Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    The main non-story-spoiler leak thread on Serebii has been locked. Not sure why, but I think the mods realized it was turning into a debate about GF/TPCi's business practices.

I wanna talk about the leaked pokemon, but I feel like the spoiler tags wont cut it. There are some that I am super stoked about, and some non-unique but rare type combinations that have spawned that stoked about too.

Also just realized: does Dyna/Gigamax work outside of the stadiums/Max Raid areas? If not, thats one helluva way to make sure it doesn't get over-used like Mega's to sweep normal battles.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

So all that remains is waiting for the metacritic score to roll in and see if they get away with it. Which I'm sure they will.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Yunru; 2019-11-06 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    The main non-story-spoiler leak thread on Serebii has been locked. Not sure why, but I think the mods realized it was turning into a debate about GF/TPCi's business practices.

I wanna talk about the leaked pokemon, but I feel like the spoiler tags wont cut it. There are some that I am super stoked about, and some non-unique but rare type combinations that have spawned that stoked about too.

Also just realized: does Dyna/Gigamax work outside of the stadiums/Max Raid areas? If not, thats one helluva way to make sure it doesn't get over-used like Mega's to sweep normal battles.
    Dynamax only works on stadiums in Galar.

Which also means the mechanic is already dead. It will never return after Sword and Shield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    So all that remains is waiting for the metacritic score to roll in and see if they get away with it. Which I'm sure they will.
    Shill score in 90s, user score below 2.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh i can finaly fix my shiny lopunny nature..................OH WAIT A SECOND...

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanroc View Post
    You forgot a big point, Well.

GF also neglected to tell their Japanese audience about the dex cut and they STILL haven't. Some of them got the news through American websites and sent a politely-worded letter (and I mean politely worded) containing their concerns. GF did not respond.

If it was for balance reasons and they said they were cutting a lot of Pokemon that ALWAYS show up in competitions, why not just ban those Pokemon altogether in the competitive scene instead of saying nobody can have them? A lot of the removed mons ARE the heavily overused Pokemon you see in teams ; Talonflame, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, Greninja, Scizor, and some of the more popular competitive Pokemon are not in. I get that balancing nearly 900 Pokemon is actually pretty difficult and maybe now we'll see some more varied teams, but removing 60% of the dex was not the way to do it. Could've even said "only Pokemon IN the Galar dex can be used in Competitions".

Also some of the omissions don't even make sense. Why is Lilipup not in? It's a fucking Yorkie and a Scottie dog, two breeds FROM the UK. Also Houndoom and Lycanroc aren't in, which are both missed opportunities. There are lots of legends about black dogs in the UK and Houndoom is a perfect fit, and an American Werewolf in London? C'mon. Some of these inclusions write themselves. Other confusing omissions are ; Murkrow and Misdreavus (for obvious reasons), Fletchling (why are there Fletchling weathervanes??? BUT NO FLETCHLING?), Taillow, Rattata, Sentret, Gogoat, SPHEAL, and Pidgey. I'm sure there's more absolutely bonkers omissions besides those, but those are the most confusing I could think of atm.
    The "balance" narrative is pure bullshit.

If they wanted to "balance" the initial player experience, they would do what they've always done: have the regional pokedex reflect what they wanted it to reflect.
    If they wanted to "balance" the competitive tiers for their championships, they would do what they've always done: have banlists and restrictions on certain pokemon that either way are not in many cases cases strong enough to be banned (Pokemon like Phione are always banned because GF & TPC are simply stupid).

There's no problem with such a concept as balance, especially since they've clearly in previous interviews stated that they do NOT care about balance. They've said so specifically. It's just a lame, simply untrue excuse added to the pile of their lies, sadly.

And I completely agree on the ommision part. They are just hopping all over, picking random shit. The more one looks at it, the more they get convinced that this is a marketing trick.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, not letting Japan know is simply sinister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a.....Fake:

People are realy trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Here is a.....Fake:

People are realy trying.
    Yeah, not really. That model quality is terrible. If anyone falls for that they must be really stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine still doing fakes when the entire pokedex (minus Mew and whatever this gen's mythical is) has already been leaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 1092: Ivysaur is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think So?
    Episode 1093: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Scorbunny!!
    Episode 1094: Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!!
    - Serebii

Looks like we wont have to wait long for Ash and Gō to go to Galar.

i love charizard and even i'm upset
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    lol that Typhlosion. But the no-fire makes sense. The Typhlosion line never had their fire always turned on in the anime. Heck, it was a pretty big plot point about Ash's Cyndaquil; it struggled with getting it's fire started, so it had to warm up until it's red spots generated flames.

10+ Year Old Account

Beware spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like nintendo is in a full force now taking down leaks. A lot of twitter posts are gone now and even the 100+ page on serbi vanished.

If anyone wants to get spoiled stats wise, this link still works:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1520243758
    No pictues there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

Beware spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like nintendo is in a full force now taking down leaks. A lot of twitter posts are gone now and even the 100+ page on serbi vanished.

If anyone wants to get spoiled stats wise, this link still works:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1520243758
    No pictues there.
    Good god that was not funny and dragged out for way too long. Too bad they don't make Pokemon diapers big enough to fit Jumblo's arse into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Good god that was not funny and dragged out for way too long. Too bad they don't make Pokemon diapers big enough to fit Jumblo's arse into.
    It was sarcazm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Agreed, bad video with nothing of substance to say.

So, apparently they canceled the SwSh opening event in Tokyo due to "operational reasons"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    So, apparently they canceled the SwSh opening event in Tokyo due to "operational reasons"...
    Yeah...the national dex issue.