Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...nothing new:

10+ Year Old Account
    If y'all are looking for a fan-game to sate your thirst during this dry spell, I recommend Pokemon Infinity.
    It's and RPGMaker game, no following pokemon, but has overwork pokemon kind of like how the Wild area has the ! encounters in the grass and pokemon you can see.
    Some fakemon (I've only seen one, but I'm testing another file to confirm my suspicion that it changes based on what starter you pick).
    Regional variant starters (Cactus (Grass/Ground) Bulbasaur, Rain Cloud (Water/Flying) Squirtle, and Brawler (Fire/Dragon) Charmander; yeah yeah IK, GenWun!, but the sprites are really nice quality and every move that I've seen thus far has had an animation, unlike Insurgence which is missing a lot of animations despite being complete (which, btw, Insurgence has been picked up by another dev who is polishing up the game).
    Story is interesting.
    World design and sprites are beautiful, obviously there are some bugs like the skybox cutting off when in a resolution higher than the base one, but that's to be expected. Overall, the game has a DPPtHGSS feel.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the pokemon competition even matters any more:
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_from_battles

kinda in the mood to replay gen 6
    can anyone recommand a good hack for XY?
    I Know "hack" is a strong word with 3ds games and it's not the same as the gen 3 era but i'm talking about sth like randomizer, full dex, not need to trade for an evo, better leveling curve, etc if you knowwhat I mean

atm I only found Eternal X & Wilting Y and Neo XY
    same goes for ORAS

------
    while you're at it what are your favourite roms/hacks from each generation?

mine are:
    gen 2: crystal clear
    gen 3: shiny gold (imo the true gen 2 remake, figth me)
    gen 4: storm silver
    gen 5: hoeen white 2

Ive been playing fools gold and its amazing

Same story as crystal as thats what its a rom hack of but all 251 pokemon are obtainable ingame and theyve all been completely redone, given new moves and typings ala alolan or galarian forms.

Some of the designs are hit or miss but honestly o really like most of them, its very nostalgic while feeling like a brand new experience.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

man it feels like all enthusiasm for Pokemon on MMO-C has died

Hopes for the franchise going forward?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Zero...i switched to temtem for a time being.

I think I'm probably one of the more accepting or enthusiastic posters left for the franchise (a lot of people here have just completely given up or their outlool has turned so negative they've become entirely negative regardless of what the news even is) but even i have A LOT of problems with sword and shield.

They feel very hollow which is a shame because i really like a lot of the designs.

Theyve stripped away so much of what made pokemon pokemon.

All of the routes have become a to b with no exploring. Theres no dungeons, theres no puzzles even gym puzzles are incredibly easy to the point of being obsolete.

What happened to things like strength puzzles or the evil base teleport puzzles or hell even the dreaded ice puzzles? What happened to all the hidden items and offshoot routes? What happened to trainers having more then 1 or 2 pokemon?

What happened to side quests and hidden events? What happened to genuine event pokemon events?

Even if you ignore things like dexit and missing features the games themselves have lost a lot of what made them different and somehow instead of expanding the world the switch the 3d has actually made the world seem SMALLER if anything the switch has exposed the faults in gamefreaks development teams that previously could be hidden away or worked around using 2d graphics.

Ifs kind of crazy how small routes in the old game feel so expansive and big compared to the glorified skyboxes with nothing to do in the new 3d games.

I think pokemon is too big to fail and i think the series has too many passionate fans to be stuck in this rut forever but i think its clear people like masuda and the old blood at gamefreak have lost the magic and the drive for this series and probably feel stuck as everything else gamefreak has released thats not pokemon has either failed or been mediocre (that elephant game, the.. horse solitaire game... that rpg that flopped recently)

What the series needs is for people who love pokemon and genuinly have a passion (and development skill) to really take over the series. Just look at some of the rom hacks to see that clearly there are untapped ideas that an actual development team could seize and utilize.

The only team that still seems to be passionate about the series is the creature designers.

I love love love a lot of the new pokemon. Grimsnarl, drakloak, toxicithe applin line being a "wyrm" in an apple corviknight

Great pokemon in a bad game. Also it seems as though what little care they had for the world and story are nonexistent.

What the hell even is the storyline of sword and shield? Team yell are the worst most nonexistent evil team ever. Theyre like a dumbed down team skull without anyone like guzma or anything to redeem their non relevency.

I miss team rocket and rivals like silver

Im hoping the dlc is better but my expectations are low
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not much hope for a franchise whole sole developer is Game Freak. It is clear that they can't do good games anymore.

Yet, SwSh broke sales records, just because it is on the Switch. GF has now the numerical proof they don't even need to try to succeed, so I don't see Pokémon becoming good anytime soon.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-05-31 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been confirmed that the next bit of Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass news will be revealed on Tuesday June 2nd at 13:00 UTC/14:00 BST/15:00 CEST/09:00 EDT/06:00 PDT/22:00 JST. It is currently unclear what topics this presentation will include but we'll provide full coverage as it happens for be sure to keep checking back

Let me guess, they will show same shit as in trailer a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Let me guess, they will show same shit as in trailer a while back.
    With how bad their "big news" announcements have been, wouldn't doubt it.

I lost interest as soon as they took out pokemon from the pokedex. They have the capacity to have a full dex with Zero limitations, yet didn't. Now they are adding a lot back in during these passes. Their only hope is that the next game has a full dex and it gets better.

The isles are lame. I mean, the wild area was broken from nearly the start. I have no idea if they fixed it or not, but I could never find people. Made doing raid battles hard. Especially when the raid battles would throw in random trainers using a pokemon that was way weak to the enemy.

I know the game broke sales records, but I think they'll get a real feel for how many people buy the season pass. I doubt it'll be that many at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I lost interest as soon as they took out pokemon from the pokedex. They have the capacity to have a full dex with Zero limitations, yet didn't. Now they are adding a lot back in during these passes. Their only hope is that the next game has a full dex and it gets better.
    They have seen that they can get away with selling us games with cut PokéDex and then selling the Pokémon back to us in a DLC. You think they won't do that again?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They have seen that they can get away with selling us games with cut PokéDex and then selling the Pokémon back to us in a DLC. You think they won't do that again?
    At least it is DLC this time and not what they did in Generation III.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    ZZZZZZZZ:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    ZZZZZZZZ:

I was expecting more. It was cool we now know what Galarian Slowbro looks like and it's typing is confirmed (heavily hinted at prior though).

Galarian Slowbro: Psychic/Poison
    Galarian Articuno: Psychic/Flying
    Galarian Zapdos: Fighting/Flying
    Galarian Moltres: Dark/Flying

And the new Regis names have been released. They are Electric (Duh) and Dragon (duh? Some people thought it was going to be Dark though).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I will never understand why people call caves "dungeons" in pokemon. Dungeon implies some sort of puzzle, a boss, difficulty, etc.

Caves are literally just routes with floors and pokemon that show up everywhere. The difficulty doesn't change, there's no special mechanic, they are only done once.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I will never understand why people call caves "dungeons" in pokemon. Dungeon implies some sort of puzzle, a boss, difficulty, etc.

Caves are literally just routes with floors and pokemon that show up everywhere. The difficulty doesn't change, there's no special mechanic, they are only done once.
    A lot of caves do have puzzles so there is that. And it is most likely just do to the trope in RPGs that caves are "dungeons". Pokemon is an RPG, it has caves, in other RPGs they are called dungeons.

I call them caves personally.

Also, just noting, Seaform island cave had a puzzle to get to the "boss" (Articuno) as did Victory Road in Gen I ... so some caves would fit your view of dungeon.
    –The Sith Code

lulz the fart kamehameha of regidragon xD

Regidrago and Galarian Zapdos have cool designs.

so whats better sword/shield oder colloseum/gale of darkness?