3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, Deca, tell them like it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Wow, Deca, tell them like it is.
    But like, for real, how the hell do people gain weight? I'm trying to eat so much that I always feel full, I'm drinking heavy fruit juices, and no result.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Eat a lot of fatty foods and don't work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    But like, for real, how the hell do people gain weight? I'm trying to eat so much that I always feel full, I'm drinking heavy fruit juices, and no result.
    Fruit juice is awful for you. It's not really even juice, it's sugar water with, frequently, pasteurized and months-old juice concentrate mixed in.

Don't eat too much, that's just pointless. If you want to put on body mass, lift weights. Eat complex carbs and protein within 20 minutes of your workout. Make sure to eat a balanced diet of complex carbs (wheats/whole grains) and proteins (fish, chicken, beef) outside of lifting, too. Don't be afraid of fats, either. Fats are your friend.

Junk food can potentially make you bigger but it will also make you really unhealthy, setting you on the path to diabetes and high blood pressure.

You know dars you ruin all the fun! When i read that I was thinking about someone putting on weight as in gaining fat. In regards to gaining healthy weight, lift, eat a lot of carbs and protein like Dars said, it's also important to not do a lot of cardio when trying to bulk. Keep in mind there is a difference between good fats and bad fats. Mainly you want to eat a lot of unsaturated fats (unsalted nuts, cook with olive oil, etc) and avoid saturated fats like butter, fast food, etc.

Alternatively, instead of listening to all their good advice you can just wait for your metabolism to plummet after hitting 30

10+ Year Old Account

Never. Listen to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

Eat a lot of fatty foods and don't work out.
    Literally what I've been trying to do.

Fruit juice is awful for you. It's not really even juice, it's sugar water with, frequently, pasteurized and months-old juice concentrate mixed in.

Don't eat too much, that's just pointless. If you want to put on body mass, lift weights. Eat complex carbs and protein within 20 minutes of your workout. Make sure to eat a balanced diet of complex carbs (wheats/whole grains) and proteins (fish, chicken, beef) outside of lifting, too. Don't be afraid of fats, either. Fats are your friend.

Junk food can potentially make you bigger but it will also make you really unhealthy, setting you on the path to diabetes and high blood pressure.
    I heard that fruit juices are amazing for putting on weight. I'm slightly lactose intolerant (my mouth gets all phlegmy when I drink milk/eat chocolate) so milk isn't really an option in terms of high-caloric drinks. What about juices with "no added sugar"?

What I'm worried about right now is that if I try to work out, I'll just end up losing weight/not gaining weight and I'll just be stuck where I started eventually. Would it be best if I wait a bit and gain some weight before I starting going to the gym or should I just start now?

I'm trying to mostly avoid junk food (it makes me feel awful) but I am trying to find high calorie foods that I can eat (such as oatmeal).

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that fruit juices are amazing for putting on weight. I'm slightly lactose intolerant (my mouth gets all phlegmy when I drink milk/eat chocolate) so milk isn't really an option in terms of high-caloric drinks. What about juices with "no added sugar"?
    No added sugar means little. Fruit is one of the highest natural-sugar containing foods you can find. It is pretty much a dessert.

What I'm worried about right now is that if I try to work out, I'll just end up losing weight/not gaining weight and I'll just be stuck where I started eventually. Would it be best if I wait a bit and gain some weight before I starting going to the gym or should I just start now?

I'm trying to mostly avoid junk food (it makes me feel awful) but I am trying to find high calorie foods that I can eat (such as oatmeal).
    You won't lose weight, you'll put on muscle. You might find it more difficult to do that, but once you work out, you'll find your appetite will increase to match. As long as you eat something, or drink something, right after your workout (I eat Clif Bars, but Muscle Milk and other products will help), you'll start to build some muscle. It's more complicated than that, really, but that should get you started.

10+ Year Old Account

Dars, how much protein do you consume in a day?

I'll be sad if you sell the Charger, Hastings

- - - Updated - - -

Bed time. Night everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    No added sugar means little. Fruit is one of the highest natural-sugar containing foods you can find. It is pretty much a dessert.

You won't lose weight, you'll put on muscle. You might find it more difficult to do that, but once you work out, you'll find your appetite will increase to match. As long as you eat something, or drink something, right after your workout (I eat Clif Bars, but Muscle Milk and other products will help), you'll start to build some muscle. It's more complicated than that, really, but that should get you started.
    Yeah but isn't natural sugar acceptable?

Another somewhat related question: how do you feel about that Soylent product?

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post

Hmm...I'm debating whether to trade my charger in or not. I don't want to, but financially it might make a lot of sense because I've got some expensive things (yay transitioning and university tuition) to pay for in the very near future.
    It (the charger) gets much better gas mileage than my truck, but my truck has no car payment and the charger does.

Factoring in maintenance costs, fuel costs, random shit, and car payment, it seems like trading in my charger and just switching to my truck would save me about $14,000 over the next 6 years. Which basically would pay for 3/4 of the costs of SRS from an American doctor (I'm not going to Thailand for the procedure, nope).

(note, I am factoring on the low side for maintenance costs on the truck even though it's older. I'm doing that because I basically won't have to pay for labour if I need to fix something, just parts. That should easily make up for any extra maintenance it might need over the charger which is a lot newer)
    Well...6 years is a long time. You also gotta consider that your calculations will get all wonky depending on what happens in the future. If you end up not driving as much as you thought you would, suddenly costs decrease significantly. If you end up driving more, then the opposite. That said, I know so very little about this subject, but I also thought I should point out that I'm tired and it took me a moment to realize that you were talking about a car and not a phone charger. I was confused for longer than I care to admit.

Something.

it took me a moment to realize that you were talking about a car and not a phone charger. I was confused for longer than I care to admit.
    I thought the same thing for a bit as well.

went to a talk by Milo Yiannopoulos today. Very interesting, got interrupted 2 times by people with air horns calling him an asshole.

Well, Milo can be a bit of an asshole, but those people suck.

Getting closer to a mod win...!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Wait... Joyful didn't know who Alice in Chains is? I'm now sad

Not by name, not sure if I recognize and of their songs.