Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly? No. Its not a good showing for the first on the system. Poor graphics compared to what the system can handle. Cut features and barley functioning online system.

I really don't think we will see anymore large leap in sales. Not for awhile. Any game after this that includes all of the pokemon + improved gameplay and graphics will probably destroy sword and shield in sales anyway.
    hopefully they never include all the pokemon. Dexit is one of the best parts of sw/sh. Its an amazing showing actually, considering how many less switch owners there are, increased cost of the game, and negative press, they game is blowing away 95% of all previous pokemons. pretty awesome! also the online system works perfectly for me, might be a user error if you are having issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    hopefully they never include all the pokemon. Dexit is one of the best parts of sw/sh. Its an amazing showing actually, considering how many less switch owners there are, increased cost of the game, and negative press, they game is blowing away 95% of all previous pokemons. pretty awesome! also the online system works perfectly for me, might be a user error if you are having issues.
    They are just turning negativity into free advertising. Its a marketing tactic.

And no online sucks by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    They are just turning negativity into free advertising. Its a marketing tactic.

And no online sucks by design.
    its smart, and honestly, the negative press certainly has not stalled sales. its a crazy high adoption rate for switch owners. online works perfectly for myself and my friends. no issues finding groups, joining groups, or making groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    its smart, and honestly, the negative press certainly has not stalled sales. its a crazy high adoption rate for switch owners. online works perfectly for myself and my friends. no issues finding groups, joining groups, or making groups.
    Then you are some sort of magical fucking minority.

The stamp system is worst piece of shit they have ever conceived. None of the raid stamps never have spots left, or exist at all when trying to join them. And this is immideadetly right after the refresh too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then you are some sort of magical fucking minority.

The stamp system is worst piece of shit they have ever conceived. None of the raid stamps never have spots left, or exist at all when trying to join them. And this is immideadetly right after the refresh too.
    weird, i spent about a month solo chain raiding non stop. never had issues joining groups. they do fill up fast, but with so many, its no prob. i do agree though, the lag on a full groups stamp going away, is too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    weird, i spent about a month solo chain raiding non stop. never had issues joining groups. they do fill up fast, but with so many, its no prob. i do agree though, the lag on a full groups stamp going away, is too long.
    This is probaly because a lot of people gave up. And also nintendo is scaring people with perma ban from abusing a game glitch that lets you go online and then switch date for dens.

This is probaly because a lot of people gave up. And also nintendo is scaring people with perma ban from abusing a game glitch that lets you go online and then switch date for dens.
    really i have not heard of people getting banned for that nor can i find any actual evidence. also saying people are giving up is just baseless, there is no evidence to the amount of daily players. obviously less than week 1, but i think its still super high. ive noticed no down tick in groups or players.

10+ Year Old Account
    really i have not heard of people getting banned for that nor can i find any actual evidence. also saying people are giving up is just baseless, there is no evidence to the amount of daily players. obviously less than week 1, but i think its still super high. ive noticed no down tick in groups or players.

snip
    that video does not support your claim. none of that is banning for the time glitch, its specifically banning for what is essentially boosting in pvp (this can be used for time glitch, but is not needed nor is it the prolific method). In addition no one has been banned to date for a time glitch. So i dont think anyone is even slightly worried about it.

also there is no mention in that video about perma bans what so ever, even mentioning that it would take a large number of rapid disconnects to face any type of punishments. (you only disconnect once for the time glitch)
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2020-01-31 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that video does not support your claim. none of that is banning for the time glitch, its specifically banning for what is essentially boosting in pvp (this can be used for time glitch, but is not needed nor is it the prolific method). In addition no one has been banned to date for a time glitch. So i dont think anyone is even slightly worried about it.

also there is no mention in that video about perma bans what so ever, even mentioning that it would take a large number of rapid disconnects to face any type of punishments. (you only disconnect once for the time glitch)
    Nintendo can do a massive banwave when they fell like it. It already happened:
    https://serebii.net/news/2017/26-January-2017.shtml
    https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/t...st-got-banned/

So history can repeat itself when needed.

No, the online system really sucks. And not including pokemon is Horrible. It harms no one for them to all be there and just gives more people a reason to be playing. I may have continued to play if I could work on a living pokedex or breeding. Not to mention how small the new group is and how little coverage they offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No, the online system really sucks. And not including pokemon is Horrible. It harms no one for them to all be there and just gives more people a reason to be playing. I may have continued to play if I could work on a living pokedex or breeding. Not to mention how small the new group is and how little coverage they offer.
    well, luckily, that is just your opinion. mine is, dexit is amazing, one of the best changes to pokemon ever, and hopefully here to stay. the good news is that the amazing sales numbers show them that it was not a mistake and did not hurt them!

10+ Year Old Account
    well, luckily, that is just your opinion. mine is, dexit is amazing, one of the best changes to pokemon ever, and hopefully here to stay. the good news is that the amazing sales numbers show them that it was not a mistake and did not hurt them!
    "I want to pay more for substantially less content!"

And then people wonder why games industry is such cesspool of shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Dexit is not amazing one bit. Not to us collectors that collected a lot over the years. And pokemon home is pretty much a prison if you put your pokemon that is not in the game there.
    Rip lopunny.

the problem with dexit is that they blatantly lied about it.

they said the purpose was to deliver better models, animations, and balance.

well point 1

theyre the exact same models from the 3ds games so this was a lie
    theyre the exact same animations from the 3ds games so this was a lie
    dynamaxing is a broken system and theyre re-adding most of the pokemon in and possibly in the next game or another pass the rest of them, so this too was a lie.

whether you support dexit or not it is a fact that gamefreak blatantly lied to their audience, whats more the fanbase in japan was kept in the dark, never even getting any official information about it they kept silent to avoid as much backlash as possible.

i think the vast majority of people upset about dexit aside from the diehard never pleased people would have been perfectly fine if gamefreak actually

A improved the graphics
    B simply said they would add in the pokemon later through updates

right now as it stands i fully believe the rumours that gamefreak had some sort of issue with importing the models due to sword and shield originally being for the 3ds and being quickly reworked for the switch.

i like sword and shield. i love a lot of the new pokemon, alot of the qol features and the added depth of player customization but they blatantly lied to their fanbase and there are plenty of faults worthy of being critical of.

the

- - - Updated - - -

you also have to remember, pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise OF ALL TIME.

literally no other franchise is as big as pokemon.

its bigger than mario, its bigger than spider-man, its bigger than batman, its bigger than fucking mickey mouse.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

On digimon notes (again):

looks like ending of 02 wasn't retconned but just ignored during tri

10+ Year Old Account

So much wow....NOT. I guess they will just spam event ones for next 2 years. (wich will be usless in new games anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gigantamax is useless already. Most of them are worse than the regular max moves.

It's same as WoW, rental powers are in. First it was Mega, that thankfully continued for a few games, then it was the ZzZ moves... gone.

And now we have Gmax, that's quite pointless, uninspired (they could have easily been mega'ss and continued same theme) and the worst part is you can't even breed pokemon with Gmax traits. So your perfectly hatched Charmander feels hopelessly inferior to one from a raid, that you have little real control of... not considering the glitches of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    It's same as WoW, rental powers are in. First it was Mega, that thankfully continued for a few games, then it was the ZzZ moves... gone.

And now we have Gmax, that's quite pointless, uninspired (they could have easily been mega'ss and continued same theme) and the worst part is you can't even breed pokemon with Gmax traits. So your perfectly hatched Charmander feels hopelessly inferior to one from a raid, that you have little real control of... not considering the glitches of course.
    Good thing regular charizard is better (not that non-mega charizard is particularly good in any case)