Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Wtf is with Brock head size.
    Terrible deformed artstyle. Huge step back from gen 7.

https://twitter.com/DogasusBackpack/...85189105463297

Anime Movie 22 is "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution." The logo shown off is just the logo for the original Mewtwo Strikes back, but with the English word Evolution tacked on.

- - - Updated - - -

http://sdnia.com/2018/07/12/you-can-...pikachu-eevee/

You will actually battle the legendary birds in Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu.

New trailers don't seem to be show casing much. To be expected, but I would love to see some shots of the elite four area to see if its like the original. or the badges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Anime Movie 22 is "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution." The logo shown off is just the logo for the original Mewtwo Strikes back, but with the English word Evolution tacked on.
    Man. Movie 21 isn't even out in most of the world yet, but already on that movie 22 hype in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

http://sdnia.com/2018/07/12/you-can-...pikachu-eevee/

You will actually battle the legendary birds in Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu.
    i hope its original mewtwo and not reboot mewtwo or x and y mewtwo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/statu...148382720?s=19

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu will be available for pre-download on starting on October 22nd and will require 4.68 GBs of space.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    What's the point with Eevee if it can't evolve? Eevee is literally the evolution pokémon, forcing it to never evolve is just insane.
    Just an another terrible decision for these bad games.

What's the point with Eevee if it can't evolve? Eevee is literally the evolution pokémon, forcing it to never evolve is just insane.
    Perhaps it's because my introduction to Pokemon was through Stadium's 1 and 2, but I'd personally love if unevolved Pokemon were viable for endgame and competitive. Ideally, I'd balance the system so that evolved Pokemon had stronger stats, but unevolved Pokemon would have access to more and better moves and abilities. Or maybe the other way around. Obviously impossible given that there are almost a thousand Pokemon to balance, unless we go back to Gen 5 and limit the Pokemon available to the current generation, which I wish they'd do again someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Perhaps it's because my introduction to Pokemon was through Stadium's 1 and 2, but I'd personally love if unevolved Pokemon were viable for endgame and competitive. Ideally, I'd balance the system so that evolved Pokemon had stronger stats, but unevolved Pokemon would have access to more and better moves and abilities. Or maybe the other way around. Obviously impossible given that there are almost a thousand Pokemon to balance, unless we go back to Gen 5 and limit the Pokemon available to the current generation, which I wish they'd do again someday.
    That goes against the whole point of the game. You are supposed to train and grow stonger, not stay in their base forms.

If you want to use NFEs, go to lower tiers or Little Cup.

I have nothing against involved Pokemon being viable if you want to use them, but forcing you to use an unevolved Pokemon against the will of the player, that's where I get mad. If i want to evolve my eevee, I should be able to.

TL;DR more player freedom is good, less freedom is bad.
    In this case, the solution is pretty easy; simply have all of Eevee's forms has the same base stat total (525 IIRC), the difference being the abilities and moves they have access to. If you want a normal Eevee, you keep normal Eeevee with the 525 base stat total and access to normal type moves. If you want a fire themed version, use a fire stone. You get Flareon with 525 base stat total, fire typing, and access to fire type moves, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still visit this topic? :P. On a more serious note, friendly reminder to check your pokebank sub before you lose all ur pokes

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    In this case, the solution is pretty easy; simply have all of Eevee's forms has the same base stat total (525 IIRC), the difference being the abilities and moves they have access to. If you want a normal Eevee, you keep normal Eeevee with the 525 base stat total and access to normal type moves. If you want a fire themed version, use a fire stone. You get Flareon with 525 base stat total, fire typing, and access to fire type moves, and so on.
    OR just give Eevee a normal type evolution via level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    People still visit this topic? :P. On a more serious note, friendly reminder to check your pokebank sub before you lose all ur pokes
    Mine are safely stored on a card. Rest in pokebank is trash.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

because these are remakes of yellow and in yellow you couldnt evolve pikachu. it would be unfair if pikachu couldnt evolve but eevee could.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

You should be able to evolve pikachu too, though. If GF doesn't want people to evolve their Pokemon they could add an Nov who locks your Pokemon away from evolving. Now that I think about it, that could be a pretty neat feature, actually.
    then you have the problem of one version having 1 evo and the other version having all the eeveelution.

i wish the part of the leak about gorochu and the normal eeveelution was true, that wouldve been cool. the new pokemon will probably end up being something dumb and worthless like some new mythical pokemon who will probably get real angry at mewtwo next year

10+ Year Old Account

Well i learned something new. Overworld pokemon spawning is weird and grass pixels are trash.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    What does this mean? Have they said that they are taking down pokebank?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    What does this mean? Have they said that they are taking down pokebank?
    There is supposedly a grace period after your subscription ends until your pokes are deleted. However, I've seen reports of people returning after a year and their mons still being there, so it's fairly long. Sadly no one knows for sure cause Nintendo...

The Let's Go games have requirements for every Gym.

What Pokemon do you think Need/Deserve a Male/Female evolution line?

Perfect examples are Primarina, Mawile and Goldeen. They have female-inspired designs, however a male counterpart is possible.

Undersea Mermen are also told in legends just as Mermaids are. Gardevior (another female design), gained more male-centric form, so Primarina can hold this same flexibility.

Goldeen clearly looks like a Queen fish, but can be male. Seaking is the reverse---it can be a female but it's name clearly has a male implication.

Just as Pikachu's male/female genders have slight variation, they could pull it off for Goldeen/Seaking far as differing the eyes, horn and maybe color tint. Same with Mawile, just to distinguish each gender in their lines.