Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Most likely these games won't connect to Sword and Shield and will have less Pokemon than SwSh.
    Well, given it is said to be a faithful remake ... duh.

If the rumors of Mega Evolution returning, it appears that we could have every Gen I to IV pokemon in the game (as Mega Evolution from Gen V and VI total only 2 pokemon.) We may ever get select pokemon from later gens (Sylveon, the new Regis, and possibly the Galarian Form evolutions).

We really know very little about these remakes right now outside the statement they are a faithful remake AND they appear to have the extended dex from Platinum at the very least.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

If the rumors of Mega Evolution returning, it appears that we could have every Gen I to IV pokemon in the game (as Mega Evolution from Gen V and VI total only 2 pokemon.) We may ever get select pokemon from later gens (Sylveon, the new Regis, and possibly the Galarian Form evolutions).

We really know very little about these remakes right now outside the statement they are a faithful remake AND they appear to have the extended dex from Platinum at the very least.
    Mega Evolution is dead. It won't return before XY remakes.

Why would a faithful remake have a feature from a game 7 years later that isn't even a current feature in the series?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Why would a faithful remake have a feature from a game 7 years later that isn't even a current feature in the series?
    Fans want Mega Evolution back. And outside of 2 Megas, all others are Gen I to IV.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignoring that Megas are in Pokemon Go and Pokemon Master.
    Ignoring that Mega Evolution has appeared in the Pokemon Journeys anime.
    Ignoring GameFreak never said anything of the sort that Mega Evolution is dead.
    Ignoring that product for the remakes include a figure for Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X.

Yes, Mega Evolution is dead.

Listen I get it ... you hate Pokemon. But calling Mega Evolution "dead" is as dumb as claiming that BDSP will only have the 151 Sinnoh Dex pokemon ignoring that the Trailer had Porygon Z in it who wasn't in that dex. Or that a game needs to have a National Dex to have more pokemon than the regional dex despite Alola and Galar games having Pokemon not in their dex but available to use.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Fans* want Mega Evolution back. And outside of 2 Megas, all others are Gen I to IV.
    I'm a fan and I don't want Mega Evolution back, although I'd prefer it to Gigantamax. It just seems silly to expect or believe a rumour of Mega Evolution to return in a faithful remake of a game that didn't have Mega Evolutions.

Fans want Mega Evolution back. And outside of 2 Megas, all others are Gen I to IV.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignoring that Megas are in Pokemon Go and Pokemon Master.
    Ignoring that Mega Evolution has appeared in the Pokemon Journeys anime.
    Ignoring GameFreak never said anything of the sort that Mega Evolution is dead.
    Ignoring that product for the remakes include a figure for Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X.

Yes, Mega Evolution is dead.

Listen I get it ... you hate Pokemon. But calling Mega Evolution "dead" is as dumb as claiming that BDSP will only have the 151 Sinnoh Dex pokemon ignoring that the Trailer had Porygon Z in it who wasn't in that dex. Or that a game needs to have a National Dex to have more pokemon than the regional dex despite Alola and Galar games having Pokemon not in their dex but available to use.
    I FUCKING WANT MEGAS BACK.

But I know the mechanic is dead for main series. There will be new gimmick for gen 9 after they dump Dynamax into the same bin where they put Megas and Z-Moves.

7+ Year Old Account

But I know the mechanic is dead for main series. There will be new gimmick for gen 9 after they dump Dynamax into the same bin where they put Megas and Z-Moves.
    I don't believe you. I am willing to beat that you would be whining if as we near the release date if they reveal megas in the game ... you'll complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    I'm a fan and I don't want Mega Evolution back, although I'd prefer it to Gigantamax. It just seems silly to expect or believe a rumour of Mega Evolution to return in a faithful remake of a game that didn't have Mega Evolutions.
    The rumor is based on merch that is coming out around the time of the game. They have two slated Megas releases for 3rd to 4th quarter this year.

Merch has hinted at the games. Before Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee were announced, Eevee got a lot more merch announced. The rumor isn't made up from nothing, it is assuming that The Pokemon Company is predictable.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I agree. I haven't played without a starter so I don't know what happens when you try to go into an area that needs them (the Library, Volcano, etc.) but I'm guessing it forces you to go back to a PC to get it? I can see why it would be frustrating.
    They have conveniantly placed portable pokemon-centers at the entrance to all of these areas, making it less of a pain... but it still somewhat blows.

I long for its return. I refuse to transfer my team to any new generations until it does (among other reasons). I don't want to lose my beloved Mega Pokemon like Steelix or Altaria.

- - - Updated - - -

Fans want Mega Evolution back. And outside of 2 Megas, all others are Gen I to IV
    I'm very sad that Gen 5 only got ONE mega. ONE!

- - - Updated - - -

I can hardly remember Z-moves. Never used them, and the attacks themselves weren't very memorable.

Dynamax going away will be really sad, though, since people will - like me with megas - have invested hundreds of hours into trying to acquire the right Pokemon for breeding, breeding for the right natures and IVs and egg moves, spent dozens and dozens of hours EV training up their beloved Pokemon, and then winning so many ribbons for it... only to be told "nah, you can't use it in the next gen".

- - - Updated - - -

It's astounding that so much effort was poured into the designs for Mega and Dynamaxed Pokemon, designs that people fell in love with and spent hundreds of hours investing into... will be casually thrown away just like that. Literally throwing away Pokemon, the only difference is that they aren't officially numbered in the dex. When they threw away megas, they effectively threw away 50 Pokemon. When dynamax/gigantamax is thrown away, that will be at least another 30 thrown away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm very sad that Gen 5 only got ONE mega. ONE!
    And it is arguably among the worse Megas. Tanky megas can be useful ... but I don't know if Audino gets any self recovery other than rest.

I can hardly remember Z-moves. Never used them, and the attacks themselves weren't very memorable.
    Some were interesting, but they were just generic anime super move finishers. They kind of evolved into the Dynamax moves (minus Z-status moves) and the G-max moves. So, Z moves would be redundant in the Dynamax metagame because their role is kind of filled. And I only think Megas didn't return is that Game Freak had a harder time balancing Megas with Dynamax. Megas couldn't use Z-moves, but they could have made it so Megas can't Dynamax similar to Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus.

The one that sticks out to me is Mimikyu's unique fairy z-move ... Let's Snuggle Forever. Partially because I used a Mimikyu on my Ultra Sun playthrough.
    –The Sith Code

Hey pokenerds, I started back n the day on blue and red and watched the cartoon as a wee one, played up until ruby and saphire then kind of took a poke break, played shield on release ad I think its ok, nice to be 3d but has its own issues which i am sure have been talked to death, but I had a question.

Why in Galar or in the current new cycle of new pokemon some of the pokemon are so utterly acid trip coke snortingly freaky beyond comprehension? Like some of them are reallllly cool, and many look like they would fit in a real ecosystem, a weird ecosytsem, but one regardless, but like a big chunk say 30-40% are inomprehensible random shapes and such.

I am well aware 'back in my day' we had polygon etc, but this is a bit much, what a I missing?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Hey pokenerds, I started back n the day on blue and red and watched the cartoon as a wee one, played up until ruby and saphire then kind of took a poke break, played shield on release ad I think its ok, nice to be 3d but has its own issues which i am sure have been talked to death, but I had a question.

Why in Galar or in the current new cycle of new pokemon some of the pokemon are so utterly acid trip coke snortingly freaky beyond comprehension? Like some of them are reallllly cool, and many look like they would fit in a real ecosystem, a weird ecosytsem, but one regardless, but like a big chunk say 30-40% are inomprehensible random shapes and such.

I am well aware 'back in my day' we had polygon etc, but this is a bit much, what a I missing?
    Do you have a specific pokemon you are referring to?
    –The Sith Code

The only "weird" Pokemon I can think of are the 11 Ultra Beasts from Gen 8, which were explicitly designed to be "alien" creatures that didn't fit the usual Pokemon design style. Otherwise, everything else overall feels like it fits the same world.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're talking about Pokemon that don't look like animals, well, the series has always had quite a lot of that since gen 1. Magnemite and Magneton, Voltorb, and Electrode, Koffing and Wheezing, Muk and Grimer. Ditto.

Jynx is probably the weirdest, as she looks like a human being, more fitting for Yugioh or Digimon. I don't think there has been a human looking Pokemon since Jynx.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The only "weird" Pokemon I can think of are the 11 Ultra Beasts from Gen 8, which were explicitly designed to be "alien" creatures that didn't fit the usual Pokemon design style. Otherwise, everything else overall feels like it fits the same world.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're talking about Pokemon that don't look like animals, well, the series has always had quite a lot of that since gen 1. Magnemite and Magneton, Voltorb, and Electrode, Koffing and Wheezing, Muk and Grimer. Ditto.

Jynx is probably the weirdest, as she looks like a human being, more fitting for Yugioh or Digimon. I don't think there has been a human looking Pokemon since Jynx.
    If you consider Jynx human looking ... than Sawk and Throh should also fit that category.
    –The Sith Code

The TV in the trailer seems to indicate the story will have something to do with Dynamax energy;
    https://cdn.fanbyte.com/wp-content/u...arl.jpg?x52070

It could just be the distorsion world, but then again that doesn't show up until later in the story...
    much less so in the original DP stories where it's skipped.

If you consider Jynx human looking ... than Sawk and Throh should also fit that category.
    There is a human-like egg-groups... so it shouldn't be that weird.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ke_(Egg_Group)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Outside of Eternatus, who looks like somebody chewed and "passed" glass and then called it a dragon all designs in the galar-dex seem pretty straight-forward and understandable. Which one confuses you?
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2021-03-02 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    The TV in the trailer seems to indicate the story will have something to do with Dynamax energy;
    https://cdn.fanbyte.com/wp-content/u...arl.jpg?x52070

It could just be the distorsion world, but then again that doesn't show up until later in the story...
    much less so in the original DP stories where it's skipped.

There is a human-like egg-groups... so it shouldn't be that weird.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ke_(Egg_Group)

Outside of Eternatus, who looks like somebody chewed and "passed" glass and then called it a dragon all designs in the galar-dex seem pretty straight-forward and understandable. Which one confuses you?
    That has nothing to do with Dynamax. It is Mt Coronet and the clouds are related to Distortion world / Version mascot. It was there in the original, though the text spoke of seemingly unrelated Red Gyarados in Johto:

That has nothing to do with Dynamax. It is Mt Coronet and the clouds are related to Distortion world / Version mascot. It was there in the original, though the text spoke of seemingly unrelated Red Gyarados in Johto:

Thanks... i knew there was something like this, but when i went to check the TV it just said: "This is a new TV that mom bought"
    However this does kill my hype. If it's just a separate game that doesn't connect to the current generation in any way then i don't see a point in it.

You should be very careful and lower your tone when speaking to others in this forum and thread, specifically. The majority of the posters in this thread have a history with both this thread and the pokemon franchise for over a decade. Your quoting and jabs only make you seem like an apologist that is afraid of criticism of something they love.

Do not insult others and never try any cheap tricks to diminish their points. No one person with history here is looking kindly on what you've been doing and saying in this thread. @Lahis especially is a dedicated, avid and huge fan of the pokemon franchise as well as an artist.

Take care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    You should be very careful and lower your tone when speaking to others in this forum and thread, specifically. The majority of the posters in this thread have a history with both this thread and the pokemon franchise for over a decade. Your quoting and jabs only make you seem like an apologist that is afraid of criticism of something they love.

Do not insult others and never try any cheap tricks to diminish their points. No one person with history here is looking kindly on what you've been doing and saying in this thread. @Lahis especially is a dedicated, avid and huge fan of the pokemon franchise as well as an artist.

Take care.
    I speak to Lahis in the tone they choose to speak. You do not have a right to tell me to be better behaved than they choose to be. I have been a fan since Red and Blue ... hell, I was a fan before it even came to the United States. I do not care if someone is "an artist" that is irrelevant. Their argument is hateful, I am going to point it out as being so.

That does not make me an apologist, you hypocrite. "Watch your tone" as you do not care to do the same.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pokemon series has gone downhill and it is clear as day that they're just milking the fanbase because they can get away with it. Lahis along with myself and others don't really take kindly to this realization. I expect more from a series that is part of the most successful entertainment franchise of all time. Especially when fucking Temtem, an indie game from a team in Spain, is adding features that people have wanted from Pokemon for ages.

I can't tell if Game Freak is incapable of keeping up with the industry or if the Pokemon Company doesn't give them enough funding/time but Sword and Shield as a JRPG is pretty sad when you compare them to other games in the genre.

I say all this because I love Pokemon. Heart Gold/Soul Silver are my 2nd favorite games of all time. The first game I ever bought was Pokemon Red and I've played every main Pokemon game plus many of the spin offs. I am sure Lahis is in a very similar boat. We just expect better from a 25 year old franchise that makes the most money in the world.