Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Just throwing this here, as it is rather important:

(1) Fully new mons, in the UBs shown, is massive. They have never introduced new species midway through a generation.
    (2) Rockruff's dex number is 126 in USUM (shown in the summary provided in the trailer) while it's 103 in S/M.

Those 2 facts suggest 20 new pokemon in Alola, be it Alolan forms or new species. It is clear, I'd say, that they are just withholding the information on purpose and we shouldn't write off the games until we get all the information.
    It could however also mean that we'll just have more 'mons from previous generations, not necessarily with their alolan forms. Though I do agree it looks promising for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    It could however also mean that we'll just have more 'mons from previous generations, not necessarily with their alolan forms. Though I do agree it looks promising for sure.
    That could very well be true, and it would not be surprising at all. Given though that we are already shown two fully new pokemon, it is generally safe to assume that there are ~20 new mons in the game in either Alolan forms or species all together or both.

That could very well be true, and it would not be surprising at all. Given though that we are already shown two fully new pokemon, it is generally safe to assume that there are ~20 new mons in the game in either Alolan forms or species all together or both.
    They can just slap in 20 of the 500 Pokémon not in the existing Alola Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They can just slap in 20 of the 500 Pokémon not in the existing Alola Pokedex.
    We just both noted that, actually.

We just both noted that, actually.
    I wouldn't get hyped over new UB, their legendarys they have always included new legends in the new games.

I doubt we are gonna get actual common new pokemon. I except more alola forms and maybe 1 more UB but that's it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I wouldn't get hyped over new UB, their legendarys they have always included new legends in the new games.
    They have never introduced new Pokémon mid generation.

I doubt we are gonna get actual common new pokemon. I except more alola forms and maybe 1 more UB but that's it
    I don't consider them legends, honestly. Way too far from it. They have intricate designs and are marked differently in the pokedex than others, but they are not legendaries. They are their own category, I feel.

Also, we should note here that the mascots of the two versions are the same pokemon in Nekrozma.

i wonder if we'll ever see ultra beasts again or if they'll be forgotten about in pokemon switch like mega evolution, same with regional forms. if this is the way pokemon is going forward, adding gimmicks just for the sake of it that fuck with both game mechanics and lore and then dropping them as soon as the next generation comes about im not a fan of it. either stick with it or dont just tack shit on.

whats gonna happen in gen 16 if this keeps going on? "introducing super duper shiny triple decker hamburger mode" stop it game freak
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wonder if we'll ever see ultra beasts again or if they'll be forgotten about in pokemon switch like mega evolution, same with regional forms. if this is the way pokemon is going forward, adding gimmicks just for the sake of it that fuck with both game mechanics and lore and then dropping them as soon as the next generation comes about im not a fan of it. either stick with it or dont just tack shit on.

whats gonna happen in gen 16 if this keeps going on? "introducing super duper shiny triple decker hamburger mode" stop it game freak
    Rather than new battle mechanics, I'd like to see Pokemon innovate on actually bonding with your mons and allow for more non-battle activities in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Rather than new battle mechanics, I'd like to see Pokemon innovate on actually bonding with your mons and allow for more non-battle activities in the world.
    well they did do this with pokemon amie and then expanded on it a little bit with sun and moon. they could expand on it more in pokemon switch. since there isnt two screens it would be cool if they brought back pokemon following you and made that the prompt to open it up. maybe add more environmental responses and communication between you and your pokemon.

i think the main problem behind this is making engaging gameplay for this that doesnt just boil down to "grind the thing"

monster rancher, nintendogs are both series they could pull more ideas from. i only played the first dragon quest monsters so im not sure if they added anything cool to that. more story focus on your pokemon similar to nebby could be another idea but hard to balance around the fact that said pokemon might not be with you
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Ultra Beasts are just Pokémon. They have PokeDex numbers. They won't be removing them.

Now, you propably won't be able to capture them in every game, just like any other Legendary Pokémon, but you can transfer them forward from Gen 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Ultra Beasts are just Pokémon. They have PokeDex numbers. They won't be removing them.

Now, you propably won't be able to capture them in every game, just like any other Legendary Pokémon, but you can transfer them forward from Gen 7.
    im not saying they'll remove them, im saying whether or not we will get NEW ultra beasts after gen 7 just like mega evos are non existent this gen despite being a huge marketing, gameplay, and merchandise part of gen 6, granted alolan formes are more similiar to mega evos than ultra beasts but the point is about both anyways

im not saying they'll remove them, im saying whether or not we will get NEW ultra beasts after gen 7 just like mega evos are non existent this gen despite being a huge marketing, gameplay, and merchandise part of gen 6, granted alolan formes are more similiar to mega evos than ultra beasts but the point is about both anyways
    Ultra beasts are just Legendary Pokémon. They fit Alola story, so we have them there. New Legendaries labeled UB are unlikely to happen with no more lore to support them.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, the Anime just had an episode with Mega Evolution. We might see more of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    This, I'm quite annoyed with the power creep of gimmics the past 2 gens. Mega evolutions are so convoluted either making already strong pokemon OP (rayquaza, gengar) or stripping weak pokemon that needed an evolution (mawhile, lopunny) is just irritating. Then there are Z moves like fucking why this was clearly an anime only gimmic to bring in the younger crowds.

I wish they focus non battle power creeps and more activities. We haven't fucking gotten a real end game pokemon game since BW2 in gen 5. They didn't even bring back the battle frontier for gen 3 remake ffs. Instead they waste their time with Z moves and mega stones which get more convoluted as new gens appear. It's just something complicated to port, look at gen 7 we didn't even get all the mega stones.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer a total statistical rehaul that makes a greater attempt at making as many pokemon as possible viable, at least in a casual setting. This includes learnsets, which still make certain pokemon just garbage (hello Beedrill). On top of that, a wider variety of pokemon available in each generation. A little over a hundred just doesn't cut it anymore when you're working your way toward a thousand total.

Some more type balancing wouldn't be bad either. Also, just as a random curiosity, I'd like to see a mono-flying pokemon. Why are they all also normal?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-09-22 at 12:59 AM.

This, I'm quite annoyed with the power creep of gimmics the past 2 gens. Mega evolutions are so convoluted either making already strong pokemon OP (rayquaza, gengar) or stripping weak pokemon that needed an evolution (mawhile, lopunny) is just irritating. Then there are Z moves like fucking why this was clearly an anime only gimmic to bring in the younger crowds.

I wish they focus non battle power creeps and more activities. We haven't fucking gotten a real end game pokemon game since BW2 in gen 5. They didn't even bring back the battle frontier for gen 3 remake ffs. Instead they waste their time with Z moves and mega stones which get more convoluted as new gens appear. It's just something complicated to port, look at gen 7 we didn't even get all the mega stones.
    I kind of agree. Although I personally like a fair amount of the mega evolutions and what they bring to the table, it would've been better if they continued the idea so more were introduced. It's just left as 'wasted potential'.

The idea of Alolan Pokemon is a really good one though that keeps older pokemon fresh and gives them a new chance to be viable. I would be really happy if, going forward, they would continue the trend of reintroducing older pokemon with a new twist, but I feel like they won't, just like with megas.

I know one thing though, new Z-moves probably won't be introduced again after this gen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'd prefer a total statistical rehaul that makes a greater attempt at making as many pokemon as possible viable, at least in a casual setting. This includes learnsets, which still make certain pokemon just garbage (hello Beedrill). On top of that, a wider variety of pokemon available in each generation. A little over a hundred just doesn't cut it anymore when you're working your way toward a thousand total.

Some more type balancing wouldn't be bad either. Also, just as a random curiosity, I'd like to see a mono-flying pokemon. Why are they all also normal?
    There is one mono-flying pokemon:

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Still very cool for me.

So Mina finally has a trial.

Sun and Moon looking more and more rushed and incomplete every day.

Surfing is beautiful, too bad it will be something you do only once or twice