Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Page 1 of 716
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon, Part 2

New one got a bit long, so here's part 2. Enjoy!

Greninja sucks

Take that back!
    (I still don't like the tongue scarf)

Are any of the newer games good?

I actually finally got AS a few weeks ago and it is stellar. Storytelling has come a long way in the genre.

My only complaint is that they've made mega stones an almost exclusively end game item. I wish they would introduce megas as a fundamental part of the game at this point and let you pick whichever one you want somewhere near the beginning and meet other trainers with megas, rather than it being a special snowflake only the main character and a couple of others have. My poor Houndoom wants his bone armor.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-06-02 at 07:48 PM.

AS isn't a newer game though, that's effectively gen 3, I was talking X/Y, Black & White and "sequels" (not sure if they're actually sequels, don't think so?).

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    AS isn't a newer game though, that's effectively gen 3, I was talking X/Y, Black & White and "sequels" (not sure if they're actually sequels, don't think so?).
    ORAS is like XY but better

10+ Year Old Account
    All hail the new pokethread.

10+ Year Old Account
    We never reached 4000th page D':

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Well sure but what I was asking was if XY, BW, BW2 are any good, not if the remakes are good (I've played the first 3 gens and remakes of the first 2).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    All hail the new pokethread.
    All hail Greninja :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I still think we should have a Pokemon subforum instead of just one thread :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Eh, I disagree. XY was a new game while ORAS was just a remake. As someone who played the crap out of RSE back in the day, I was disappointed playing through ORAS finding it basically identical. I missed the added features from XY like trainer customization and the huge regional pokedex!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well sure but what I was asking was if XY, BW, BW2 are any good, not if the remakes are good (I've played the first 3 gens and remakes of the first 2).
    They are good. Great, in fact.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    They are good. Great, in fact.
    How would you rank the generations? Remakes not included.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, fresh new faces here, old peeps here and there, might be the new era of the poke thread!

Also, for the new pmd game, get ready to get stoned! Literally

10+ Year Old Account
    Av...we could hit 4000 . Oh well picture time:

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I missed the added features from XY like trainer customization and the huge regional pokedex!
    True, but you got a game that was essentially XY + soaring and secret bases and a ton of other stuff. I mean, if you REALLY care about the story I can see how it would be disappointing, though it wasn't for me either way since I never played the originals (though I knew their entire story anyway...).

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you rank the generations? Remakes not included.
    Gameplay is a straight 6-5-4-3-2-1 for me. I honestly believe each generation has iterated and improved upon the formula.

Based on willingness to replay on a fresh save I'd go 5-3-4-6-2-1. (remakes included as part of what "Main" generation they're a part of.

And, just to watch the world burn, PokéAthlon is the best damn side-activity. Ever. Screw your beauty contests and film-making, even though the film-making was fun :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

This thread doesn't feel the same like the old one