Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    [

- - - Updated - - -

That was a fun little animation. There's gonna be 7 in total, apparently a limited run.
    More story than in a whole freaking game....

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That was a fun little animation. There's gonna be 7 in total, apparently a limited run.
    artstyle + animation reminds me of the first digimon movie

10+ Year Old Account

Go play this game and support these devs who are providing the monster training experience we've been wanting.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Let's look at the usual Route 1 normal types:

1.) Rattata- a rat
    2.) Sentret- a ferret
    3.) Zigzagoon- a raccoon
    4.) Bidoof- a beaver
    5.) Patrat- a pack rat with it's evolution being a groundhog
    6.) Bunnelby- a rabbit
    7.) Yungoos- a mongoose
    8.) Skwovet- a squirrel
    9.) Wooloo- a sheep

"Compared to a lot of the other route 1 normal types, it is the most boring." when compared to a rat, a rabbit, and a squirrel the sheep is the most boring? Also you say a route 1 pokemon can have an interesting design but only list the flying types. There are almost no badly designed route 1 flying types.
    How many purple rats do you see on a daily basis?
    Sentret is a cross between a sentry and a ferret/squirrel ... it is way better than a sheep that rolls.
    Zigzagoon isn't a racoon, it is a tanuki. So given you don't know that, how can I take your opinion on it?
    Bidoof evolves into a Normal/Water type which is interesting.
    Patrat has design elements from scouts and it's evolve form gets markings similar to safety vests.
    Bunnelby yes is a rabbit, but with design elements that work into isn't evolve form with is ground type and mixes in machine like elements.
    Yungoos has elements that work into it's evolved for which has bases on detectives
    Skwovet is yes a squirrel but isn't just simply a squirrel planted into the world.
    Wooloo is literally just a sheep that rolls because of its wool ... and it evolves into just a sheep who has patterns of a soccer/football ... which isn't uncommon for some sheep to have something similar too. It is literally a sheep in pokemon.

Also, you forgot the laziest one prior to Wooloo ... Lillipup ... just a dog.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Go play this game and support these devs who are providing the monster training experience we've been wanting.
    Wanna see how it runs on Switch, which means need to wait untill full release.

Now lets just hope they actually finish it during 2020 instead of being stuck in Early Access for a decade like so many others...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wanna see how it runs on Switch, which means need to wait untill full release.

Now lets just hope they actually finish it during 2020 instead of being stuck in Early Access for a decade like so many others...
    From what i read, its pretty much done. Its only missing some areas, mons and bugfixes. There was a stress test not that long ago, so servers should be fine when it comes out.

Oh and there is also one good change. NO FOCUS MISS -- all attacks hit. Its starmina based on attacks. (also no crits)
    So player skill matters and it wont get ruined by rng.
    Only thing people may dislike is limited breeding as temtem will be unable to make more eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    How many purple rats do you see on a daily basis?
    You make it sound like seeing a rat on daily basis is such a normal thing in the 1st place.
    Oh and guess what it evolves into? A brown rat!

Sentret is a cross between a sentry and a ferret/squirrel ... it is way better than a sheep that rolls.
    All it has going for it is that it can stand on it's tail.

Zigzagoon isn't a racoon, it is a tanuki. So given you don't know that, how can I take your opinion on it?
    Which makes so much difference; "it's not a racoon, it's a japanesse racoon dog!"
    Besides, the galarian version is based much more on a racoon.

Bidoof evolves into a Normal/Water type which is interesting.
    Which is nothing more than a game mechanic. It turns into a literal beaver.

Patrat has design elements from scouts and it's evolve form gets markings similar to safety vests.
    Bunnelby yes is a rabbit, but with design elements that work into isn't evolve form with is ground type and mixes in machine like elements.
    Yungoos has elements that work into it's evolved for which has bases on detectives
    [/QUOTE]
    Albeit both are pretty ugly; i give you this one. It does indeed have something special about it, but in no way is any of them much better than a sheep-football.

Skwovet is yes a squirrel but isn't just simply a squirrel planted into the world.
    So what else than a fat squirrel is it?

Wooloo is literally just a sheep that rolls because of its wool ... and it evolves into just a sheep who has patterns of a soccer/football ... which isn't uncommon for some sheep to have something similar too. It is literally a sheep in pokemon.
    So what's wrong with it being "just a sheep pokemon"?
    It's not like we have any fully evolved sheep before; considering what happens with mareep.

Also, you forgot the laziest one prior to Wooloo ... Lillipup ... just a dog.
    Lazy, but probably one of the more popular ones. He probably didn't forget it, it's just not listed cause it doesn't fill the same role and doesn't evolve like the rest of R1-low tier-mons.

Then you can hardly complain about banning Dynamax from singles.
    Dynamax is only banned in smogon singles, in official rules, dynamax is still fine; and smogon is trash anyway.
    Grimmsnarl has the potential to pull off that combo in singles as well: He learns trick, reasonably bulky, and learns a priority attack move.
    Also, your original statement was, dynamax can't be countered by anything other than dynamaxing yourself - you never specified battle type.
    I gave an example to prove that wrong. Then you brought in battle type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Debate yourself on the arguments you want to debate. You're not one to hold a discussion with and that has become clear.
    You didn't even make any worthwhile arguments to debate, so I guess you aren't either.

- - - Updated - - -

"You aren't a true pokemon fan if you don't agree with me!"
    While I do disagree with that statement, everything argument I've read about hating the smaller pokedex has felt stupid. And I've kind of moved over to that line of thinking after seeing terrible reasoning about it too much haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    Dynamax is only banned in smogon singles, in official rules, dynamax is still fine; and smogon is trash anyway.
    Grimmsnarl has the potential to pull off that combo in singles as well: He learns trick, reasonably bulky, and learns a priority attack move.
    Also, your original statement was, dynamax can't be countered by anything other than dynamaxing yourself - you never specified battle type.
    I gave an example to prove that wrong. Then you brought in battle type.
    Two turns is already too late. The Dynamax has ballooned out of control with buffs at that point.

Denyinh works only if you phase it out right away before they attack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    You make it sound like seeing a rat on daily basis is such a normal thing in the 1st place.
    Oh and guess what it evolves into? A brown rat!

All it has going for it is that it can stand on it's tail.

Which makes so much difference; "it's not a racoon, it's a japanesse racoon dog!"
    Besides, the galarian version is based much more on a racoon.

Which is nothing more than a game mechanic. It turns into a literal beaver.

Albeit both are pretty ugly; i give you this one. It does indeed have something special about it, but in no way is any of them much better than a sheep-football.

So what else than a fat squirrel is it?

So what's wrong with it being "just a sheep pokemon"?
    It's not like we have any fully evolved sheep before; considering what happens with mareep.

Lazy, but probably one of the more popular ones. He probably didn't forget it, it's just not listed cause it doesn't fill the same role and doesn't evolve like the rest of R1-low tier-mons.
    The only difference between Lillipup and the rest is that it evolves twice. But, that opens the door for me to say "Wooloo doesn't count as a Route 1 normal type because Skwovet fills that role." Which then just makes it boring ass dex fill as opposed to role fill.

Also, nothing discounted anything I stated about the others and some are verging on point blank wrong.

Mareep's evolution are still sheep, btw ... it loses it wool due to the electrical current and become bipedal.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The only difference between Lillipup and the rest is that it evolves twice. But, that opens the door for me to say "Wooloo doesn't count as a Route 1 normal type because Skwovet fills that role." Which then just makes it boring ass dex fill as opposed to role fill.
    Wooloo's function is to sell plushies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorp View Post
    While I do disagree with that statement, everything argument I've read about hating the smaller pokedex has felt stupid. And I've kind of moved over to that line of thinking after seeing terrible reasoning about it too much haha.
    For me, it hurts replayability of the generation by limiting the dex ... I know that doesn't "make sense" because we have over 400 pokemon. So, we can get pretty much all but 1 pokemon in the game (as you can get version exclusive via max raids). The only exclusive/trade is the other box legendary. There are 400 pokemon, but they aren't all fully evolved.

I remember transferring in a Turtwig egg and a Shinx egg to play through HeartGold and replace my starter and first pokemon. I played through Hoenn with a Bulbasaur.

Now of course replayability is also hurt by how meh the story of SwSh is compared to prior gens.

- - - Updated - - -

Which doesn't matter as Pokemon sells plushies anyway ... there are tons of them. There is little to no reason to design a pokemon for that purpose when pokemon do that anyway.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    And it looks to be a very bad quality:
    https://www.pokemoncenter.com/wooloo...D-in-701-05305

Which doesn't matter as Pokemon sells plushies anyway ... there are tons of them. There is little to no reason to design a pokemon for that purpose when pokemon do that anyway.
    But Wooloo has loterally no other use. Its stats and movepool is utter shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    But Wooloo has loterally no other use. Its stats and movepool is utter shit.
    Dubwool does have some walling potential at 72/100/90 defensive stats ... but it doesn't have recovery outside of Rest/Leftovers.
    And the ability Fluffy as it gains a weakness to fire in addition to resistance physical moves other than fire and fighting type (which do normal damage).

But, it doesn't get decent coverage as it's attack is 80 and Special Att is 60, so you aren't using special attack.

So, you get Body Press, Zen Headbutt, Bounce, Payback and Wild Charge as physical non-normal moves. But, Body Press uses defense for the damage calc rather than attack.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Temtem is out guys. Trying it now and will give a quick review after.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Temtem is out guys. Trying it now and will give a quick review after.
    It is a launch of an online game. Servers are currently under manual DDoS while thousands of people are trying to play. Might be bit rocky right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a launch of an online game. Servers are currently under manual DDoS while thousands of people are trying to play. Might be bit rocky right now.
    Yeh it is... barely catched one temtem....(and all good names were already taken XD)

Compared to pokemon this game runs smooth as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Yeh it is... barely catched one temtem....(and all good names were already taken XD)
    [IMG]-snip-[/IMG]

Compared to pokemon this game runs smooth as heck.
    And it looks great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    And it looks great!
    ..........and i have a bad habbit checking every bin due to pokemon: