Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

  1. #12721
    That Omastar is a Let's Go model, not SuMo. All of the models seem to be in, but missing pretty much all their moves / stats, etc.

    Including old unused data in an application isn't unheard of in the software industry, in fact it's quite common.

  2. #12722
    The Lightbringer Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,289
    There was hope that Dynamax capping move power and lasting only 3 turns would make it more balanced but... it's a complete mess. The high power moves combined with their amazing secondary effects... The entire mechanic is broken beyond belief and it wouldn't shock me one bit if Smogon didn't see themselves forced to ban it to Ubers entirely.

    VGC will most likely allow it since it's the game's new shiny combat mechanic... people are eventually going to miss the Xerneas and friends meta, mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  3. #12723
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hm let me ask the helix:
    https://askhelixfossil.com/#khr8ue

    Wait for fix?

    Helix Fossil says:
    "Very doubtful"


    Helix Fossil says:
    "Outlook good"

  4. #12724
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,172
    This video will trigger you:


    Because its right

  5. #12725
    Herald of the Titans Chinese Bootlickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,902
    Huh, they brought back the whole "music changes when the gym leader is on their last mon" from Gen 5. I always liked that.

    In the land of intersectionality, the white men in a dress are king.

  6. #12726
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Huh, they brought back the whole "music changes when the gym leader is on their last mon" from Gen 5. I always liked that.
    You can also get a beast ball from a merchant after you finish main story (only1). But its totaly usless .

  7. #12727
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You can also get a beast ball from a merchant after you finish main story (only1). But its totaly usless .
    Yup, it's quite funny how they didn't cut those.
    There's literally 1 (actually 2, but within the same evolution line) ultra beasts in the game... and it's a gift. So there's literally no use for them, yet they made it into the game.

  8. #12728
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Yup, it's quite funny how they didn't cut those.
    There's literally 1 (actually 2, but within the same evolution line) ultra beasts in the game... and it's a gift. So there's literally no use for them, yet they made it into the game.
    Silvally isn't an Ultra Beast. It is a chimera created on Earth to kill UBs

  9. #12729
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,172
    Trys to catch Zamezenta with beast ball, fails every time .

  10. #12730
    The Lightbringer Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Silvally isn't an Ultra Beast. It is a chimera created on Earth to kill UBs
    It is, however, classified as a legendary for some reason.

    Hey, Multi-Attack was buffed to 120 power. Maybe Silvally will suck a little less this time around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  11. #12731

  12. #12732
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    This video will trigger you:


    Because its right
    While alot of this is true the game is very good. best ive played yet.

  13. #12733
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,597


    why this motherfucker has a fucking drum and a stick this simple sucks, i hate pokemons with objects but this is retarded, destroyed all my hopes for a cool gorilla grass starter

    And what its more annoying its better than the other 2

  14. #12734
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,172
    Inteleon can just icebeam it.

  15. #12735
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

    why this motherfucker has a fucking drum and a stick this simple sucks, i hate pokemons with objects but this is retarded, destroyed all my hopes for a cool gorilla grass starter

    And what its more annoying its better than the other 2
    Cinderace has basically Protean under another name for its HA, and coverage to make use of that ability.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  16. #12736
    The Patient Texan Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The freezer.
    Posts
    328
    So are we allowed to talk about other Pokemon games here or just Sword/Shield? Because I'm 15 hours into a run of Fire Red and I have 36 Pokemon caught, and it rocks. I am trying to finish every regional Pokedex plus Let's Go and Colosseum/XD, and I started with Kanto. I'm in Celadon City but I need to get the rest of the Pokemon in my box leveled up that I forgot about.

    Current team:
    Pablo- Wartortle L. 26
    Yang- Mankey L. 24
    Kimchi- Vileplume L. 25
    Peabody- Alakazam L. 25
    Surf Cat- Meowth L. 25
    Wheeler- Voltorb L. 20

    Others that are notable: Josuke, L. 22 Pidgeotto and Rosa, L. 23 Geodude. I guess Luna, my L. 15 Butterfree counts a little.
    Playing: Donkey Kong Country 3/Watching: Demon Slayer/Reading: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring

  17. #12737
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    plus Colosseum/XD
    Colosseum is great. One of my favorite Pokemon games, up there with Sapphire and White.

    I never managed to finish XD. Maybe it was because I was stupid, but I remember being confused as to where to go and what to do to progress the plot. I got stuck and gave up.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  18. #12738
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    So are we allowed to talk about other Pokemon games here or just Sword/Shield? Because I'm 15 hours into a run of Fire Red and I have 36 Pokemon caught, and it rocks. I am trying to finish every regional Pokedex plus Let's Go and Colosseum/XD, and I started with Kanto. I'm in Celadon City but I need to get the rest of the Pokemon in my box leveled up that I forgot about.

    Current team:
    Pablo- Wartortle L. 26
    Yang- Mankey L. 24
    Kimchi- Vileplume L. 25
    Peabody- Alakazam L. 25
    Surf Cat- Meowth L. 25
    Wheeler- Voltorb L. 20

    Others that are notable: Josuke, L. 22 Pidgeotto and Rosa, L. 23 Geodude. I guess Luna, my L. 15 Butterfree counts a little.
    Fire Red, well it's been a while since i played that one...
    Did you actually dust of an old nintendo to play it?

    I have my issues with gen 3; it still does the type move distinction in the old way... (type dictates what kind of move it is; physical/special)

    There's luckily a workaround for that; PokeMMO - it has the map of fire-red, battle animations of BW (the golden age of sprites IMO) and mechanics of gen 5. It also allows you to go trough gen1, gen3 and gen 5 on the same character and to keep all your progress. Gen 4 is also being included Soon(tm).

  19. #12739
    The Patient Texan Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The freezer.
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Fire Red, well it's been a while since i played that one...
    Did you actually dust of an old nintendo to play it?

    I have my issues with gen 3; it still does the type move distinction in the old way... (type dictates what kind of move it is; physical/special)

    There's luckily a workaround for that; PokeMMO - it has the map of fire-red, battle animations of BW (the golden age of sprites IMO) and mechanics of gen 5. It also allows you to go trough gen1, gen3 and gen 5 on the same character and to keep all your progress. Gen 4 is also being included Soon(tm).
    Yes. I have a real GBA cartridge and an SP, although I prefer my Game Boy Player- since the SP will be 16 years old as of December 24 and the battery life has gone to absolute shit on it.

    I agree that playing without the special/physical split is a pain in the ass, though. That was the best thing they ever did for making more Pokemon viable, along with the general buffs to bug movepools. I love my Butterfree and Beedrill but their movepools suck.
    Playing: Donkey Kong Country 3/Watching: Demon Slayer/Reading: LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring

  20. #12740
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    PokeMMO
    Have they added co-op multi battles?

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •