Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gearing for Timewalking

Hello all, I'm looking to get some discussion on timewalking to help min/max our gear in prep for Timewalking in 6.2.

I'm unsure of what to aim for, for stat priorities. I'm MS Blood and I believe it's MS/Mast or Mast/Crit depending on what you're looking to do, but bonus armor is best obv. Does Blood want Bonus Armor with these older dungeons or will stats like haste or crit be better? Additionally what are DPS looking for?

As for gemming it looks like Bold Crimson Spinel might be the best option since it doesn't have an item level requirement and gives raw stats. But then again if all our best gear is from this expansion, and depending on stat weights, WoD gems might be better.

This has a list of all enchants and what they get scaled down to. Since this is cross-expansion it means we should be able to enchant just about every slot!

Lastly, for gear, legendaries are probably going to beat out most of everything else. This timewalking guide mentions Shadowmourne probably being BiS, the MoP cape proccing consistently, and the WoD ring possibly being a solid option. The Ashen rings from ICC give a gem slot plus a proc which means they'll be quite nice. MoP legendary meta's work too so if your tier set (almost all are viable options really) has a meta gem slot it's worth picking up.

Trinkets are another big unknown. As a tank it might be better to pick up something with +BA, but there's tons of fun and awesome trinkets available, Deathbringer's Will notably.

Thoughts? Ideas? Theorycrafting? All are appreciated!
    Promethèus - Blackrock - US

are you asking from a "fun" PoV or to actually clear quicker? Timewalking dungeons are a joke as of right now, you can prob run them in full white gear, so at best you save a few minutes per month by using "bis" items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Last edited by Milocow; 2015-05-31 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Going to be fun raiding with 3x legendary items + the MoP meta in a MoP helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Going to be fun raiding with 3x legendary items + the MoP meta in a MoP helm.
    4x, if the meta works.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Be cool with that old ICC ring also ashen verdict one. Stats are crappy for us but the proc... Willing to bet AskMrRobot will make a list soon if they have not already got it made.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2015-05-31 at 09:12 PM.

Miss the good ol Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps and stuff like this http://i.imgur.com/qTEqpzE.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of time to get BIS gear for Timewalking is currently a massive waste considering how faceroll it currently is.

all of my soloing of legendaries is becoming relevant. Awesome.

Is the second trinket unknown, or just whatever I want? Additionally, you don't have any 2/4 piece bonus. Is it negligible versus more strength?

Quote Originally Posted by kc102 View Post
    Is the second trinket unknown, or just whatever I want? Additionally, you don't have any 2/4 piece bonus. Is it negligible versus more strength?
    Blood DKs don't really have any strong tier bonuses. I can't think of any 2nd trinket that stands out
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=321/imperial-plate 2piece gives 100 BA

i think you should fit them into your BiS

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=189/battlegear-of-valor also 2p gives you 200 BA but you would have to find some already in the game

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=188/lightforge-armor ^ same as that
    Last edited by Sonklol; 2015-06-01 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonklol View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=321/imperial-plate 2piece gives 100 BA

i think you should fit them into your BiS

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=189/battlegear-of-valor also 2p gives you 200 BA but you would have to find some already in the game

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=188/lightforge-armor ^ same as that
    I dont think items scale UP to level 70-80 so those items won't be that viable + the lack of gem slots it wont be that good

The imperial bracers + boots would beat your listed bracers and boots stat-wise.

Imperial bracers: 9 str, 9 stam +100BA for 2p
    Imperial boots: 14 str, 13 stam
    Total: 23 str, 22 stam, +100 BA

Treads of Crushed Flesh BC Timewalking: +7 str, +22 stam, +6 crit, +5 mast
    Treads of Crushed Flesh WotLK Timewalking: +10 str, +28 stam, +8 crit, +8 mast
    Bracers of Destructive Strength BC Timewalking: +3 str, +17 stam, +5 crit, +2 haste
    Bracers of Destructive Strength WotLK Timewalking: +6 str, +21 stam, +7 crit, +3 haste
    Gems+Bonus: 44 str
    Total BC: +54 str, +39 stam, +11crit, +5 mast, +2 haste
    Total WotLK: +60 str, +49stam, +13 crit, +8mast, +3 haste

You get less stam and secondary stats but you get way more BA. 1 BA = 1 STR.

We can probably already solo timewalking dungeons as Blood DKs. If anything, having full BiS timewalking gear will just make the dungeons even more dull. I sincerely hope they will at least double the current difficulty of timewalking dungeons before they hit live.

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    Blood DKs don't really have any strong tier bonuses. I can't think of any 2nd trinket that stands out
    Well, survivability-wise, MoP 4 piece was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    The amount of time to get BIS gear for Timewalking is currently a massive waste considering how faceroll it currently is.
    A lot of the time PTR stuff is faceroll for a reason.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    A lot of the time PTR stuff is faceroll for a reason.
    timewalking isnt intended to be solely for mythic level raiders, last I heard. It'll be faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Would frost possibly use the t14 4pc bonus? Having 5% additional strength on pillar would seem pretty decent in conjunction with all of the strength gems we will be using.

EDIT: The 2pc from ICC seems really good for 2h frost with 10% addition obliterate damage.
    Last edited by gcubeftw; 2015-06-02 at 03:45 AM.

It will always be faceroll and not aimed at mythic raiders. At level 81+ not everyone will have all the talents available to them. For example think about a Blood DK who is level 81 doing a wrath/TBC instance with spells missing.