+50

Fast enough internet for that I guess!

Deleted
    Okay, almost finished DLing GW2

Which race and class are you thinking of?

Deleted
    I have no idea. I have watched like 5 minutes of game play but I mostly know nothing about the game

I'm also downloading GW2, but yaknow. Maybe next week?

Thinking the race with the transformations and a warrior to start off with.

10+ Year Old Account
    +5

It's so sad to see so few mods here. If my real life wasn't so hectic...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's so sad to see so few mods here. If my real life wasn't so hectic...
    Use your ultimate. Mod Swarm.
    This time we will defeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I have no idea. I have watched like 5 minutes of game play but I mostly know nothing about the game
    Alright, a quick brief:

There is no holy trinity in GW2. Whatever build you make you can bring anywhere you want.

There are three general types of classes: Casters in light armor who prefer ranged combat (though they can melee), Adventurers in medium armor who can either attack at ranged and are the most mobile, and Soldiers in heavy armor who prefer melee combat (but can ranged) and tank damage over dodging it. (There is a dodge button in the game).

General course of gameplay is to simply go to any zone within your level range. Don't worry if it is below your level; you'll be downleveled and still recieve just as much as XP and as good rewards as if you were doing a zone for your level. Questing has been streamlined so that you simply walk into a quest area (marked by a heart on the map) and start bashing things (or whatever appears on your screen) until you fill a meter up. You then receive your reward immediately. No need for talking to any NPCs. Events will sometimes appear that you can do and you should (they are just more quests).

Tip never told to you ingame: You can actually right click crafting mats and send them to your bank ASAP from anywhere at any time. Don't toss mats just because your bags are full; just right click and send them.

You can harvest any ore, herbs, and wood if you have the tool for them. You don't need to be specced in a crafting profession, and you should mine resources whenever you can. They even give XP.

I can't suggest a class because your play style may vary, but race wise Charr are an excellent pick because of the storyline. Their plot brings you quickly up to speed on the general course of events from GW1 to GW2. Also, it's relatively (compared to the rest of the racial stories) well written.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-06-06 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Use your ultimate. Mod Swarm.
    This time we will defeat it.
    It's a Saturday. No one is around.

Deleted
    NO! I don't want halp. I wanna go in blind for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's a Saturday. No one is around.
    You are, bird.

+6

- - - Updated - - -