Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Are we now really argueing the semantics of "more than"?
    It's very unlikely going to be more than 110 an "expansion" (and i'm putting it into brackets cause they look like half-assed DLCs at best) leaving us at 274 missing pokemon at best.
    No, there is no source we could base this on; i'm just saying they are unlikely to blow our minds with what they actually release; cause that's how it works in real life.

Now then; one could argue alolan forms and non-galarian forms being missing to... then we end up above 300 again.
    One could argue that, but if you did you are wrong.

The game already has the Non-Galarian forms of pokemon with Galarian forms as well as the pokemon with Alolan forms programmed in ... this includes Kantonian Slowpoke.

And no, we have no idea what is counted in the over 100 returning ... it is all assumption, which is my point ... we don't know.

The following are assumptions that are being made:
    1) That these pokemon here: https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/transferonly.shtml
    Are all included as part of the over 100 returning in the respective DLCs. If these pokemon can be transferred in when Home arrives, then they likely aren't including as part of the "over 100 returning."
    2) That slowpoke counts as part of the over 100.

So we actually do not know what exactly the "realistic best" would be, or how unlikely the number is. They advertised DP as having over 100 new pokemon was 107. They didn't show much gameplay of the expansions, which to me means they are still being worked on. There are people counting Mew as one of the returning expansion pokemon which makes no sense as Mew was advertised to be in the base game before release.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-01-12 at 12:17 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    You're also forgetting smogon is mostly single battles. And yes, they are gungho about banning things really quickly.
    I used to follow smogon rules back in the black and white era. Whenever they started suspect testing things, I found many viable counters to said pokemon but, their biggest argument was nothing more than "I don't want to run that move/pokemon on my team."
    And, I started hating smogon with a passion, once a smogon player came to a vgc event, back in x/y, and tried to assault me with a chair for breaking smogon's sleep clause. I'd argue smogon only banned dynamaxing cause no-one wants to run counters to it.

No, I like many of the pokemon that aren't currently available. But, I'm not getting butthurt over it just cause I can't use them now. I'll keep them in pokebank and bring them out again, in the future. The people getting butthurt over this can also do that. It's not like they are losing out on anything, and they may even discover new pokemon they like playing this way. Allows them to try different things etc. Out of all the things to get butthurt over, the pokedex thing is the stupidest haha.
    You simply ignore whatever is being said, refuse to adress arguments and try to refute the problems by attacking others on the premise of them being "butthurt".

You do you. It's obvious that GF and Nintendo will never have any kind of problem.

Funny, I've been using switcheroo eject button + priority attack. Eject button on a dynamax mon will activate and send it back to the trainer.
    This strat doesn't work on dark types / while psychic terrain is up. but anything else, it will work on.
    Now pull that off in singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Now pull that off in singles.
    Why? I don't play singles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    You simply ignore whatever is being said, refuse to adress arguments and try to refute the problems by attacking others on the premise of them being "butthurt".

You do you. It's obvious that GF and Nintendo will never have any kind of problem.
    The only arguments people are making about it is: Waaaah I can't use <insert favourite> currently, so this is a terrible gen.
    True blue pokemon fans are like: Oh wow, there are a lot of great new Pokemon for me to try out!
    If you make an argument that isn't like that, maybe I'll take the time to address it.

Then you can hardly complain about banning Dynamax from singles.

- - - Updated - - -

The only arguments people are making about it is: Waaaah I can't use <insert favourite> currently, so this is a terrible gen.
    True blue pokemon fans are like: Oh wow, there are a lot of great new Pokemon for me to try out!
    If you make an argument that isn't like that, maybe I'll take the time to address it.
    Debate yourself on the arguments you want to debate. You're not one to hold a discussion with and that has become clear.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

"You aren't a true pokemon fan if you don't agree with me!"
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda sad how much of a divide a decision like cutting parts of the dex can make. But people will always disagree on stuff.
    But we can all agree is adorable and a welcome addition to any pokédex

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    It's kinda sad how much of a divide a decision like cutting parts of the dex can make. But people will always disagree on stuff.
    No we cannot ... I hate Wooloo ... I hate how when we needed something stronger, Hop had to use Wooloo/Dubwool.
    Wooloo can die in a fire for all I care ... and I would roast marshmallows over it.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you hate Wooloo there was no hope for you to begin with

Mareep > Wooloo

fight me

on another note why does Greedent remind me of Peter Griffin?

Wooloo is love

I have a soft spot for my apple pie dragon

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if you hate Wooloo there was no hope for you to begin with
    It is a boring ass sheep. I don't get why people love it.

It's shiny was 100% predictable and boring too.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I have a soft spot for my apple pie dragon

It was on my team during my playtrough, but it's kinda weird; a defensive dragon ,the size of an apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is a boring ass sheep. I don't get why people love it.

It's shiny was 100% predictable and boring too.
    It's a route 1 normal type; did you expect an over-stylized complicated beast?
    I, on the other hand, dislike the complicated designs they throw on some pokemon.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-01-15 at 06:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm TemTem price is:
    $34.99 USD
    £27.99 GBP
    €30.99 EUR

https://twitter.com/PlayTemtem/statu...59783612080130

75 Creatures in early -- they will add 160. Still more than sword and shield.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It's a route 1 normal type; did you expect an over-stylized complicated beast?
    I, on the other hand, dislike the complicated designs they throw on some pokemon.
    Compared to a lot of the other route 1 normal types, it is the most boring.
    And just because something is Route 1 doesn't mean it can't have a good design.
    Staraptor is a Route 1 bird and it has one of the better designs. Rookidee and its evolutions are some of my favorite pokemon.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hm TemTem price is:
    $34.99 USD
    £27.99 GBP
    €30.99 EUR

https://twitter.com/PlayTemtem/statu...59783612080130

75 Creatures in early -- they will add 160. Still more than sword and shield.
    Brand new game compared to a game which is in its 8th generation of games... of course the brand new game will have more "new" creatures.
    Every new pokemon since gen 1 have had roughly 100 new pokemon, give or take.

But anyway... anyone that can trade a Scorbunny and Sobble? IVs/nature/moves don't matter since I just need them for dex completion.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That was a fun little animation. There's gonna be 7 in total, apparently a limited run.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Compared to a lot of the other route 1 normal types, it is the most boring.
    And just because something is Route 1 doesn't mean it can't have a good design.
    Staraptor is a Route 1 bird and it has one of the better designs. Rookidee and its evolutions are some of my favorite pokemon.
    Let's look at the usual Route 1 normal types:

1.) Rattata- a rat
    2.) Sentret- a ferret
    3.) Zigzagoon- a raccoon
    4.) Bidoof- a beaver
    5.) Patrat- a pack rat with it's evolution being a groundhog
    6.) Bunnelby- a rabbit
    7.) Yungoos- a mongoose
    8.) Skwovet- a squirrel
    9.) Wooloo- a sheep

"Compared to a lot of the other route 1 normal types, it is the most boring." when compared to a rat, a rabbit, and a squirrel the sheep is the most boring? Also you say a route 1 pokemon can have an interesting design but only list the flying types. There are almost no badly designed route 1 flying types.