Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

What was the very first video they played? I missed it. I only caught up with the stream when they revealed the 4 new pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was basically a trailer showing everything before they told us about it. Kind of a 'Hey, watch this first!' moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the legendaries. Interested to see how Dynamax does, should be fun to play with. Not surprised it only lasts 3 turns considering its basically Z-Megas for every pokemon.

I like all of the new pokemon they showed (that raven, hnggg), the turtle thing looks a bit goofy but eh.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah crap, I forgot about today. Guess I'll just watch whatever they revealed later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The official website is partway through being updated - it's currently struggling to fully load the page, but my browser has the page fully loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Ah crap, I forgot about today. Guess I'll just watch whatever they revealed later.
    This is the trailer they showed at the start. Plus it also has the Legendary tease at the end.
    I like the use of song "everything you want", kind of a "Hey, look at this, everyone!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I like what I've seen so far. Even the new gimmick sounds nice, and feels like some balancing thought was put into it with the 3 turns thing. I'm going to assume it can't be stacked with a Mega or Z-move. Probably triggered by an item like recent gimmicks have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Not gonna lie, I like what I've seen so far. Even the new gimmick sounds nice, and feels like some balancing thought was put into it with the 3 turns thing. I'm going to assume it can't be stacked with a Mega or Z-move. Probably triggered by an item like recent gimmicks have been.
    I heavily expect Megas and Z-Moves to be flat out gone. If adding a new combat gimmick every new gen is gonna be the way forward they HAVE to get rid of old ones anyway or otherwise combat will just be bloated by gimmicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Dynamax is pretty stupid honestly. It just looks kinda dumb to me aesthetically. Also I don't really like the whole "lets add a new gimmick every generation!" Just stick with Mega Evolutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dynamax might have something to do with the concept of sports mascots, now that I think about it.

Kinda reminds me of the balloon boss from Banjo Tooie.

- - - Updated - - -

'ere's the full Direct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bikeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think Dynamax is pretty stupid honestly. It just looks kinda dumb to me aesthetically. Also I don't really like the whole "lets add a new gimmick every generation!" Just stick with Mega Evolutions.
    Exactly they should have stick with Megas and keep introducing new ones. (And Region-Forms are cool too)

Even if they get ride of Zmoves, they probably can't toss Megas aside because it's still "new pokemons" getting rid of them would be weird but the fact that we will probably never see a new Mega again is also fucking sad.

This new gimmick is weird, you can see that a base pokemon is already the size of the stadium and this means that a stage 2 Pokemon will probably be the same size which is laughable. Having a Charizard the same size of a Charmander during this Dynamax will not be a good feeling imo.

Yeah, really not liking Dynamax... it does seem way too stupid. Just stick with mega-evos, sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Yeah, really not liking Dynamax... it does seem way too stupid. Just stick with mega-evos, sigh
    It looks more flexible than megas, particularly if you don't have to predetermine which one you're going to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It looks more flexible than megas, particularly if you don't have to predetermine which one you're going to use.
    Sure, but it just looks stupid... we've moved past evolutions and we are just hammering size into mons now? Very underwhelming

I like the idea of grouping up with players to fight a very powerful pokemon. I want to know if you can catch it and if its stats will be higher then normal or something special about it. No point to fight them if you can't earn anything from it.

Still hopping for some more eeveelutions personally. The new pokemon look nice. I don't like that one of the legedary pokemon is just holding a sword in its mouth though. That just isn't a cool design move.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2019-06-05 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I agree that non of the new revealed pokemon seem terribly designed. I have noticed a lot of flygons in the trailer. Mega Flygon when

Didn't like the song, turned down the volume
    I like Corviknight
    Wait, are Pokemon now wandering out in the wild? Was this a feature that wasn't yet implemented in the first trailer when the trainer walked through the grass with no Pokemon in it?
    Ah, they're testing out wild areas.
    Super sized Waillord, anyone? (I doubt it, it seems like Raichu and Gyrados were scaled to the same size, no multiplication)
    The animation and feeling of weight is impressive, but "your Pokemon but bigger" isn't as exciting as new formes.
    The dynamax attack animations look great!
    Wow, this feels like the first actual co-op content in the franchise since multi battles at the battle tower in Emerald, which was never expanded upon and is very clunky right now. I hope there are difficult enough Dynamax battles to make my Heal Pulse Clawitzer useful, but given this is GameFreak I doubt it. The feature will probably be thrown away come next gen anyway.
    The wolf legendaries with the bright red, gold, and blue color schemes are hard on the eyes
    Zamazenta is the coolest, just like Solgaleo. Even has his blue hair act as a cloak. I wonder if the two legendaries are fighting a third, or a line of invasive Pokemon like the Ultra Beasts. That said, legendaries were never really interesting except in Gen 5.
    Eh. I like the new professor, hopefully she actually does something this time.
    Champion and gyms again?
    How do these colossal Dynamaxed Pokemon NOT annihlate the stadium and kill hundreds of people with hyper beams that miss or are deflected, or by Pokemon being shoved into the stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I heavily expect Megas and Z-Moves to be flat out gone. If adding a new combat gimmick every new gen is gonna be the way forward they HAVE to get rid of old ones anyway or otherwise combat will just be bloated by gimmicks.
    They better not take away my Megas! I love Mega-Steelix, Ampharos, Sceptile, Aggron, Altaria, and Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Ye I agree that non of the new revealed pokemon seem terribly designed. I have noticed a lot of flygons in the trailer. Mega Flygon when
    Knowing GameFreak, never.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    They will more likely just drop Megas and Z-Moves than introduce any new of either.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2019-06-05 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    How do these colossal Dynamaxed Pokemon NOT annihlate the stadium and kill hundreds of people with hyper beams that miss or are deflected, or by Pokemon being shoved into the stands?
    Oh please, Z-Moves are all kinds of fucked up and the Pokemon World is still just fine :P Black Hole Eclipse taking the cake among all of em

I do hope they drop the megas and keep them in the 3DS era. They were stupid to begin with. Dynamax feels like a beefed up totem pokemon. I am really liking all the pokemon they showed today. To me, wooloo > mareep, at least with the looks. Don't know anything else about it.

Megas were dumb because you were forced into using certain pokemon, or else you would be greatly gimped. Z-moves were better because it didn't matter which pokemon you used. It looks to be the same with dynamax. With the shield wolf, I got immense Solgaleo vibes from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hop literally seems to be designed around the hop plant/fruit: