Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    @Yunru completely agree on Scovillain. Its growing on me a bit but Xenoverse completely ruined any possible attempt by GF at designing a chilli pokemon, it even has a lil mustache like a villain or devil (I guess more devil due to the tail tip):
    Completely agree. GF has borked it with Scovilain... It would work as a middle evolution into something alike Scovile...
    but for some reason they considered it a good idea to give a middle stage to that Pawmi thing.

I guess next anime will have Ash again....i dont mind team rocket tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wtf is this ending credits song.
    You don't have Ed Sheeran write a song for and use Pokemon without using it somewhere in the game.

Honestly, I am fine with it. There are tons of games that use song in their credits. I mean the first Dragon Age has This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars in its credits. So, Celestial at least feels like a song that fits with the Pokemon world.

Also, they did announce that the song would be in Scarlet and Violet. So, it was pretty certain to be in the credits.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess next anime will have Ash again....i dont mind team rocket tho.
    It is just a teaser, but we will see.

Also, just because Team Rocket is in the new series doesn't mean Ash will be as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Completely agree. GF has borked it with Scovilain... It would work as a middle evolution into something alike Scovile...
    but for some reason they considered it a good idea to give a middle stage to that Pawmi thing.
    I don't hate Scovillian, but I do agree that it could be a middle stage.

Also, I don't get the Pawmi - Pawmo - Pawmot thing, especially given that you can get Pawmot a level after you get Pawmo.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I've been farming dittos to surprise trade people while egg farming running around Medali and the thing that bothers me the most out of the game is how Treasure Eatery juts out of the cobblestone area in the city.

I agree with the people that hate Scovillian. Spidops looks worse tho imo. Im not sure if its the arms/legs or what but it looks like it should be in a knockoff pokemon game made by 1 person.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Well damn. Putting a big part of my post in spoiler tags just in case. If you haven't cleared the Victory Road "quest" in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, then spoiler alert. Also gonna very slightly touch earlier generation story bits.

My first playthrough (not fully finished yet) on Scarlet was ruined by the goddamn music-is-4-second-loop with maybe 2 notes looping.

I'm someone who has played the games on and off since first generation, and the Elite Four and associated final battle was always the crowning triumphant moment for my rather casual exploration of the story. And first time ever, a Pokemon game hits me with a glitch that occurs by simply playing the game normally in an intended way.

And I was too flabbergasted to even consider restarting the game to not waste my first experience. Why? The game's story, so far after Victory Road (up to defeating all the Titans, and the subsequent preparation for the later part of that quest and fully completing the Operation Starfall), has been quite mediocre for me. No big plot twists (so far!), nothing specifically epic happened that could get a praise from me.

Then, reaching the part of the story that always was important to me, league and champion battle. I was curious why the E4 battle theme felt so minimal, but paid no heed, expecting something extraordinary to happen since I kinda wasn't impressed by the identities of the Elite Four, pretty much re-using characters already met, who were not really anything special. Okay, so I wiped the floor with the E4, proceeded to the final room. Big plot twist time? Nah, just La Primera as I guessed, the character wasn't really a major part of my journey (like Leon or whoever the Sword/Shield champion was, I skipped that generation), no surprise "Your rival is your final battle!" like Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon.

Then 2 pokemons in, I started thinking why the hell that battle theme was so silent and shit, but was still expecting something epic to happen, maybe for her last pokemon, to become a true final boss? Nope, lol. Ez gg. Felt really disappointed. Still wasn't 100% sure something was wrong with the game (was too dumb to just restart game just in case and load the save before the champion fight).

Then! I noticed that after beating La Primera, the victory theme was not grandiose, nor did she record my winning team to the Hall of Fame, so there MUST be something big coming, this surely was not it!

...Yeah. I googled, yep, music glitch made the most important experience for me in the entire story, utter wet sock in the face, and I had exhausted my first run (and thus mystery of the battles gone) experience. I didn't consider the rival battle at the school yard as part of the League btw.

I still have the "post-League" to do, but even something like searching the actual E4/Champion battle theme on Youtube already hit me with spoilers as a cherry on top for this miserable experience.

A single glitch (of all the bugs that apparently exist for the game) really shouldn't fuck me sideways with a rusty fork nor should it make me label the entire game as a failure. A single glitch should not make the masses take up their pitchforks and torches and spew anger at the developers.

But damn, a 34 year old man like me, got upset big time because of a Pokemon game.

My 2 pokecents.

Been following this game a bit. I enjoy pokemon but I really enjoy the collecting aspect most. That said, I tried the last ones and was going to give this one a shot. Seems it has a lot of bugs and issues. Some people are even reporting getting a refund for it. I just wonder how long it'll take before they patch the issues. Bit daunting to want to try a game that is almost assured to hit some form of bug or glitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Anyone who has Violet that is willing to trade aqua Tauros or Quaxly? I can't offer much yet but can breed Fuecoco or fire Tauros if you need either of those...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Been following this game a bit. I enjoy pokemon but I really enjoy the collecting aspect most. That said, I tried the last ones and was going to give this one a shot. Seems it has a lot of bugs and issues. Some people are even reporting getting a refund for it. I just wonder how long it'll take before they patch the issues. Bit daunting to want to try a game that is almost assured to hit some form of bug or glitch.
    I'd say test it out. It's buggy and the performance/graphic sucks but especially for collectors it's nice. Roaming herds on the plains or bunch of birdies at the edge of cities is nice touch and pokemons finally got the "just animals" sort of feeling. Sadly it's still GF who made the game so it feels half done but hey, it won't ever change. Still worth a shot, especially if you can get it discounted somewhere as opened/second hand or something

Legendary!
    So i just the game and oh boy.........

The starting room if you move camera to much ends in black screen (well not as crash, but just fucked up camera).

At least soft reseting starter is much faster now.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok interesting, you can find shiny roaming wild (yes i did catch it).
    yeah I found one in the wild, thought it was a gender colour variant so caught it and yeah boom, shiny

the graphics are not good, watching people walk funny from a distance is a thing. also the positioning during battle is sometimes weird, couple of times I'll exit the battle and literally be on the edge of a cliff.

story-wise it's actually really good, the best story by far in any Pokemon game. also really like that it's not linear at all; it's more exploration based. Hell, I missed a low level gym and went to the 2nd lowest as my first one because I didn't know. that sort of thing never happened in previous games
    Last edited by MrLachyG; Yesterday at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah I found one in the wild, thought it was a gender colour variant so caught it and yeah boom, shiny

the graphics are not good, watching people walk funny from a distance is a thing. also the positioning during battle is sometimes weird, couple of times I'll exit the battle and literally be on the edge of a cliff.

story-wise it's actually really good, the best story by far in any Pokemon game. also really like that it's not linear at all; it's more exploration based. Hell, I missed a low level gym and went to the 2nd lowest as my first one because I didn't know. that sort of thing never happened in previous games
    I'm guessing you went east out of Mesagoza instead of west? Understandable if so.
    I looked at the descriptions of the 2 gyms and they are both worded really similarly.

I've been rotating my team based on what my plans for an area is. I like to catch one of each species but the exp stacks up really quickly. I had 3 mons as I was looking for the first titan, lucked out having my Greavard leading as it could literally not hit him, as it's only moves were vice grip and rock smash.

Smogon has already banned 2 pokemon that I know of. I think they are looking at 4 more?
    Games have been out barely over a week. Do they normally act this quickly in new gens?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Smogon has already banned 2 pokemon that I know of. I think they are looking at 4 more?
    Games have been out barely over a week. Do they normally act this quickly in new gens?
    Yes. They always ban new shit fast because they changed the metagame from what they were used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yes. They always ban new shit fast because they changed the metagame from what they were used to.
    If anything, I'd expect Smogon to have to play Wackamole again this generation like they had to with Sun/Moon. It was very much a case of 'Oh, let's ban this one Pokemon because it's overbearing! Oh, shit, the only two Pokemon that countered the banned one are now EVERYWHERE and nothing can stop them! Oh shit, it happened again!?'

Not to say that somethings don't need to be banned in Pokemon, but I miss the days where things like having a dedicated Hazer on your team was normal to fight things like Baton Pass teams and kinda just... doesn't exist now because they're too eager with banning things and not letting a counter meta game grow.

Legendary!
    I'm guessing you went east out of Mesagoza instead of west? Understandable if so.
    I looked at the descriptions of the 2 gyms and they are both worded really similarly.

I've been rotating my team based on what my plans for an area is. I like to catch one of each species but the exp stacks up really quickly. I had 3 mons as I was looking for the first titan, lucked out having my Greavard leading as it could literally not hit him, as it's only moves were vice grip and rock smash.

dunno. I know Miraidon and Kiraidon (spelling) are fucking OP as fucking fuck in raids, guessing those two are the banned ones. the other 4 are probably the ruins legendaries. I just completed my dex tonight, thanks to trades. was just missing a few pain in the ass rare spawns.

dunno. I know Miraidon and Kiraidon (spelling) are fucking OP as fucking fuck in raids, guessing those two are the banned ones. the other 4 are probably the ruins legendaries. I just completed my dex tonight, thanks to trades. was just missing a few pain in the ass rare spawns.
    2 that I know of definitely are Palafin and Iron Bundle (Paradox Delibird).

2 more being considered (just looked it up) are Annihilape and Gholdengo.

Box legends always start on Übers and sometimes rarely drop to lower tiers.

Koraidon and Miraidon seem to warrant their spot on Übers.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with Annihilape? It's stats, but move pool and abilities look pretty mediocre, and why are they banning it?

Legendary!
    2 that I know of definitely are Palafin and Iron Bundle (Paradox Delibird).

what the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Box legends always start on Übers and sometimes rarely drop to lower tiers.

Koraidon and Miraidon seem to warrant their spot on Übers.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with Annihilape? It's stats, but move pool and abilities look pretty mediocre, and why are they banning it?
    Their reasonings are in here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/thread.../#post-9410426

And the post about Palafin and Iron Bundle: https://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...sv-ou.3711440/

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    I'd say test it out. It's buggy and the performance/graphic sucks but especially for collectors it's nice. Roaming herds on the plains or bunch of birdies at the edge of cities is nice touch and pokemons finally got the "just animals" sort of feeling. Sadly it's still GF who made the game so it feels half done but hey, it won't ever change. Still worth a shot, especially if you can get it discounted somewhere as opened/second hand or something
    So, for the collection aspect, its not that great since, well, the majority of pokemon cant be collected. I was trying to keep a full living pokedex. I also really don't want to play a buggy game. Let alone give them money for a buggy game if its not expected to ever be fixed. Thanks to it being a Nintendo game, the likelihood of getting one discounted is slim to none. Even for an opened version. Thats why I am gonna choose to wait until its fixed. And if its not, I just wont get it. No reason to give them money for a buggy or unfinished product. Just means the quality going forward will be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Anyone with Scarlet wanna get me a free shiny? Lol
    Wonder if it can be done with any other pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Anyone who has Violet that is willing to trade aqua Tauros or Quaxly? I can't offer much yet but can breed Fuecoco or fire Tauros if you need either of those...

- - - Updated - - -

I can give you a Tauros and Quaxly. I just need someone to party with to evolve my dolphin.