Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    This thread doesn't feel the same like the old one
    Just check back when the next generation is announced for the 500+ pages of frothing :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I'm gonna pick up my Red Eyed Crocodile Skink next week and I'm still torn on name, help!

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Gameplay is a straight 6-5-4-3-2-1 for me. I honestly believe each generation has iterated and improved upon the formula.

Based on willingness to replay on a fresh save I'd go 5-3-4-6-2-1. (remakes included as part of what "Main" generation they're a part of.

And, just to watch the world burn, PokéAthlon is the best damn side-activity. Ever. Screw your beauty contests and film-making, even though the film-making was fun :P
    Cool, cheers.

I had a look at White 2 a while back and it seems like the graphics are much worse (very pixely sprites, not that it matters much) and poor menu controls, compared to SoulSilver (the entire menu being on the bottom screen while in the overworld, sprint being a toggle, etc, none of this was present in W2) - is XY the same as BW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Cool, cheers.

I had a look at White 2 a while back and it seems like the graphics are much worse (very pixely sprites, not that it matters much) and poor menu controls, compared to SoulSilver (the entire menu being on the bottom screen while in the overworld, sprint being a toggle, etc, none of this was present in W2) - is XY the same as BW2?
    I... don't remember. But I DO remember not being bothered by whatever menu scheme they used. B2/W2 gets a pass for me mainly because they introduced the feature that shows when you've caught/seen all pokemon in the area you're currently in. Perfect for collectors!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Cool, cheers.

The interface in BW2 was actually much better. Everything looked more fluid, more immersive, and the battles were faster. Play a gen 5 game then try going back and playing gen 4, the rate the health bars drop is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow in comparison to it's gen 5 counter-part.

10+ Year Old Account
    New thread? Damn, so many memories in the old one. RIP Pokemon thread 2011-2015

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread is dead! All hail the thread!

On that note, Aggron is king

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    The thread is dead! All hail the thread!

On that note, Aggron is king
    Praise Helios!

Deleted
    Hail Aggron.

Second Pokemon thread.
    Johto = second generation.

JOHTO 3D RE-REMAKE CONFIRMED!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    And, just to watch the world burn, PokéAthlon is the best damn side-activity. Ever. Screw your beauty contests and film-making, even though the film-making was fun :P
    Now that's true. PokéAthon is the only side activity I have done more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    The interface in BW2 was actually much better. Everything looked more fluid, more immersive, and the battles were faster. Play a gen 5 game then try going back and playing gen 4, the rate the health bars drop is EXCRUCIATINGLY slow in comparison to it's gen 5 counter-part.
    Oh, absolutely, combat seems improved (aside from graphics) in gen 5 - I was talking about overworld menus. I also noticed from my few minutes of looking at W2 that the music seemed very off, but that might just be me being used to gen 2 (played when I was a kid, remake has very similar music, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    O look new and shinny
    Indeed.

New pokemon thread... you have the blessings of arceus & mew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    But, but... it was fun watching Blissey's health bar going down... and down... and down

All dem 714 HPs...

To celebrate the new thread, here are some gifs of the best pokemon ever:

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I still welcome the new thread

For the lizard pet, I thinking the name black eye or black skin could be used, or you want either a Pokemon name or a unique name that I can't think of

The other thread usually dies down usually a day or two (or unless some1 like me posts here...)

only viable name for a pet lizzard is Godzila

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still just here for the anime :|
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT IS THIS

I LEAVE FOR LIKE 5 MONTHS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

Gosh
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

This is why we need upvotes