Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

  1. #13501
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Gen4 is the only generation I never finished. Mostly because it felt so slow and got bored after the 3rd badge
    Gen IV was definitely the slowest generation especially in DP where HP drained terribly slowly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    Nice, I like this color scheme and Zoroark's design vs the older design. Kitsune all day.
    If the rumor of new Starter forms isn't true, my starter is going to to Oshawott because of Zorua and Growlithe.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  2. #13502
    Why is johto series so long just to see him lose against a no name? too many filler episodes btw

  3. #13503
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,853
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Why is johto series so long just to see him lose against a no name? too many filler episodes btw
    Harrison's purpose in the Anime was to tease Hoenn and nothing else.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  4. #13504
    Mechagnome Indigenously Abled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Reservation (Thanks White People)
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Why is johto series so long just to see him lose against a no name? too many filler episodes btw
    I burned myself out in Johto last time I tried to marathon the series.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  5. #13505
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,644
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Why is johto series so long just to see him lose against a no name? too many filler episodes btw
    Because for every new generation main series games the anime has to last 2 to 3 years of constant weekly episodes so they have make lots of filler to space it out.

  6. #13506
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,015
    Hisuian Zorua looks good. Too bad there is no reason to use unevolved baby Pokemon in the mainline games.

    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Why is johto series so long just to see him lose against a no name? too many filler episodes btw
    The Johto anime wasn't planned. When the Pokemon anime was planned, the franchise was still in it's infancy hadn't yet become an absolute juggernaut, so only the first season was planned. By the time the first movie was coming up (which IIRC was originally going to be the definitive end to Ash's story), the anime series had been greenlit to continue, so the movie was rewritten and the Orange Islands filler arc was conjured up to stall for time as Gen 2 wasn't out yet. The lead writer of the first season was disappointed that the series would apparently be renewed infinitely (he really wanted that definitive ending) and quit. The GS ball was supposed to contain Celebi, but then it was decided that Celebi would appear in the 4th movie so the GS Ball was quietly forgotten.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Wheelchair Casino View Post
    I burned myself out in Johto last time I tried to marathon the series.
    I'm not sure why you would try binge watching any season except Indigo League and S&M. There are a few good episodes here and there after Indigo League but the overall quality of the anime went downhill.

  7. #13507
    Mechagnome Indigenously Abled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Reservation (Thanks White People)
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not sure why you would try binge watching any season except Indigo League and S&M. There are a few good episodes here and there after Indigo League but the overall quality of the anime went downhill.
    The overall quality of the anime started downhill, and never made it beyond mediocre at best.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem, it supports your inability to support your argument.

  8. #13508
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,130
    So, they 'restored' the footage from the other day:


    Love Zorua, not really sold yet on Zoroark. Looks too edgy with its mane swept to its side. Maybe its just the way that it's animated in the video.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  9. #13509
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, they 'restored' the footage from the other day:


    Love Zorua, not really sold yet on Zoroark. Looks too edgy with its mane swept to its side. Maybe its just the way that it's animated in the video.
    Hm... is the shadow @ 1:39 a recolored spirit tomb?

  10. #13510
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hm... is the shadow @ 1:39 a recolored spirit tomb?
    Zoroark's ability.

  11. #13511
    After not getting the code, I sent a support email. They replied saying thanks for my interest in the upcoming movie, gave me instructions on how to sign up for the newsletter that I was already signed up for, told me check my email boxes, and then said respond if none of that works. That took a bit over a week and the website for support says its experiencing very high volumes right now. Wish they could have gotten the act together this time. Already missed the code the last time it was out for Zarude. Hate not having that one single legendary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Interesting news to me at least. I replied to the original support ticket. The final suggestion is to just change emails for the newsletter in the future. However, the interesting parts is that they replied in a day vs the week+ the last time it took and they actually gave me the codes that I didn't get. Guess there is hope for the support team for pokemon yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  12. #13512
    The Hisuian zorua and zoruark live on as contemptuous spirits towards all living things... hmmz

  13. #13513
    Speaking of Hisuian variants, it makes you wonder if they will explore when or why these variants went extinct. For that matter, have they ever explained regional variants? I get that some species may by different depending on the region, but why? There are tons of areas in prior gens that could be compared to the region. For example, there are other tropical areas for an exeggutor to want to grow like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  14. #13514
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Speaking of Hisuian variants, it makes you wonder if they will explore when or why these variants went extinct. For that matter, have they ever explained regional variants? I get that some species may by different depending on the region, but why? There are tons of areas in prior gens that could be compared to the region. For example, there are other tropical areas for an exeggutor to want to grow like that.
    I'd imagine that not all regional forms are actually exclusive to one region. Alolan Exeggutor would be present in Hoenn, and Alolan Vulpix in Sinnoh or Unova, etc, and they would appear in those regions if we got a new a game set in those regions, much like how the Gen 2 remakes included Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 2 Pokemon like Honchkrow.

  15. #13515
    Scarab Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    4,853
    Apparently there are rumors floating around concerning more Hisuian forms.

    The starters fully evolved forms getting forms (Grass/Fighting, Fire/Ghost, and Water/Dark).
    That will we have an Ice/Rock Bergmite and Avalugg, a Dragon/Steel Goomy line, and Voltorb getting forms.

    However, there has been a lot of stuff with the "leaker" and it seems like we cannot be sure outside of anything right now.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  16. #13516
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Apparently there are rumors floating around concerning more Hisuian forms.

    The starters fully evolved forms getting forms (Grass/Fighting, Fire/Ghost, and Water/Dark).
    That will we have an Ice/Rock Bergmite and Avalugg, a Dragon/Steel Goomy line, and Voltorb getting forms.

    However, there has been a lot of stuff with the "leaker" and it seems like we cannot be sure outside of anything right now.
    New forms for the starters would be extremely cool, but IDK what a Hisuian Samurott would look like. It already looks like a samurai due to its bushy bustache. So... what? Do they change out his straight swords with katanas?

    Decidueye could be pretty easily tweaked and recolored to look like a ninja.

    A dragon/steel Goomy sounds like a living blob of molten lead. Or it could be Mercury as that is liquid at room temperature.

  17. #13517
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    A dragon/steel Goomy sounds like a living blob of molten lead. Or it could be Mercury as that is liquid at room temperature.
    I'm imagining Goomy with random bits and pieces of armour stuck in its goop which it adapts into its own armoured plating as it evolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  18. #13518
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,644
    There is the real armored snail that has iron scales on its body


  19. #13519
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    New forms for the starters would be extremely cool, but IDK what a Hisuian Samurott would look like. It already looks like a samurai due to its bushy bustache. So... what? Do they change out his straight swords with katanas?.
    Dunno, but the best alternative to a samurai seems to be a ronin?
    A leaner version, with the shell armor replaced by fur + a ronin hat.

    A fire/ghost Typlosion would be an anbu oni-mask-ed version of itself. The fire being replaced either by blue-fire or ashes.

    A grass/fighting Decidueye would be pretty much an owlbeast, i guess?

  20. #13520
    Must. Resist. Urge. To pre-order. Brilliant diamond...
    Somehow I want it and at the same time I don't...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •