10+ Year Old Account
    That is creepy! Imagine wanting to talk to Comcast lol

Cycling is all that kept me sane this past year. Getting those miles every day, every week, was the only way to do it.

+12

10+ Year Old Account
    + 13

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    Good moive

+17
    Agreed.

+ 9

Man, I need to start exercising again. In college I was able to jog from my apartment to the campus without stopping. I am in considerably worse shape now.

10+ Year Old Account
    +11

I'm not necessarily overweight, but I'm definitely in bad shape. I can sit here and blame my age, but when I'm not working, I'm not moving. Well, except that I walk everywhere, but that doesn't do a whole lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 9

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 9

Man, I need to start exercising again. In college I was able to jog from my apartment to the campus without stopping. I am in considerably worse shape now.
    2016-2019 I was in great shape. 2020 covid ruined all of that
    2021 has been me trying to get back to that while also having a super hectic chaotic life

You can do it, I believe in you!

- - - Updated - - -

lets all get back into shape, except dars, he is already in great shape

+ 5

What sucks is I feel good doing it, and I feel good afterwards, but damn it's hard for me to start. Where do you find the initial motivation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 5

What sucks is I feel good doing it, and I feel good afterwards, but damn it's hard for me to start. Where do you find the initial motivation?
    Starting is always the most difficult part.

I just enjoy exercise so much that I always try to find time for some form of it. My GF sees a noticeable difference in my mood when I do and dont exercise. Just the anticipation of it makes me supper happy and energetic. Not sure what happened, but I never used to enjoy exercises like I have the past few years. I used to workout, but never enjoyed it like this.

It seems relaxing and exciting all at the same time. I love seeing the progress of my hard work and actually enjoy the planning of my meals and eating healthier too. I hate my busy stressful days because I tend to not eat as healthy then I feel terrible and lethargic. I love working hard towards my fitness goals and love seeing the results of my hard work.

I think Tough Mudder was kinda what started everything. For two or three years I had really wanted to start training and participate in one, but never did anything. Finally around 2015 I said screw it and got a gym membership and went with a co-worker. We would go at the same time but eventually his life got busier and then I wouldn't have anyone to workout with and wouldn't go. I got tired of trying to make schedules work and said screw it and started going by myself. It was nice because I didn't have to rely on anyone, and the only person holding myself back was me.

Motivation was still a struggle for a bit, but eventually I got "addicted" and would do 3 hour sessions like four days a week. I was over-training so I cut the hours back and started going 6 days a week. 2018 rolls around and I do my first Tough Mudder. I had trained for the 12 mile course that I was going to do with my best friends dad. We managed to convince my best friend and his brother so we only did the 5k and it was absolutely amazing.

2015 was also the year I quit my job in IT/computer repair and went back to school to get into a Physical Therapist Assistant program. I gained a huge interest for sports medicine/science around that time which probably also helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as pOO - it's really hard to start. Every time something has gotten in the way of cycling, like my recent ankle injury or my dog's surgery, I've hit moments where I'm like "why bother cycling anymore?" Once you push past that initial hump, it gets easier and (to me), fun.

Today's 30 mile bike ride was in the rain and man did I get filthy!

+7

7+ Year Old Account
    + 9

7+ Year Old Account
    + 7

10+ Year Old Account
    + 9

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Same as pOO - it's really hard to start. Every time something has gotten in the way of cycling, like my recent ankle injury or my dog's surgery, I've hit moments where I'm like "why bother cycling anymore?" Once you push past that initial hump, it gets easier and (to me), fun.
    Exactly!
    Also, I've never regretted a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Today's 30 mile bike ride was in the rain and man did I get filthy!

+7
    Hopefully you wore the proper attire