Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

The important XY characters in a nutshell:

The Kalos region, basically tourist France.

Ash, still striving to become a Pokemon master. He has matured somewhat though.

Serena, the new Pokegirl and wannabe girlfriend of Ash. Like May and Dawn, she has chosen to become a contest performer, hoping to become Kalos queen.

Professor Sycamore, the first Pokemon Prof. since Oak twenty years ago to actually do something in the story. He's french, handsome and classy. Currently researching the secret of Mega Evolution.

Diantha, the Kalos Champion. Close friend of the Prof, and is a sugartooth. Knows some stuff about the bonds of Mega Evolution.

Alain, an elite trainer who travels with his sole Pokemon, Mega Charizary Y (Aka Black Charizard) and seeks to beat all the other Mega Evolutions. Recruited into the service of Lysandre upon the premise that he would be able to better mankind whilst becoming the strongest.

Steven, Hoenn Champion and the heir to Devon Corporation. Expert on Mega Evolution stones. Friend of Alain and ally of Lysandre.

Lysandre, the villainous team leader. However, he appears to be an anti-villain who seeks to purge the world of evil. Has convinced Alain and Steven to join him. He apparently needs the power of Mega Evolution to accomplish his goal, though how is currently unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    New/Current Champion of Hoenn. Last time Hoenn Champion was mentioned in teh anime, it was Wallace (as per Emerald). And for Steven's defence, he doesn't know Lysandre's goal of nuking everything with the Ultimate Weapon (assumign that part doesn't get changed in the anime). I also think Alain is in the dark regarding Team Flare's true goals.
    Ultimate Weapon is far too brutal for the anime; hell even Team Plasma's arc was almost completely nerfed into the ground when it came to their dark side of child abuse and Poke-cannibalism. Ghestis was reduced to a stereotypical mind-controlling villain, not the infamous ass we meet in the games.

Lysandre has never actually revealed any dark plans in the anime; the only crime being his grunts having just assaulted Ash for possession of the Zygarde core, the exact purpose of which and how it related to his plans is unknown.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-10-29 at 05:44 PM.

Dunno, they could actually pull of him winning the league this time and settling down with the new Kalos Queen.

Gen 7 could finally give us new protags...
    Good. He lost so much and sucked so much up until now that it really does need to be refreshed. Like the black and white intro type battles. Heck, all the new pokemon anime mini series have been going over really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lysandre has never actually revealed any dark plans in the anime; the only crime being his grunts having just assaulted Ash for possession of the Zygarde core, the exact purpose of which and how it related to his plans is unknown.
    maybe something akin to the hoenn thingies?
    want to control the great creature known as Kyogre / Groudon Zygarde?
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    maybe something akin to the hoenn thingies?
    want to control the great creature known as Kyogre / Groudon Zygarde?
    Zygarde is a protector of the Kalos region. In the games, Lysandre wanted to use a machine called the Ultimate Weapon to annihilate everything and everyone on the face of the Earth. Zygarde working with Lysandre makes absolutely no sense.

There is no doubt that Lysandre is going to be the villain, but ATM it is unclear just exactly how the writers are going to give Lysandre a means to "purge evil from the world". All he has done is collect Mega Evolution data and energy. Not sure how that translates into anything meaningful.

i was thinking more like
    Maybe Lysandre & Team flare wants to control Zygarde for whatever reasons.

y'know, to try and phase out all that nuke the world theme he's got going on in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    i was thinking more like
    Maybe Lysandre & Team flare wants to control Zygarde for whatever reasons.

y'know, to try and phase out all that nuke the world theme he's got going on in the games.
    There's a specific Kalos legendary for that: Yvetal, the Poke-god of death.

Zygarde is just a protector, and appears to carry no mass-murder capabilities like the other member of his trio, Yvetal.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I take that no-ultimate weapon part back. Remember when Yvetal went on a mass-killing spree in the Diancie movie? I guess the writers really could introduce the UW to the anime. Except it hasn't even been hinted at yet, when it should've long ago in S17.

So me and GF were discussing Xmas and presents when we came into the topic of ebay. soon enough we're both sitting here drooling over games and consoles we -can afford- but don't really need.

current situation; i want Green on japanese (alltough getting a collection with all the gen 1 and gen 2 games for just 1-2$ more is tempting) and all the games on the DS or 3ds system.
    i'd also like all the gen 1-3 games for just for show.

long story short, Can afford- but do not need

sidenote; might want to buy an ancient mew TCG card just for the nostalgia.

The opening for XYZ is absolutely amazing, watch at your own risk ofc, spoilers abound.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, apparently Ash's voice actress is the one who sings it, awesome! She kicks ash!

being slightly underleveled in the glittering caves
    Nutty is reviving my love for the move Rollout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i think it would be a good idea to make Ash a champion already so they stop his story and concentrate on a new character.

They could easy make a older Ash later, that you need to fight him as a champion (and you always end up losing to him).

If pokemon world skips up a few years, they can add new pokemon easy....Or even better, if they make a cataclysmic story where planet goes nuts and old existing pokemon get more variations and new species show up.

Adding up a huge map that connects all the older zones is a must, since you can make game longer and in every zone you need to get 8 badges to proceed. Heck they could make a ultimate world champion pokemon trainer in wich you need to win champion in every region. But they would have to slow down lvling by a lot.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That all sounds like "this is what we do when we decide to retire this game as a series" stuff.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Rip wishmur, the trainer first trainer in route 8 with the wingull got lucky with a crit ;_;

WT'd off for a lvl 20 Tyrunt (i suspect this is a freshly revived fossil that someone sent away)
    kinda ironic since i picked the sail fossil for Amaura.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to try my hand at the 2nd gym.
    team;
    20 larvesta
    20 phione
    20 quilladin
    21 grovyle
    21 ivysaur
    20 tyrunt

got the type advantage on 4 mons, but i'm slightly underlvl'd

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They could easy make a older Ash later, that you need to fight him as a champion (and you always end up losing to him).
    This is what they should do. Make Ash reach his goal as a Pokémon Master and "reboot" the next generation's series with new protagonists. Here adult Ash could be part of the supporting cast (if not even the protagonist's father).

This is what they should do. Make Ash reach his goal as a Pokémon Master and "reboot" the next generation's series with new protagonists. Here adult Ash could be part of the supporting cast (if not even the protagonist's father).
    No! I don't want Ash to grow old and have kids like they did to the Avatar characters in Korra! It'd ruin my imagination!

val, team flare didnt want to kill everyone and everything, they wanted to reduce the planets human population because he believed humans were killing the earth.

had he succeeded there would still be people and pokemon just less of them. from a purely amoral standpoint that could be seen as a good thing for mother nature considering in the pokemon world people pollute the planet so much it literally mutates into fucking pokemans :P

aka muk, aka weezing, aka trubbish.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    val, team flare didnt want to kill everyone and everything, they wanted to reduce the planets human population because he believed humans were killing the earth.

had he succeeded there would still be people and pokemon just less of them. from a purely amoral standpoint that could be seen as a good thing for mother nature considering in the pokemon world people pollute the planet so much it literally mutates into fucking pokemans :P

aka muk, aka weezing, aka trubbish.
    From Bulbapedia:

plans to use the weapon which he spoke about earlier in order to eliminate anyone not part of Team Flare

That's not merely reducing the population, that's literally restarting the human race as the Flare people.

team flare was in his mind made up of the most beautiful and pure people in the world (and a handful of people he let in through money or power in order to fund the team)

zygarde is a weird robit snake transformer. it might go all skynet for all we know and agree with him

- - - Updated - - -

also wheres all them people who said it was a costume when its pretty clearly at this point a mega or at the very least some sort of psuedo mega considering all the mega evo imagery involved in that opening and greninja
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It felt as if it was some kind of syncro-evoltuion. Like, remember how in Digimon Tamers when Takato and WarGrowlmon began moving/screaming in sync during serious fights (like the horse seashell thing on the bridge, or the giant boar in the streets)?

Well, in the trailer it looks like Ash moves in sync with Greninja in some of the clips. An example is right at the start of the M-Greninja (because it's blatantly a Mega now) vs. M-Sceptile fight, Ash does a sort of squat/reach 1 hand to the floor like how Greninja normally stands in battle - squat with 1 hand on the floor.

I think I also saw Ash doing something with his hands right before GreMinja and M-Sceppy clashed.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    ash actually has a pretty solid looking team.

when his Greninja goes Ash Mode does it gain power?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.