Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon's dead folks. We had a good run.

They removed contests
    They removed the battle frontier
    They removed importing Pokemon
    They removed Mega-Evolutions

And those are just core features, not even talking about the other features they've dropped like the Game Corner, the Safari Zone, the Underground, Pokemon following you around in the overworld, the World Tournament, the studio, Soaring...

Just how barebones will SS be?

10+ Year Old Account
    I put so much effort into catching them all because I knew I'd be able to carry them over forever. I spent so much time breeding and training because I knew these Pokemon would be able to battle for me forever. Now that's all gone. What's the fucking point?

There we go with the "out-of season april fool's jokes" again. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I put so much effort into catching them all because I knew I'd be able to carry them over forever. I spent so much time breeding and training because I knew these Pokemon would be able to battle for me forever. Now that's all gone. What's the fucking point?
    I honestly cannot understand how they went through with this. Sadly, the only valid explanation is greed. Just more money. Sooner. Unbelievable and disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I honestly cannot understand how they went through with this. Sadly, the only valid explanation is greed. Just more money. Sooner. Unbelievable and disgusting.
    It's become more apparent than ever that GameFreak is lazy. Either that or they are the most stubborn Nintendo developer I've ever seen. It's a simple as hiring or contracting more 3D modelers and animators, and with the billions of dollars they've made off of the franchise, they can get that man power no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

They could've asked for assistance from other studios. Monolith Soft helped out the Zelda team!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly name a time when Gamefreak made improvements on the Pokemon formula with a recent entry? Because it seems to me like they don't address issues they just create new ones.

hold on, what exactly does this mean ?

that you wont be able to import some of the gen 1-7 pokemon ?

or that some of gen 1-7 pokemon wont be in the game at all, in any form ?

so the total number of pokemon in S&S will be not ~900, but much less ? how many ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the entire reason for the bank thing so you could "store" your pokemon between generations and kind of bring your progress with you through the games...and like for a cost as well? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

so the total number of pokemon in S&S will be not ~900, but much less ? how many ?
    Each region has about 150 to 200ish Pokemon, 2/3rds of which are new Pokemon. Altogether, they make up that regional Pokedex, the Pokemon that appears in that region. As I understand it, only those Pokemon will be implemented in the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Basically a yes on both, the mons NOT appearing in the galar pokedex will NOT be able to transfered over. How big is the Galar dex? We dont know yet, alola had 301, kalos around 450. I expect it to be closer to alola unfortunately cause Gamefreak are a bunch of fucks apparently

It means Most of the gen 1-7 pokemon wont be in at all, in any form, and you wont be able to import them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also they had fucking 3D models of these Pokemon from Lets Go as well as Sun and Moon... like they aren't as detailed but they have a base to work with on every fucking Pokemon. What do each of these pokemon need a hula hoop animation or some shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Each region has about 150 to 200ish Pokemon, 2/3rds of which are new Pokemon. Altogether, they make up that regional Pokedex, the Pokemon that appears in that region. As I understand it, only those Pokemon will be implemented in the game.
    wow, so the vast majority of gen 1-7 mons wont be in the game at all ?

thats kind of unacceptable

I get that maybe they cant do full Switch 3D models for all 900, but it should be at least .. 500-600 ? idk

I suppose first we need a hard confirmation on how big the Galar pokedex will be then

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wasn't the entire reason for the bank thing so you could "store" your pokemon between generations and kind of bring your progress with you through the games...and like for a cost as well? :S
    Yes. And they had explicitly also said that they want the bank to last forever, so everyone can bring all their pokemon through the years with them. I cannot express my frustration well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I get that maybe they cant do full Switch 3D models for all 900, but it should be at least .. 500-600 ? idk

I suppose first we need a hard confirmation on how big the Galar pokedex will be then
    I don't get it. Why do you think that any pokemon being left out would be acceptable? It has never been the case before that some pokemon are simply not available if not in the new game itself to be caught, to be transferred over.

This is not only unprecedented but unbelieably shitty. I honestly want to understand how you would justify 300 hundrend mons just being completely unavailable in a main series game that is even the first of its kind in the brand new, well-promising, console of theirs. Please tell me.

They fucking already have High Poly models for every Pokémon. They have had those since XY. That's why the games lagged on 3DS so much, they used way too detailed models for the Pokémon.

But now they drop majority of them from the game because fuck us that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow. Way to put a knife right in the hype's heart. Killed the game before it even released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what is their goal. They will simply move those old pokemon to old generation (Sinnoh). As a new game.

Forget abauth every pokemon from this game to be in new game.

At least corgi is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Basically a yes on both, the mons NOT appearing in the galar pokedex will NOT be able to transfered over. How big is the Galar dex? We dont know yet, alola had 301, kalos around 450. I expect it to be closer to alola unfortunately cause Gamefreak are a bunch of fucks apparently
    They said it will take some time to complete the pokedex for gen 8, so my guess would be closer to Kalos, maybe more. There's practically guaranteed to be 70 not in there (legendary and mythical pokemon from gen 1-7). Doubt many if any previous starters will be (that's another 63). Alola forms are doubtful, so that's another 18. That's 151 not in there, which leaves (807-151) 656 from previous gens that could happen. They will probably add around 75 new ones. 9 starters, plus the typical ones found in every gen (regional rodent, regional bird, pikachu clone, psuedo-legendary, and regional bug). So my guess would be close to 500. 403 in Ultra Sun/Moon, 457 in all 3 X/Y dexes. So I would guess between 400 and 500. What those will be, I don't know. But we do know quite a few from the short bits of video we have seen.

Yeah I'm done. Who the fuck do they think they are denying ANYONE their favorite pokemon. Fuck Game Freak. These models aren't even that detailed and you're going to seriously tell me you can't create a model for all of them? Give me a break. What a joke of a company.

And they were wise enough to announce this during the tree house that no one ever sticks around for so the awareness for this is minimal and they don't have to deal with the fallout. Twitter is too focused on BotW2 and Animal Crossing hype to notice. Fuck these guys.
    Last edited by Romeothecat; 2019-06-11 at 08:24 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.