Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm still waiting for official word on the highly elusive and rare Pikablu.

Been waiting since fifth grade.
    They were actually asked about Pikablu in the quick-fire interview. They said they knew nothing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They were actually asked about Pikablu in the quick-fire interview. They said they knew nothing about it.
    Well yeah, it was just a late 90's elementary school lunchroom and Yahoo! chatrooms rumor. lol Someone saw a picture of Marill in a magazine or on the internet and started speculating that Marill would be called Pikablu.

Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    Feraligatr ain’t getting any love here and it’s upsetting.
    Only ever used it in Pokemon Colosseum. Otherwise, my Gen 2 starter of choice is Chikorita/Meganium.

I guess my favorite starter by Generation:

• Gen 1: Blastoise
    • Gen 2: Meganium
    • Gen 3: Sceptile/Swampert (I love them equally)
    • Gen 4: Torterra
    • Gen 5: Emboar/Samurott (I love them equally)
    • Gen 6: Greninja
    • Gen 7: Decidueye
    • LGPE: Eevee
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-10-18 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Gen 5's Pokemon are pretty... okay I mean there are some good designs, there are some bad designs. That's to be expected. I think my issue with the Pokemon is that there is not a single starter that I actually like and when comparing Gen 1 to Gen 5 side by side I'd say Gen 1 definitely wins that contest. Also the weird pixelated art style they went with looked bad. The endgame was pretty decent though. I just didn't like Gen 5 because you were basically stuck with only the Gen 5 Pokemon and there really aren't many iconic Gen 5 Pokemon. The ones I do like, I like quite a bit but there are a lot that I actually hate. That being said Scrafty is amazing.
    Gen 5 desings tend to skew tiwards the extrenes of Anazibg and Terrible. It is either good or bad. Mediocre are minority.

Sword for me probably, although shame that Tyranitar is in Shield

Well if I were to get SwSh based off of which Pokemon it had, I'd go for Shield as it had Reuniclus, Goodra, Dratini, and Ponyta.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well if I were to get SwSh based off of which Pokemon it had, I'd go for Shield as it had Reuniclus, Goodra, Dratini, and Ponyta.
    Dratini is in the games?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Dratini is in the games?
    I meant Drampa.

I meant Drampa.
    Damn you for raising my hopes. :/

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    It's so weird that we're less than a month out from SwSh, and outside of checking this thread I don't even care about what's going on with SwSh. The lack of a complete dex hit so hard, and ruined every bit of possible excitement I could possibly have for this game. Hell by this point I'm normally chomping at the bit, my preorder has been in for months, I'm absorbing every new tidbit of information that I can dig up, and have a good idea for what my starter+3 main mons are gonna be for the journey. This time...nothing. No preorder, no excitement/intrigue, not even anger at this shit situation that GF has manifested for themselves. Just complete and total lack of caring for a series that I've enjoyed playing since I was 8. I'd say I'm heartbroken or disappointed, but I don't even think I have the capacity to even give those emotions towards this shit show.

I'm not saying I won't buy the game, but if I do it'll be one of those spur of the moment splurge purchases where I walked by it in Walmart and thought WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    It's so weird that we're less than a month out from SwSh, and outside of checking this thread I don't even care about what's going on with SwSh. The lack of a complete dex hit so hard, and ruined every bit of possible excitement I could possibly have for this game. Hell by this point I'm normally chomping at the bit, my preorder has been in for months, I'm absorbing every new tidbit of information that I can dig up, and have a good idea for what my starter+3 main mons are gonna be for the journey. This time...nothing. No preorder, no excitement/intrigue, not even anger at this shit situation that GF has manifested for themselves. Just complete and total lack of caring for a series that I've enjoyed playing since I was 8. I'd say I'm heartbroken or disappointed, but I don't even think I have the capacity to even give those emotions towards this shit show.

I'm not saying I won't buy the game, but if I do it'll be one of those spur of the moment splurge purchases where I walked by it in Walmart and thought WTF.
    Remember when Nintendo delayed games so that their customers would get a better product? I've been hoping that - after the immense backlash to the E3 Treehouse - Nintendo would intervene and tell GameFreak to stop slacking off. I was hoping we'd get good news down the line, but nope.

so in the anime Ash and Pikachu used a trainer-pokemon Kamehameha straight outta DBZ and KOd a Legendary

it was honestly epic af

the Ash-Pikachu battle bond is the one thing that never gets old

Remember when Nintendo delayed games so that their customers would get a better product? I've been hoping that - after the immense backlash to the E3 Treehouse - Nintendo would intervene and tell GameFreak to stop slacking off. I was hoping we'd get good news down the line, but nope.
    Nintendo doesn't have enough say in Pokémon to make that happen. They only own 3rd of it. The Pokémon Company will never allow delays for the games, because that would mess up their merchandising plans. And for some reason GF takes TPCi's side in this.

Pokemon will never be delayed because of the anime. I'm sure the merchandising could wait a bit longer, but the anime is what drives the release date. I don't think TPC wants to show too many reruns of the previous show. Though with this newest one, I don't see why they couldn't, as it looks like they will be going around the Pokemon world, starting with Kanto, and it's not like the new guy has any new pokemon other than what appears to be scorbunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Pokemon will never be delayed because of the anime. I'm sure the merchandising could wait a bit longer, but the anime is what drives the release date. I don't think TPC wants to show too many reruns of the previous show. Though with this newest one, I don't see why they couldn't, as it looks like they will be going around the Pokemon world, starting with Kanto, and it's not like the new guy has any new pokemon other than what appears to be scorbunny.
    It is not just the anime. They are printing gen 8 TCG and have already warehouses full of Wooloo plushies.

They need the games out in November so they can get all their crap into holiday markets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some more information has come out about Pokémon Sword & Shield from Japanese previews. While the previews reiterate the same information and footage we've seen, there is some new elements. For one, it confirms that there is a person in every Pokémon Center to change your Pokémon's nickname, delete moves and relearn moves without need for a Heart Scale. Second it has been confirmed that the smaller amount of reveals for Sword & Shield is in order to make sure players are surprised and can discover things when they play the game.

while this game certainly has issues, I do like some QoL changes :

- no HMs taking up move slots (although that was a gen 7 thing, right ?) .. I hated losing move slots and the whole concept of HM slaves
    - free move deleter/reminder right away in every pokemon center
    - portable PC like in LGPE

on the other hand - no way to turn off EXP share manually is stupid .. WHY would you not put that toggle in ? without it literally the only way to get all the EXP onto 1 mon is to have only that 1 mon in the party, having to remove/add the others constantly

i want to have my party full, but to be able to control the EXP flow in it without having to change it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    while this game certainly has issues, I do like some QoL changes :

- no HMs taking up move slots (although that was a gen 7 thing, right ?) .. I hated losing move slots and the whole concept of HM slaves
    - free move deleter/reminder right away in every pokemon center
    - portable PC like in LGPE

on the other hand - no way to turn off EXP share manually is stupid .. WHY would you not put that toggle in ? without it literally the only way to get all the EXP onto 1 mon is to have only that 1 mon in the party, having to remove/add the others constantly

i want to have my party full, but to be able to control the EXP flow in it without having to change it
    Same here. X and Y is way more fun when its off and more of a challange already without it.