Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Funny how people are getting so salty from this one stream when Sword and Shield have been terrible from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People who were expecting constant barrage of reveals are frankly stupid.
    Showing like 9 to 6 in 24 hours is not a constant barrage. Pretending that anyone who wanted more then 1 new pokemon in a 24 hour livestream wanted a "constant barrage" is just disengenious.
    Specially when 5 minute trailers have shown us 6 or 7 I'm still out in the woods right now so I can't spend my days going to YouTube but.

Wheezing, and all 3 Galarian zig line was shown all in one vid. And didn't we also get a new pokemon in there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Showing like 9 to 6 in 24 hours is not a constant barrage. Pretending that anyone who wanted more then 1 new pokemon in a 24 hour livestream wanted a "constant barrage" is just disengenious.
    Specially when 5 minute trailers have shown us 6 or 7 I'm still out in the woods right now so I can't spend my days going to YouTube but.

Wheezing, and all 3 Galarian zig line was shown all in one vid. And didn't we also get a new pokemon in there as well?
    Those were trailers. This was not a trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the new ash is a total reboot as by looking at images, he seems to be back in old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Seems like the new ash is a total reboot as by looking at images, he seems to be back in old content.
    It could be the Ash from the last two movies. The new series has the same logo as those.

- - - Updated - - -

So Kotaku made an report on Showdown.

We know how these go. Kotaku reports Nintendo fan thing, Nintendo nukes it.

RIP Showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It could be the Ash from the last two movies. The new series has the same logo as those.

- - - Updated - - -

So Kotaku made an report on Showdown.

We know how these go. Kotaku reports Nintendo fan thing, Nintendo nukes it.

RIP Showdown.
    with how popular and well known showdown is i feel like nintendo wouldve done that already, this isnt like some romhack out of the blue that suddenly got popular showdown has been one of the biggest things in the pokemon community for a while now. theres no way they didnt know about this before.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad news:
    Galarian pony is shield only.

- - - Updated - - -

Pastel Veil Prevents self and allies from being poisoned. Heals allies of poison

Type: Psychic-type
    Classification: Unique Horn Pokémon
    Height: 2'07"
    Weight: 52.9lbs
    Ability: Run Away / Pastel Veil
    Known Moves
    ?

Details:
    Galarian Form Ponyta was revealed within the Glimwood Tangle 24 hour livestream which ran on October 4th 2019. It was heavily teased throughout the stream before finally being shown.

Galarian Ponyta have been found in a certain forest of the Galar region since ancient times. It is said that they were exposed to the overflowing life energy of the forest over many generations, and this is why their appearance became unique in this region.
    Galarian Ponyta can absorb the life energy of the surrounding atmosphere and store it in its mane. It seems that Ponyta’s mane will become more colorful, and even emit a sparkling glow, if there is a lot of energy around.

Typing seems a bit off -- as it screams fairy to me.

psychic type? Everyone I know figured it was fairy type. I mean, just look at it. Even the description about it screams fairy.

ugly mane and colors

OG Ponyta >>>>>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Bad news:
    Galarian pony is shield only.

- - - Updated - - -

Pastel Veil Prevents self and allies from being poisoned. Heals allies of poison

Type: Psychic-type
    Classification: Unique Horn Pokémon
    Height: 2'07"
    Weight: 52.9lbs
    Ability: Run Away / Pastel Veil
    Known Moves
    ?

Details:
    Galarian Form Ponyta was revealed within the Glimwood Tangle 24 hour livestream which ran on October 4th 2019. It was heavily teased throughout the stream before finally being shown.

Galarian Ponyta have been found in a certain forest of the Galar region since ancient times. It is said that they were exposed to the overflowing life energy of the forest over many generations, and this is why their appearance became unique in this region.
    Galarian Ponyta can absorb the life energy of the surrounding atmosphere and store it in its mane. It seems that Ponyta’s mane will become more colorful, and even emit a sparkling glow, if there is a lot of energy around.

Typing seems a bit off -- as it screams fairy to me.
    I still fucking want it drip feed it into my veins

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    -snip-
    Man, I sure hope those remakes aren't plagued by the same problems as SwSh. At the very least, they better have a fully implemented Pokedex by then...

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Man, I sure hope those remakes aren't plagued by the same problems as SwSh. At the very least, they better have a fully implemented Pokedex by then...
    They will never again implement full PokéDex. They got to slip with it twice, so now they will be lazy forever.

Gen 1 and Gen 3 ? How is Gen 3 getting so much love? They got 1 Galarian form.
    Take a look at mega evolutions the majority were in gen 1 and 3.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Take a look at mega evolutions the majority were in gen 1 and 3.
    1. mega evolution is not in s/s
    2. thats cause we JUST got a gen 3 remake...

1. mega evolution is not in s/s
    2. thats cause we JUST got a gen 3 remake...
    I did not say megas were in this gen, my point was that gens 1 & 3 get the most attention out of all of them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I mean gen3 got many Megas, because OR/AS (gen3 remake) just happened to be in gen6 which is when Megas appeared ...

gen1 is just Kanto pandering

- - - Updated - - -

I hope D/P remakes drop dynamax and gigantamax entirely, but unfortunately wont happen

at most what I can hope is:
    - more mons added, so bigger dex than SwSh
    - nice and clean Dawn remake design

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I
    - more mons added, so bigger dex than SwSh
    Sinnoh PokeDex has 151 Pokémon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've decided that I'm going to give Sword a shot as basically my last chance for Pokemon. This is the first mainline console Pokemon game and as a fan I feel I should at least experience it. I also want to see how exp share plays out and see if they actually balanced the game around it or if it ruins the experience for me.

If I play Sword and dislike it and then I see news about the next gen and I can tell that they haven't made any improvements then I can safely abandon Pokemon without any regrets. Which is sad to say because I thought I'd be playing Pokemon until I was 40 or older, but if they are determined to remove features that I enjoy as a longtime fan then they don't deserve my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime doesnt seem to be using game characters: