+14
    Don’t crush my dreams (ha!) like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

10+ Year Old Account
    +15

obvious answer is to become a mattress tester

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, or a nocturnal emissions collector.

+16

+17
    Or a professional sleep tester. Is that a thing? Can that be a thing? I’ll test sleep aids and see how well they work
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I worked almost all day today. Good news is that my yearly review, raise, and bonus discussion is only a few weeks away!

+18

+19

Wish my works preformance review and all that jazz actually did something. It's usually a quick talk and a small raise which is like mandatory in sweden

+20
    Not in sweden - but same. Just don’t screw up, pass go, collect your $ .15

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t you get a basic level of income and all that in Sweden, though?

In America, unless you’re lucky to have pushed into upper middle class it can be hard to make enough to pay rent.

+21

Oh yeah the baseline pay if fair, but doing well doesn't really give much more.

+22

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it. Can’t say it doesn’t feel good to see your income here jump. Even a 10% boost would be more than $1k a month more for me.

+23

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Got it. Can’t say it doesn’t feel good to see your income here jump. Even a 10% boost would be more than $1k a month more for me.

+23
    +25

damn. I’d have to get a 75% increase to get another 1k per month

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    damn. I’d have to get a 75% increase to get another 1k per month
    I can’t say I haven’t been lucky...and privileged.

+27

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Though, I think the IT field even in sweden might be similar to that in terms of wages.

Personally it's just semi demoralizing doing well at work and getting a similar increase as someone who isn't even putting close to the same amount of effort in to it, and as well as that way less quality work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Though, I think the IT field even in sweden might be similar to that in terms of wages.

Personally it's just semi demoralizing doing well at work and getting a similar increase as someone who isn't even putting close to the same amount of effort in to it, and as well as that way less quality work.
    Sounds like pay increases aren’t merit-based in Swedenland??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Kind-off ye
    That’s unfortunate. If I’m doing a great job, I would expect to see commensurate increases.

+30

+31

I agree but at the same time I'm fortunate enough to enjoy my job so it isn't that big of a deal to me