Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    best generation of all?
    Haha. I dont normally like making the nostalgia argument i dont feel like youve played it recently and havent played gen 5

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because Kanto is by far the most popular and best generation of all? Gen 1 is the most mainstream and marketable. Even people who don't play Pokémon know most of Gen 1's Pokémon.

- - - Updated - - -

Kanto makes them the most money. Put Charizard and Eevee on a box with Pikachu and you're more likely to sell games than if you put "Zigzagoon" or Aipom.
    And what, that's supposed to make it ok? It's Pokemon, they sold just fine for years without having to shove Kanto pokemon everywhere and giving them special treatment, and they would keep selling it today even if they never uttered Charizard's name ever again.

I wouldn't even be mad if they gave all this crap to Kanto pokemon, but also gave it to plenty of others. But no, it's exclusively Kanto.

And Kanto the best gen? That would be a great joke if it wasn't as old as Johto.

Also, unrelated to this Kanto topic, for anyone who kept insisting Let's go were side games that had nothing to do with the main games and had no influence on them... You cannot get Gigantamax Eevee and Pikachu without their respective Let's Go game. And Meowth is promotional as well, just for shits and giggles.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2019-10-16 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Haha. I dont normally like making the nostalgia argument i dont feel like youve played it recently and havent played gen 5
    Gen 5 was trrrraaaasssshhhhhhh

B/W are boring games.

To be fair, generation 4 was the last one for me, but even among the 4, all of which I do enjoy, 1 is the most marketable. That's why they keep using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Gen 5 was trrrraaaasssshhhhhhh

B/W are boring games.
    I dont get people who are wrong on purpose

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, generation 4 was the last one for me, but even among the 4, all of which I do enjoy, 1 is the most marketable. That's why they keep using it.
    Im aware why. Its tiring

shilling for KANTOOO and current Gamefreak is way worse than shilling for current Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get people who are wrong on purpose
    B/W being boring is 100% factual.

15+ Year Old Account
    B/W being boring is 100% factual.
    How is it anymore boring than previous gens when the game play is the same

Oh my God, this trailer was the final nail. I am just not going to buy a switch for this trash of a game. Have they changed their designers? What the FUCK are those beyond stupid designs? And poor Butterfree who waited all those years for a mega-evolution gets treated like this? A bearably passable form with the gimmickiest of moves that is going to anyway be useless?

I am done. These forms are literally stretched beyond reason. This is bullshit and they are throwing it at us because they got nothing good to make of this franchise anymore. Pokemon needs new blood and a new company to run it. Fuck this. I am done. There are just too many strokes now and were with all previous installments of the games for my faith to withstand their bullshit.

Fuck's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace Mewtwo with Eevee and it's accurate.

... Oh who am I kidding, Mewtwo will probably get some kind of special treatment anyway, even if it's just something as simple as being the only non-Galar legendary left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    omg i died

Lol I'll take it. It's true. Pikachu, Charizard and Mewtwo are the faces of the franchise. Pokemon fans get tired of them the way Dragon Ball fans get tired of Goku being the center of attention, basketball fans get tired of Lebron James, boxing fans get tired of Floyd Mayweather, and wrestling fans got tired of John Cena.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it anymore boring than previous gens when the game play is the same
    Team Plasma is easily the dumbest team, although Team Galactic is a close second.

At least Galactic had a go big or go home attitude going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Replace Mewtwo with Eevee and it's accurate.

... Oh who am I kidding, Mewtwo will probably get some kind of special treatment anyway, even if it's just something as simple as being the only non-Galar legendary left.
    Isn't he still the most powerful Pokémon that ever existed anyway, or has that been retconned with subsequent generations?

15+ Year Old Account
    Team Plasma is easily the dumbest team, although Team Galactic is a close second.

At least Galactic had a go big or go home attitude going for them.
    i dont care about the teams but n is one of the most interesting characters in the series because he isnt a generic bad guy like the rest. The rest of the gameplay additiona on top of faster battles make it way leas boring

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont care about the teams but n is one of the most interesting characters in the series because he isnt a generic bad guy like the rest. The rest of the gameplay additiona on top of faster battles make it way leas boring
    N is just a basic cookie cutter red herring anti-villain. Generically obvious characters like that aren't interesting, which is why "friendly rival" is also fucking boring in the newer games.

Silver is a more interesting version of N and came in the best of all the main series game (G/S).

15+ Year Old Account
    N is just a basic cookie cutter red herring anti-villain. Generically obvious characters like that aren't interesting, which is why "friendly rival" is also fucking boring in the newer games.

Silver is a more interesting version of N and came in the best of all the main series game (G/S).
    Theyre all basic bitches which is why its weird you even care about the teams when battles, music and pokemon are more important which is why gen 5 is fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    A Witcher 3 had better looking trees than pokemon:

Switch port mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A Witcher 3 had better looking trees than pokemon:

Switch port mind you.
    Bad comparison. Witcher 3, both original and Switch port, is made by good developers who care about making quality games.