Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I've started up Insurgence again (not really compelled to get the Expansion Pass for SwSh just yet; like Jester Joe and Poppincaps mentioned above, I'll probably get it when Crown Tundra is closer to release as those seem far more story/ruins related which interests me greatly).

Whoever took control of Insurgence after Suzerain left has done a great job. They've updated the world a bit, while keeping the layouts the same as Suze had them. Updated textures, changed some route entrances/exits to feel more natural (The exit from Midna Town to the route which connects to the Lucario ruins, for example, has some fences and gardens around the connecting "door" to make it feel like you're exiting a town; whereas in past versions it was just a gap in some trees.).

Plus, there has been a pretty significant roster change so far on one of the important trainers (Orion's team is now Drought Vulpix, Charmeleon, Deerling, and Ivysaur; instead of Drought Vulpix, Fletchinder, Larvesta, and Ivysaur. It REALLY makes a difference, that Larvesta and Fletchinder were absolute PITA's to deal with.).

Refreshing, enjoying it so far.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I really hope the battle with your rival before getting kubfu isn't the final boss of the DLC...I literally one-shot all her pokemon. I mean, come on - 3 pokemon total? What a joke.

It really is insulting how easy these games are. Not that they've ever been hard but man, GF isn't even trying to give the illusion of difficulty by at least having 5+ pokemon for trainers and them being evolved. Even that would be a cakewalk because SE moves break this game and always have, but it would still be nice.

I will say that the new wild area is much, MUCH better than the previous one - lots to explore, many different environments, looks a bit nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I really hope the battle with your rival before getting kubfu isn't the final boss of the DLC...I literally one-shot all her pokemon. I mean, come on - 3 pokemon total? What a joke.

It really is insulting how easy these games are. Not that they've ever been hard but man, GF isn't even trying to give the illusion of difficulty by at least having 5+ pokemon for trainers and them being evolved. Even that would be a cakewalk because SE moves break this game and always have, but it would still be nice.

I will say that the new wild area is much, MUCH better than the previous one - lots to explore, many different environments, looks a bit nicer.
    Final boss is full team of 6 in the 70s. Actually lost few mons with my in game team (swapped Boltund for Urshifu for that one and lost some coverage)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    -video-
    yikes

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually meant something?

anyone using yuzu?
    tried it ~6 months ago but pokemon was so damn laggy... I couldn't play a few minutes without turning super saiyan

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Remember when the Nintendo Seal of Quality actually meant something?
    Ah yes. I, too, remember when the Nintendo Seal literally just meant that it is approved to work on Nintendo consoles and isn't a bootlegged game.

If anybody else is annoyed by the following pokemon and their lackluster animations/speed... talk to the pikachu looking girl in the kitchen of the dojo; she'll turn that part off for you.

And some leaks:
    So apparently the expansion pass's entire pokedex was leaked also...
    https://twitter.com/abcboy101/status...351234/photo/1

Long story short;
    They accidently left quite a lot of Crown tundra things within the game files.
    In an effort to hide future returning pokemon they deleted crown tundra pokedex entries instead of restoring them as empty entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Final boss is full team of 6 in the 70s. Actually lost few mons with my in game team (swapped Boltund for Urshifu for that one and lost some coverage)
    There's a hidden boss; once you spend enough watts ( north of 1mio) on your dojo, Honey will be available to battle. She runs a level 73-75 team.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-06-21 at 01:30 PM.

Soo about that level scaling... turns out it's a "IF ELSE" situation...

I played it trough with 2 characters;
    - the 1st one being my main with a full level 100 team
    the levels were; 60-62 for world spawns, 60-75 for trainers...

- the 2nd being a 6 badge character with level 50-ish team
    the levels were; 10-12 for world spawns, 10-25 for trainers...

Gamefreak's marketing really doesn't know what the word "scaling" stands for, do they?

the first one makes sense for endgame but the second one?
    the heck? worse than johto

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    the first one makes sense for endgame but the second one?
    the heck? worse than johto
    Johto was half that bad if you didn't just powerlevel 1-2 pokemon without caring about the rest.

I guess they just figured;
    Ok, either our players are gonna be doing this right away when they can or at the end of the story.
    The thing i question is; Why market it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    The thing i question is; Why market it?
    Gotta make the DLC look bigger than it actually is by padding out the list of "features".

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gotta make the DLC look bigger than it actually is by padding out the list of "features".
    From the looks of it the 2nd DLC is going to be more interesting;

Thus far we have the planned layout of the map;

* note: there's a big box which is almost empty on the bottom left; that could be a hint for the next DLC

Returning pokemon, which hint at it all being based around powerhouses;

The chapter titles of the final missions, which solidify above hints;

- The legendairy tree of the legendairy three
    - The sacred bons of sovereign and steed
    - The terrible titans... lurking locked away
    - They came from the ultra below

Zygarde and Musketeer transformation items, with ingame animations

A list of future new pokemon:
    #893: Zarude
    #894: Regieleki
    #895: Regidrago
    #896: "Hakuba"
    #897: "Kokuba"
    #898: Calyrex

896 and 897 seem to be fusion materials for Calyrex, who gets a "DNA splicers" type of item to fuse
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-06-23 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    So i am Expecting following announcements: tomorrow a new DLC for Pokemon Sword/Shield Pokemon, Diamant/Pearl Remakes and Pokemon Lets go Johto.
    I think everyone would be shocked if it wasnt one of those 3 things tbh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope it isn't Lets Go Johto. Soulsilver and Heartgold are my favorite games but they already got their remake. I'd rather revisit Sinnoh or preferably just go to the next gen of Pokemon (hopefully with them fixing Sw/Sh's issues).

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Really hope it isn't Lets Go Johto. Soulsilver and Heartgold are my favorite games but they already got their remake. I'd rather revisit Sinnoh or preferably just go to the next gen of Pokemon (hopefully with them fixing Sw/Sh's issues).
    what gamefreak needs to do is spend more time working on new generations of pokemon and use the remakes as filler years that way we can maintain yearly releases without new gens being completely half assed.

sword and shield had no reason to be as mediocre as they were considering we had 2 titles inbetween sun and moon and sw/sh

I fully believe the rumour that gamefreak never intended to put sword and shield on switch and their devs had a hard time porting it over because otherwise it makes the game look even worse.

if the release schedule goes like this

crown tundra 2020
    lets go johto 2021
    gen 4 remakes 2022
    gen 9 2023

thats 3 years for a dev team to do it right while another team just pumps out easy remakes

that's assuming they stick to a yearly schedule and we dont get the odd gap year like between platinum and hg/ss and x/y and oras and sun and moon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well they did open positions for 20+ people, so maybe, just maybe, they have figured out it's time for a change and are going to refresh their dev teams. Or not and those are for different project altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile shit, not suprised.

heroes of the storm in pokemon style
    yay

- - - Updated - - -

that's it?
    wow

Imagine living in 2020 and creating a moba in world where Dota2 and LoL have that market completely saturated.