Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    So all of my original problems with s/m are cropping up again. From the insane amount of hand holding with items and rail roading you to stupid features i don't care about like picture taking or mantine surfing (and they made me do both). I think the 3ds games were just a wash. I'm like 7 hours in and still no rainbow rocket shenanigans. Zzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    There are still making games for it tho:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_XI
    They will continue to come out with 3rd party games, either sequels or spin-offs, for a couple of years has happened with every Nintendo console, especially the handhelds.

It's first party you have to look at. Right now the last games to come out will be: Dillion's Rolling Western Sequel in Japan (no set 2018 date), Kirby Battle Royal in North America (January 19th, 2018), and Mario Party: The Top 100 in Europe (January 2018), two relatively low budget spin-offs and a sequel to a digital only title.

- - - Updated - - -

Mimkyu's Z-Move trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm like 7 hours in and still no rainbow rocket shenanigans. Zzzzzzzz
    That is clearly a postgame thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    The switch is not a console. It's a handheld hybrid. More people use it as ahandheld or as both than they do a home console. There is no 4ds coming.
    Not sure what you're getting at here. Never said there would be a new DS and I understand what the Switch can do. It is a console though, handheld or otherwise.

People don't WANT them to change the formula, at least not to a huge degree. We might see small shakeups like trials instead of gyms link in sumu but Pokemon is Pokemon and you don't fix what isn't broken.
    The trials were basically just gyms, except instead of trainers you had random battles and the Totem pokemon being easier than most gym leaders, and that's saying something. Honestly those trials felt far more annoying as you could end up battling more than in a normal gym scenario.

Little shake ups like that are important, but to expect the same game with the same level of content and pay an extra $20 is plain asinine. Why would you want to pay more for the exact same thing? There has to be more content in these games to justify a bigger price tag, and that's not expecting much when you pay more to get more.

The switch is their new handheld, it's their ONLY system.
    Why are you focusing so much on that instead of any of my other points? That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I don't think its as much about changing what is already there as it is about adding something new on top. Even if it is only a bigger world. Given that the Switch is a more powerful console (handheld console is still a console) than the 3DS I feel this isn't an unreasonable expectation
    Exactly. A bigger world is needed. I am still amazed they Pokemon never had another gen where we could go to two different countries(?) after Gold/Silver and since then there really hasn't been anything that came close to that level of content in a Pokemon game.

Eventually I think they'll do the open world thing, but not until around gen 10 at the earliest or an MMO. For their first game on the Switch I'm sure they'll play it safe with the normal formula, but hopefully they add more to it than just another random Battle place, another random battle style gimmick (Horde, Help, Totem), and another gimmick that won't be used in any other games (like the useless picture taking in Sun/Moon or contests in Gen 3), and another Team that won't show up anywhere else and barely any personality in them (Skull was an exception to this, lots of personality there.)
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-11-10 at 08:14 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That is clearly a postgame thing.
    Well that sucks because litterally nothing happened in s/m and was bored enoigh to drop it for a few months.

lets snuggle..... FOREVER

Well that sucks because litterally nothing happened in s/m and was bored enoigh to drop it for a few months.
    pretty much everything's gonna happen post game
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that would be interesting to have in a new pokemon game:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well that would be interesting to have in a new pokemon game:
    ive seen that, its pretty funny though.

Finally does mah boy Dennis justice, on the other hand the Archie/Maxie battle theme was a letdown, compared to the ORAS one imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boss/legendary themes from BW and BW2 have always been amazing. Seeing the Ghetsis theme like this makes me feel things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    ;3

so the leak is confirmed real, not only is it rainbow rocket but they all come from alternate universes where red, ruby, white, ect didnt exist so they won.

this means were getting more alolan forms
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

so the leak is confirmed real, not only is it rainbow rocket but they all come from alternate universes where red, ruby, white, ect didnt exist so they won.

alolan form houndoom pls oh and alolan espeon/umbreon ty
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account

There aren't any new ones, sorry

There aren't any new ones, sorry
    why would they leak rainbow rocket and other story details 100% accurately but just lie about new alolan forms?

and theres no way he just guessed, nobody just pulls out of their butt a name like rainbow rocket or the fact that theyre from an alternate dimension, or that a bunch of old characters are back.

unless they got cut somehow. the leaker for sun and moon got everything right including all the alolan forms and new pokemon he mentioned with the exception of alolan arcanine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    alolan form houndoom pls oh and alolan espeon/umbreon ty
    id love to see some from other gens but im expecting more genwunner fan service. looks like if you arent from gen 1 the only time you get fan service is during remakes.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    why would they leak rainbow rocket and other story details 100% accurately but just lie about new alolan forms?

and theres no way he just guessed, nobody just pulls out of their butt a name like rainbow rocket or the fact that theyre from an alternate dimension, or that a bunch of old characters are back.

unless they got cut somehow. the leaker for sun and moon got everything right including all the alolan forms and new pokemon he mentioned with the exception of alolan arcanine
    I have the game and saw the datamined info. It's 6 new legendaries and thats it. Sorry, babe

- - - Updated - - -

I have the game and saw the datamined info. It's 6 new legendaries and thats it. Sorry, babe
    well that sucks. i wonder what happened to it then. i cant imagine they would stick just one piece of fake stuff in to fuck with people when everything else is accurate. maybe they got fired or something before it finished and they never made it to live

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

well that sucks. i wonder what happened to it then. i cant imagine they would stick just one piece of fake stuff in to fuck with people when everything else is accurate. maybe they got fired or something before it finished and they never made it to live
    No reason to make more when they're gonna be stuck in gen 7 for the rest of time. At least the megas can carry over, but i doubt you can transfer alolan forms to gen 8.

No reason to make more when they're gonna be stuck in gen 7 for the rest of time. At least the megas can carry over, but i doubt you can transfer alolan forms to gen 8.
    why not? you can put them in pokebank