Yep, I went all the way out into RL to snap a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'm not saying it's why the gas prices are higher, but it is why it's not as economically devastating to the population at large. Most Europeans I talk to use public transport since the gas prices are so high. If gas rose in the US to match European prices, I wouldn't have that option. It simply doesn't exist.
    You say that as if public transport is free, but instead, it costs a lot more to get anywhere by public transport than gasprices for the cardrive there. Except when you're on the first 5 years of being a student and have a free public transport pass or 40% off at other times.

Not to mention that it takes about 3 times as long, too. Public transport is a joke and nearly nobody that has a different option available to them uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Wow, is that even real life?
    It's a Fanta sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    You say that as if public transport is free, but instead, it costs a lot more to get anywhere by public transport than gasprices for the cardrive there. Except when you're on the first 5 years of being a student and have a free public transport pass or 40% off at other times.

Not to mention that it takes about 3 times as long, too. Public transport is a joke and nearly nobody that has a different option available to them uses it.
    In the Randstad it's usually better to take PT, but in the rest of the country it's a joke indeed. On your own it's about as expensive as with the car, takes longer, less comfortable and I can stop right in front of the door instead of having to walk 10 minutes from the closest trainstation.
    Few years ago I did the math once when going with 5 people on 400km ride. Was €65 in gas total, or €58 per person taking the train and bus... Not to mention the extra time it would take D:

+43

Heya pOO!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/gallery/gCGQRfo

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    +43

Heya pOO!
    Hai Xan!

10+ Year Old Account

I think the big argument against this is that we are generally forced to drive longer distances on average because we are not as densely packed.

For example, Hastings has to spend 8-9 hours of his week just driving to and from one place. My father drives 2.5 hours to and back from work every day (even if he moved to the closest house to his work, it would still take at least 1.5 hours).

So not even accounting for whether or not public transport is feasible, we have to commute a ton more, I think. Of course, not all of us. I'm one of those lucky ones that only commutes maybe 75 miles for an average week (that's like an hour to an hour and a half drive) so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

Today wasn't our first snow, but it was the first snow to stick. The only thing I can think of right now is that the humidity will be too low to propagate my polkadot plant.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

That is very true. We dont have any pretty nature to look at :/

10+ Year Old Account
    That is very true. We dont have any pretty nature to look at :/
    Don't come to Utah. Or most of the Midwestern United States.

We get the bad of both worlds (for the most part). Ugly and sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

You're craycray, you guys have awesome nature things to look at. My parents have been there, pics are amazing.

5 hours per day just to get to and from work o.O That's insane....

+ 44

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukidaruma View Post
    Yeah that's crazy.

10+ Year Old Account

+ 44
    Without traffic, it takes my friend 13 minutes to get to work. With traffic, it takes him 1.5 hours and he lives pretty close to his work.
    Americans spend an unfortunate amount of time commuting to work even if we live close.

You're craycray, you guys have awesome nature things to look at. My parents have been there, pics are amazing.
    I love our awesome nature here
    I saw some deer in the mountains when I went dirt biking a few days ago. When I lived in Alaska we used to have bear and moose living in our back yard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I love our awesome nature here
    I saw some deer in the mountains when I went dirt biking a few days ago. When I lived in Alaska we used to have bear and moose living in our back yard.
    I have moose, deer, fox and shit here. They are just annoying tbh. And Meese are scary as fuck.

Without traffic, it takes my friend 13 minutes to get to work. With traffic, it takes him 1.5 hours and he lives pretty close to his work.
    Americans spend an unfortunate amount of time commuting to work even if we live close.
    Wouldn't it be better to just walk or by bicycle then?
    My mom: "Look, he survived. He's even doing it again"

http://imgur.com/gallery/ymWRuUq

http://imgur.com/gallery/MDFdv1g

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be better to just walk or by bicycle then?
    Nope, It would actually take longer.

My mom: "Look, he survived. He's even doing it again"
    Silly parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I have moose, deer, fox and shit here. They are just annoying tbh. And Meese are scary as fuck.
    The deer are the annoying ones here.

+ 42

Such talking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 42

Such talking!
    Shhhhh, you're too loud.