Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Brilliant Diamond or Pink Gaem, which to preorder?
    As mentioned above, don't preorder. There is a decent change that this might be another ORAS fiasco where some positive changes were added, but also a lot of content was removed and there are bad game design decisions and poor balancing that makes the experience overall less enjoyable. If you can wait a few months, you will probably be able to find a used copy for half price or less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Brilliant Diamond or Pink Gaem, which to preorder?
    Whichever has the exclusives you'd rather team with on your way through the story.

Also, pre-ordering is fine.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

after the warcraft 3 remaster bullshit I'm never ever pre-order a game
    I'm here with yunru, just wait till it's out and the first reviews say if it's worth or not

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    As mentioned above, don't preorder. There is a decent change that this might be another ORAS fiasco where some positive changes were added, but also a lot of content was removed and there are bad game design decisions and poor balancing that makes the experience overall less enjoyable. If you can wait a few months, you will probably be able to find a used copy for half price or less.
    The only content "removed" in ORAS was the Game Corner (which would have set the PEGI rating too high for their liking and there hasn't been a functional Game Corner in a game since Gen IV) and the Battle Tower (which was replaced with the Battle Maison which is functionally the same thing).

So, functionally, the only content removed in ORAS from RS was the game corner. That's not really a "lot of content" removed.

The Battle Frontier does not really count as it was not in the original games, therefore can't really be called removed, but even giving you that you are talking about 4 facilities that do not exist in the game. I can't even with being as kind to you as possible (which would be comparing ORAS to Emerald rather than RS) say "a lot" of content was removed.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played ORAS, and I never played Gen 4 either so I don't really care what's added or removed. It'll be all new to me. Omega Ruby was my favorite for a bit. Now it's probably Ultra Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I only played ORAS, and I never played Gen 4 either so I don't really care what's added or removed. It'll be all new to me. Omega Ruby was my favorite for a bit. Now it's probably Ultra Moon.
    hpmework for you: play emerald and platinum
    :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    hpmework for you: play emerald and platinum
    :P
    Yep:

It is just felling like a waste spending 60 euros for a game that already exist and only has small visial update:
    https://twinfinite.net/wp-content/up...mond-Pearl.png

Oras remake at least had a new fly mehanic.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Oras remake at least had a new fly mehanic.
    I'm baffled that soaring didn't become a standard feature. You should have been able to soar across Alola and Galar on your flying/levitating Pokemon or choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm baffled that soaring didn't become a standard feature. You should have been able to soar across Alola and Galar on your flying/levitating Pokemon or choice.
    That would require game freak to make actual maps of the region instead of small narrow corridors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That would require game freak to make actual maps of the region instead of small narrow corridors.
    Ignoring you know that soaring was literally in a game with corridors and not an actual map.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Ignoring you know that soaring was literally in a game with corridors and not an actual map.
    I know. 3DS couldn't handle region sized open world anyways, so they had to make separate map for it.

After that they didn't want to bother with that extra work anymore, and over time even removed regular Fly animation in favour of black screen fade.

If they could make open world map, that problem would solve itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know. 3DS couldn't handle region sized open world anyways, so they had to make separate map for it.

After that they didn't want to bother with that extra work anymore, and over time even removed regular Fly animation in favour of black screen fade.

If they could make open world map, that problem would solve itself.
    ... over time?

SM and USUM showed the player summoning Charizard to fly off. It is literally only Sword and Shield where they removed the fly amination.

It is coming back in BDSP and we don't know about Legends having a fast travel system and how it will look. But, we have Hisuian Braviary soaring in the game.

Seriously, one set of games has a black screen fade. That's it.

I suppose you could argue that the 3DS games used a fly screen, but that honestly being silly because does it really matter when the prior gens had a bar go across the screen anyway that blocked a 3rd of the screen?

- - - Updated - - -

It appears that TMs in BDSP will return to single time use only (but there are ways to obtain more than one of at least some of them).

It personally doesn't bother me as I don't tend to use TMs in a playthrough that often.
    –The Sith Code

It appears that TMs in BDSP will return to single time use only (but there are ways to obtain more than one of at least some of them).

It personally doesn't bother me as I don't tend to use TMs in a playthrough that often.
    Oh, look, bass ackwards stupid changes just as expected.

"Can we disable global EXP Share and avoid overlevelling Cynthia by 20 levels?"

-"Oh course not, modern kids are stupid and might nor be able to turn it back on if they accidentally turned it off."

"Well I suppose that means other modern things like reusable TMs are in too?"

- "Of course not, this is a faithful remake after all!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, look, bass ackwards stupid changes just as expected.

"Can we disable global EXP Share and avoid overlevelling Cynthia by 20 levels?"

-"Oh course not, modern kids are stupid and might nor be able to turn it back on if they accidentally turned it off."

"Well I suppose that means other modern things like reusable TMs are in too?"

- "Of course not, this is a faithful remake after all!"
    The multiple use TMs was likely not done for the casual player, but the Competitive Player.

I am not saying it doesn't have use for the Casual player too, but Gamefreak with each generation has pushed to make it easier to have competitive pokemon. Gamefreak wants competitive pokemon to be a thing. And they want more people to get into it.

As BDSP isn't meant as the Competitive game, there is no reason to keep TMs multiple use.

I am not saying I agree with it, but it makes sense in that light.
    –The Sith Code

Anyone get the code yet? I signed up with a second email because my first one stopped receiving the emails at one point, but it doesn't appear that they are sending this one the codes for the new legendary either.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Anyone get the code yet? I signed up with a second email because my first one stopped receiving the emails at one point, but it doesn't appear that they are sending this one the codes for the new legendary either.
    For Dada Zarude? I got mine.
    Are you talking about the Shiny Dogs? The Shiny Dogs are not emailed codes in places.
    –The Sith Code

For Dada Zarude? I got mine.
    Are you talking about the Shiny Dogs? The Shiny Dogs are not emailed codes in places.
    The one dor Dada Zarude. I missed the last email code for him as well for the same reason. I just randomly stopped getting the emails despite being signed up. Kind of annoying.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Are you talking about the Shiny Dogs?
    so this counts nowadays as dogs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard

what did I miss in school?
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2021-10-14 at 06:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I am not talking about the Gerbils. (Note: That is an old joke).
    I am talking about the Zacian and Zamazenta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    The one dor Dada Zarude. I missed the last email code for him as well for the same reason. I just randomly stopped getting the emails despite being signed up. Kind of annoying.
    There was a code I never got once. So I understand the pain.
    –The Sith Code

There was a code I never got once. So I understand the pain.
    Did some digging around. Seems its actually not even a small issue. Its a pretty big one. Looked on reddit and there are complaints all over. Some people even tried to sign up with brand new accounts, and some used multiple accounts, and didn't get it. Seems there system just really sucks at distributing the event emails.