Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Bag pipe music in the wild area though oooo

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the game is going to be a massive success. normal players arent rioting over the game, normal people are going to buy it and enjoy it. so 99% of players, critics, reviewers, etc. you are crazy if you truely think otherwise. millions upon millions of players will play, enjoy, and not complain about this game.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11...play-explained

trading seems pretty easy to me
    If link trade works exactly like gts, then its fine for that. Though i still wont be buying unless its discounted. So maybe black Friday or cyber Monday. With the state its in, it feels more like a beta game. I find it hard to get past the world freezing when on stairs, an item being needed to lower the volume and other things. Im sure a lot will enjoy it. I just hope it sees some impact so they revert some of the changes that are bad. Though, that rumor from a guy who has had good intel makes me hopeful.

I wanted to like this game and was going to possibly get it, but its still seems just lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I just hope it sees some impact so they revert some of the changes that are bad.
    The game sells absolute gangbusters because it is Pokémon.

No changes will ever be made.

10+ Year Old Account

Extremely disappointing that not all Pokemon are obtainable this time around. But whatever, their (Gamefreak/Nintendo/both?) loss. I dare say it also looks like they're running out of ideas for new ones. Eternatus just looks weird. What is it's real-world inspiration, if any at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Extremely disappointing that not all Pokemon are obtainable this time around. But whatever, their (Gamefreak/Nintendo/both?) loss. I dare say it also looks like they're running out of ideas for new ones. Eternatus just looks weird. What is it's real-world inspiration, if any at all?
    Reminds me of an Ultra Beasts. I like the Ultra Beasts; they are whacky designs compared to regular Pokemon, though I'd prefer for those whacky designs to be categorized as alien Pokemon like the Ultra Beasts, distinct from normal looking Pokemon we usually see on Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    In an interview with InsideGamer, director Shigeru Ohmori said that when Exp. Share was a thing, most players had it turned on. What about those who had it off?

“Those who have it turned off want to train one specific Pokemon. We thought: is there a way to achieve that? There is, simply by putting the rest of your Pokémon in the PC.”

How can the game director spew this stupidity.
    I use same kind of wording when i want to present bugs in my code as features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It keeps happening.

for the shiny whiny's earlier in the thread, Pokemon Sword/Shield's code guarantees that any pokemon too high level for you to catch cannot be shiny.
    Code for this is at .text +0xCDE560

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1194868752271101952

also from sw/sh reddit:
    We are getting reports there's an issue that's causing SD card corruption (of the whole card's data, not just SwSh-specific data) while playing Sword and Shield. Information is slowly becoming available, but the potential loss of data is a serious enough event that we wanted to make everyone aware of the information as it becomes available. At the time of this post, no official statement has been made acknowledging the issue by Nintendo, TPC, or any other officials. However numerous reports from players corroborate that there has been full data card corruption experienced by some users.

The reports so far indicate that:

this issue is specific to the eShop version
    the issue MAY be related to low-quality/counterfeit SD cards, which seems to be the cause of a similar issue that showed up in Smash Ultimate when Piranha Plant was released
    the issue MAY be related to SD cards formatted as exFAT, rather than FAT32/ntfs
    the issue is LIKELY related to autosave functionality combined with some other issues. Some sources are recommending disabling autosave while playing until we have more information

If you have any additional information to share, or you have an experience that suggests one of the above assumptions is incorrect, please let us know. We will do our best to update this post as more information becomes available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a flying shit about shinies. But I do care about a basic premise of all pokemon games of "catch anything you see" being limited by... :checks notes: ... levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't give a flying shit about shinies. But I do care about a basic premise of all pokemon games of "catch anything you see" being limited by... :checks notes: ... levels?
    guess you will just need to get over it lol it makes the wild zone functional

guess you will just need to get over it lol it makes the wild zone functional
    I would like to disagree. It doesn't make them functional. What they did before made it functional. Limiting what you could see via how you got there from unlocking HMs and badges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    It keeps happening.
    That is massive. Like, holy cow. I would be so mad if I lost my data. Especially on games im still working on. How can it mess up that badly.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I would like to disagree. It doesn't make them functional. What they did before made it functional. Limiting what you could see via how you got there from unlocking HMs and badges.
    that is your opinion, i think its way cooler to see high level pokemon around right from the start in wild area.

that is your opinion, i think its way cooler to see high level pokemon around right from the start in wild area.
    What would be the point in that? They would wipe out your entire team if they are too high. They could only be a few levels above yours so as to not just ruin your ability to get anywhere. So no matter what, you can beat them.

What would be the point in that? They would wipe out your entire team if they are too high. They could only be a few levels above yours so as to not just ruin your ability to get anywhere. So no matter what, you can beat them.
    like many on the forums are already speaking too, its exciting to see them. its fun to try and fight one. its like a real world where there arent only level 2-4 caterpie and weedles around. its fun seeing whats coming, a preview of the pokemon you might catch as you progress as a trainer.

some people can handle seeing candy but not taking it i guess, while others lose their minds. lmao

it would be like whining that you can come across a lynel early on in breath of the wild but not kill it. Same with wild guardians. it adds to the adventure.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-11-15 at 10:14 AM.

an item being needed to lower the volume
    Wait, what???

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Wait, what???
    Yes. Sound options are unlocked by a random item given by random NPC in a random town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    It keeps happening.
    And this is why i buy only physical when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    And this is why i buy only physical when possible.
    same, a similar thing happened with smash on the switch too when they released some content
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-11-15 at 10:45 AM.

I do remember a similar case happening with the good old playstation 1, where if you saved in a specific game it would wipe out your memory card. Fun time. Losing my 200 hours+ run of Twisted Metal 4 (and i somehow lost the disk since... loved that game!)