Yep. Paladins is now my go-to multiplayer game. I just hope it isn't branded an Overwatch clone and therefore is dismissed because of it.

But it is a silly Overwatch clone.

Deleted

It looks terrifyingly close to an OW clone, Saw someone using Reinhardt's magic shield thingy, p.sure I saw Reaper and even the turret guy is a little fat dwarf like Torbjörn.

What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

– Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts

Deleted
    Iced is just being silly blizz hater!

What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

+ 2

You're right, it's not like Overwatch is "terrifyingly" close to TF2! Engineer --> Torbjörn. Soldier --> Pharah. Demo --> Junkrat... Why does Overwatch seemingly get a pass, but not Paladins?

Deleted
    Because you're a blizz hater. Plz stop being biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    + 2

You're right, it's not like Overwatch is "terrifyingly" close to TF2! Engineer --> Torbjörn. Soldier --> Pharah. Demo --> Junkrat... Why does Overwatch seemingly get a pass, but not Paladins?
    Ultimate abilities alone make the split from TF2 noticeable. Torb also can't use scrap for anything other than armor packs. Engi's teleporter is put onto Symettra. Soldier doesn't have a hover. Demo doesn't have a bear trap and concussive mine (iirc). Mercy is the closest thing to a TF2 clone there is in Overwatch. There are similarities, but there is enough different to make it not feel like a TF2 clone.

I'm not sure what's different with Paladins because I have no desire to play it, so I won't comment on if it is or is not an Overwatch clone.

well... only one of the two have hats x)

+3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTDHjhMsGG0

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Ultimate abilities alone make the split from TF2 noticeable.
    Sure, but it appears we're talking about characters - visually and mechanically.

Soldier doesn't have a hover.
    He doesn't technically, but rocket jumping is superior in mobility, and speed, while also introducing a skill ceiling to the character.

Demo doesn't have a bear trap and concussive mine (iirc).
    He doesn't have a bear trap, but his stickies ultimately serve the same purpose (and far superior): trapping and killing the opponent. His concussive mine is also stickies, the difference being that doesn't hurt Junkrat, but Junk's has a CD, and has no skill element to it (at least, not comparable).

There are similarities, but there is enough different to make it not feel like a TF2 clone.
    Mechanically, sure, but character-wise it's "just as bad" as Paladins.

I'm not sure what's different with Paladins because I have no desire to play it
    I've only played two characters so far (not because of an unwillingness to change, but because Cassie felt like the perfect character for me), but to address Kjan's criticisms:

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post
    Reinhardt's magic shield thingy
    Yes, the character has a shield, but he uses a flamethrower, has a ranged attack that disrupts healing, and has an ultimate that makes every friendly invulnerable for a short duration.

p.sure I saw Reaper
    Visually, there is a character that looks like him, but he doesn't play like him. I don't know much about the character mechanically, all I know is that when his hands turn green, he'll absorb attacks, and throw them back at you. Mechanically, the closest you get is a girl that can stealth, but she's not like him otherwise.

turret guy is a little fat dwarf like Torbjörn.
    Yeah, this is definitely similar, but let's not pretend that "dwarf who likes machines" is a unique concept.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2016-10-23 at 06:34 PM.