I feel like i'm taking crazy pills here. 'Hey guys, come and look at my awesome new flying mount!' 'woooo can I see it flying?' ' sure, let's go all the way back to Azeroth or Pandaria so I can show you'.... have they got Jay Wilson working on WoW or something because I feel there are some monumentally stupid decisions in play here."

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, another flying mount... Seriously how can people even defend them when they keep spitting in the face of a large chunk of their players like this?

Deleted
    Wildstar HAIPUUUUUUU!

i said it once ill say it again Fuck Blizzard and Ion can suck my dick

Flying mount? Designers should take a flying.

really what the fuck are these devs oN? ANOTHER FUCKING FLYING MOUNT when we cant fly outside old content? i dont think these devs care anymore

Quote Originally Posted by woofpup View Post
    Flying mount? Designers should take a flying.
    ...leap I think you meant to say.

Yeah, I find it hilarious that they keep adding flying mounts to the game when they don't care about flying. I'm 100% FOR flying (Heck, my old nickname used to be Fly because I loved flying in this game so much), but if you aren't going to allow it in one zone, completely do away with it.

It makes no sense to have flying in one place and yet not another. How can anyone even explain it away other than "Um, we don't want you to fly because of game mechanics and stuff, oh and ... it'll let you see how small the world really is..."

Every time I see stuff like this it pisses me off.

Some days I think DEVS do this just because they love the yummy taste of my tears. :~(

edit: http://www.exinferno.com/no-flying-no-thanks-blizzard/ <-- my rant on this. Yes, My "new" nickname is Sick.

Flying mount haha

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Youtube comment about the new flying mount made me laugh pretty hard...

"What's the f**king point in further flying mounts after what they've just said about flying and the future of it.... I feel like i'm taking crazy pills here. 'Hey guys, come and look at my awesome new flying mount!' 'woooo can I see it flying?' ' sure, let's go all the way back to Azeroth or Pandaria so I can show you'.... have they got Jay Wilson working on WoW or something because I feel there are some monumentally stupid decisions in play here."
    Yes, they actually have Jay Wilson working on WoW again for the first time in a long time. Which makes it all the more amusing that the current WoW team is acting like the pre-RoS/pre-revamp/pre-Wilson-being-removed Diablo 3 team.

7+ Year Old Account
    No intent to farm 150k Crystals for a fell chicken that can't even fly in future expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    i said it once ill say it again Fuck Blizzard and Ion can suck my dick
    Thug life.

Glad to see wildstar finally went F2P - however, I think the model that Anet uses is way better. B2P.

150k crystals for a grounded bird. How about no.

Note: Just because a mount has wings doesn't mean it can fly, the poor bird probably had its wings docked and is unable to fly :'(

Read "Corrupted Deathwing" ... got very excited for 5 seconds.

150K apexis for a flying mount that looks ridiculous on the ground when they're planning to cut flying from the game from all current content from now on. WHY are they trolling like this? Perhaps because they're rubbish at making GROUND mounts that are as interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    150k crystals for a grounded bird. How about no.
    It is pretty easy to get that amount. A Spirit Lodge takes most of the work, if not all of it, out of getting crystals. Take 30 minutes and get some stones and a few weeks later gets you to the cap right now.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866