+14

Morning new person

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Knslyr, every time I see your name my brain goes through this progression... Knslyr, kin slayer, Lewis Therin, Wheel of Time, I should read those books again, that'll take an entire year ><
    Because from 7 to the point where Brandon Sanderson got involved they're awful?

I've never given up on a highly regarded fantasy series before and then I read about Egwene....

+15

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I've never given up on a highly regarded fantasy series before and then I read about Egwene....
    Eh, all the women end up pretty well done and Egwene has one of the best arcs. I loved how she really came into her own and she ended up being one of the best characters. 7-10 can be a bit of a slog though... but there are some interesting highlights as well.

+14

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, all the women end up pretty well done and Egwene has one of the best arcs. I loved how she really came into her own and she ended up being one of the best characters. 7-10 can be a bit of a slog though... but there are some interesting highlights as well.

+14
    Was a while ago I read it but my memory summarizes it to about:

Start of book: 10 pages on someone getting stabbed/some interesting encounter

200 pages of egwene/elayne/nynaeve discussing clothings and everyone being prudes about cleavages while they secretly want to be humped day in/out

5 pages of some random minion of darkness doing something evil.

200 more pages of bla bla

10 more pages of something slightly interesting

End of book.

Needless to say I also quit somewhere in and I have wanted to pick it up again but I just can't be bothered...

+ 12
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. But I hit the 7th book wall and I really can't justify in my mind sinking more money into buying the rest of the series when I honestly wish more than half of the characters would just die, Shai'tan wins and the wheel just stops its turning. Another sign is that I do not ever want to read through the books I've already read again. Re-readability is a big thing for me, and the thought of ever reading them again.... I just can't imagine it.

One day I'll be near a library and I might try finishing the series. But it is not that time yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post

200 pages of egwene/elayne/nynaeve discussing clothings and everyone being prudes about cleavages while they secretly want to be humped day in/out

End of book.

Needless to say I also quit somewhere in and I have wanted to pick it up again but I just can't be bothered...
    Actually that's a pretty good summary. But maybe replace the two sections of 200 pages with 400+ pages each.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

End of book.

Yeah. But I hit the 7th book wall and I really can't justify in my mind sinking more money into buying the rest of the series when I honestly wish more than half of the characters would just die, Shai'tan wins and the wheel just stops its turning. Another sign is that I do not ever want to read through the books I've already read again. Re-readability is a big thing for me, and the thought of ever reading them again.... I just can't imagine it.

One day I'll be near a library and I might try finishing the series. But it is not that time yet.
    Yea it's overall kind of sad because the story ends up really well done, but it is frustrating how horribly Robert Jorden wrote all the younger women. It's sort of funny, while also being really annoying. Was a bonus that this introduced me to Brandon Sanderson and because I liked how he wrote so much I read the Mistborn Trilogy which was also fantastic

+13

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, all the women end up pretty well done and Egwene has one of the best arcs. I loved how she really came into her own and she ended up being one of the best characters.
    Ended up eh? Because they started out kinda well written, but now... Urgh. Did it take Brandon Sanderson to get them back to being remotely likable? Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown. I'm glad they're strong women (though they do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Rand) but seriously. They all seem to hate men and get along with each other like two cats with their tails tied together.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it's overall kind of sad because the story ends up really well done, but it is frustrating how horribly Robert Jorden wrote all the younger women. It's sort of funny, while also being really annoying. Was a bonus that this introduced me to Brandon Sanderson and because I liked how he wrote so much I read the Mistborn Trilogy which was also fantastic
    I'm still to get the Mistborn trilogy, but I have gotten the two books (OK... 4...) of the Stormlight Archive series. And they are so astonishingly well written. Oh and I read Steelheart as well, and that was immensely enjoyable.

I'm still glad I read Steelheart first though. Good though it is, I fear it would have been a little bit of a let down after Words of Radiance.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2015-06-12 at 02:41 PM.

I still need to branch out and read more of Sanderson's things... but busy, and I have so many other things to read >< Been working my way through ALL the Sherlock Holmes stories currently.

You know... I wanna say they started being more likeable before Sanderson took over, but now I'm not sure. I know at what point for each of them they finally grew-up and weren't constantly acting like nit-wits (well Elyaan still honestly has her moments but she at least had Birgitte to rein her in) but I don't all remember what book each thing happened in; it all blends together ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the sig Doochess

Maybe I'll find time to read those books again. Maybe.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the sig Doochess

Maybe I'll find time to read those books again. Maybe.
    NP. Any time. ^_^

+13

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You should, dont want tan-lines now!
    I already do

I'm exhausted, apparently running in the sun makes you warm, who knew?