Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Deleted
    Looks like total garbage. Waiting for the next proper core game then...

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are no wild Pokemon battles how do you train your Pokemon? Although people, let's not forget Pokemon Colosseum. That game had no wild Pokemon battles, and yet it was a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If there are no wild Pokemon battles how do you train your Pokemon? Although people, let's not forget Pokemon Colosseum. That game had no wild Pokemon battles, and yet it was a great game.
    I'm surprised the Pokémon even seemed to have levels. Could have gone with CP straight off the bat with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm surprised the Pokémon even seemed to have levels. Could have gone with CP straight off the bat with this.
    If they had I would've peaced out 100%. I'm staying open minded with this, but the only reason I'm not pissed is because we're getting a true mainline game next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who else is #teameevee ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who else is #teameevee ?
    Wtf genn in this this thread, what happened

Also Team Eevee here!!!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It looks great but I must admit not a fan of some of the changes. Will keep and eye on more gameplay when we get closer to release, but I'm reserved so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wtf genn in this this thread, what happened

Also Team Eevee here!!!

Remember when spin-offs were good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon was fucking amazing up until Gates to Infinity. Not sure how Super Mystery Dungeon turned out, anyone know if its any good? Might keep an eye out for it if so. Freaking love the concept of those games

10+ Year Old Account
    Mystery Dungeon hands down best Pokemon spinoffs with the exception of maybe Colosseum and XD. Both series were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If they had I would've peaced out 100%. I'm staying open minded with this, but the only reason I'm not pissed is because we're getting a true mainline game next year.
    Oh fuck me. They do have CP in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck me. They do have CP in this game.

siiiigghhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I guess they want to try out how well recieved let's go will be
    if it's a sucsess they might expand with chrystal, emerald, etc as sequel remakes and will not do remakes for the 3ds(next gen handheld)
    if it's a failure they can say "well we tried but no one wants it and it's not worth for a sequel"
    It's going to fail. Go lost most of the people who tried it. It's sustained by hardcore spenders. Without micro transactions it wouldn't be doing so well. I guess its back to waiting for a new core game. At least this means the switch is probably the platform for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Pokemon most its way after gen 6, with no real postgame the games are boring as hell
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Just read the summary of the interview from serebii. One part worries me

When asking about EV training Pokémon, IGN reveals that the team wanted to simplify things with how you level up, raise & train your Pokémon, stating more details will come at a later date
    I really am starting to get worried that they may have just opened pandoras box to ruin the core games when they come out. Its already pretty bad that a new pokemon will be with these games exclusively. I don't want them to dumb down the main games. They are fine the way they are. They are easy and simple for a child to play, and offer some depth for competitive play.

I am going to really wonder about the future of pokemon going forward until we can see the next core games.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I guess they want to try out how well recieved let's go will be
    if it's a sucsess they might expand with chrystal, emerald, etc as sequel remakes and will not do remakes for the 3ds(next gen handheld)
    if it's a failure they can say "well we tried but no one wants it and it's not worth for a sequel"
    what are you talking about? there is no next gen handheld, the switch is their handheld

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when spin-offs were good?
    i dont get why you keep acting like the go functionality is integral to the games. the only thing you will get from go that you cant ingame are probably the alolan forms.

by the time go shuts down, if ever, these games will be years and years old and multiple generations behind.

not having alolan exeggutor doesnt make your game incomplete anymore than not being able to use gts in the gen 4 games does
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what are you talking about? there is no next gen handheld, the switch is their handheld
    Literally just found this info to add to your statement: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1001636250158223360

With #PokemonQuest and #PokemonLetsGo, there are so many new ways to explore the world of Pokémon! Trainers can look forward to even more with an all-new core series Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019!
    They also state that it will be like X/Y and Sun/Moon. So yup, the switch is their new go to. They have made the transition.

Just thought of something... Im going to have to get my GF a switch now. Darn it

- - - Updated - - -

I finally got around to playing Ultra Moon and I have a huge gripe with it. It has so much friggin dialog. Like holy crap. Nearly an hour in and most of it is time that I spent sitting there spamming B or A to get through the text. There is just so much of it. Now I have a trainer school to do too. UGH.

I really hope they don't have nearly this amount in the next games. This is just boring.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-05-30 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Just read the summary of the interview from serebii. One part worries me

I really am starting to get worried that they may have just opened pandoras box to ruin the core games when they come out. Its already pretty bad that a new pokemon will be with these games exclusively. I don't want them to dumb down the main games. They are fine the way they are. They are easy and simple for a child to play, and offer some depth for competitive play.

I am going to really wonder about the future of pokemon going forward until we can see the next core games.
    We can only hope the simplified CP based crap will stay in Let's Go games (if they become a series) and that the core series can stay as it is, or better yet, become more challenging and engaging since there is new simple kiddie tier game available for that audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I finally got around to playing Ultra Moon and I have a huge gripe with it. It has so much friggin dialog. Like holy crap. Nearly an hour in and most of it is time that I spent sitting there spamming B or A to get through the text. There is just so much of it. Now I have a trainer school to do too. UGH.

I really hope they don't have nearly this amount in the next games. This is just boring.
    Dialogue and story? IN MY JRPG???!!!

Yeah, sorry but I think they gonna keep their focus on story, even more so with the better presentation from Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

i dont get why you keep acting like the go functionality is integral to the games. the only thing you will get from go that you cant ingame are probably the alolan forms.

by the time go shuts down, if ever, these games will be years and years old and multiple generations behind.

not having alolan exeggutor doesnt make your game incomplete anymore than not being able to use gts in the gen 4 games does
    Integration with Go is more than just transferring stuff to/from your phone. It ruined the wild battles and even Pokémon themselves. Gone are Stats and abilities (and real levels), all replaced by CP.

Dialogue and story? IN MY JRPG???!!!

Yeah, sorry but I think they gonna keep their focus on story, even more so with the better presentation from Switch.
    Dont get me wrong, I love story in my games. I love when its great. However, there is a such thing as too Much dialog, and I think Ultra Moon hits that. At an hour in, I shouldn't still be away from getting to start the gameplay. The past pokemon games had it right. They had a great mixture of dialong and gameplay. I don't recall any previous versions taking me an hour before I can leave the first area (iki town in moon). And then going onto a second, mini tutorial. The pacing gets better later on in the game admittedly. Its just this one really drags out the very start of it with a lot of needless dialog and trying to introduce too many people and things right at the start.

Like, back in silver / gold, you didn't really start to get a sense for team rockets goals until you got to the slowpoke cave. In Ultra Moon, I was already told the bad guys name, their goals, and what they are even looking at specifically on that island. Heck, I even get told that they plan to keep moving forward. That's all within the starting area too. Leaving nothing to be discovered later on.

Its just not good story telling to spill the beans about everything right up front. They essentially information dump as much as they can right away. Leave some mystery for further in. Let me Discover their teams name and their goals through playing an investigating, not get fed all of it right away. The pacing is just bad.

- - - Updated - - -

We can only hope the simplified CP based crap will stay in Let's Go games (if they become a series) and that the core series can stay as it is, or better yet, become more challenging and engaging since there is new simple kiddie tier game available for that audience.
    Thankfully, from what they have tweeted, they are planning to do exactly that. Keep the core series the way it is for the most part.

Update: Just found this out. Gamefreak confirmed that they have already been working on the 2019 game coming up and these side games will have no influence on them.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-05-30 at 08:54 PM.