10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail of Life View Post
    So got a question for you guys, I'm currently at a hotel, got back late last night and basically turned on the laptop for a few minutes, when I was turning it off it had to updated while shutting down, so I did it and just left it off after that. Well I get back today and try and turn it on, the lights come on but nothing appears on my screen, it remains pitch black, any ideas how to fix it or am I screwed? I've taken the battery out and held the power button for a long time, nothing seems to do anything though
    Try waiting longer, it might just be trying to do something while not sending signal to the screen. I'd try hard rebooting a couple of times if nothing appears even waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Tried holding down the power button for 5~15 seconds until it hard reboots?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Try waiting longer, it might just be trying to do something while not sending signal to the screen. I'd try hard rebooting a couple of times if nothing appears even waiting...
    Yeah I've hard rebooted it a few time, nothing yet

Try tapping the Del button or F8 after restarting again, see if you can get some kind of bios screen up, if not, it's kind of hard to tell what exactly's gone wrong without being able to connect parts of it to other devices.

There is something about Yui's voice, the way she talks/laughs that is seriously too cute.
    DAYONE?

Seriously, I ship Yukino but Yui is a great character. Her cuteness is rivaled only by Yukino's cat/Pan-san moments and Iroha's rejections.

Try tapping the Del button or F8 after restarting again, see if you can get some kind of bios screen up, if not, it's kind of hard to tell what exactly's gone wrong without being able to connect parts of it to other devices.
    Did both, nothing popped up at all. I'm not even seeing a logo screen, it remains completely black from the moment I hit the power button. Ima leave it on and see what happens, if nothing I'll try to get a cable and connect it to a tv

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    We can cure everyone of their caffeine addictions. Just change all of the Starbucks into stores that sell printouts of my dropped list lol.
    Gotta come up with something more mainstream than an anime dropped list for that, time to start dropping popular TV shows and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I don't think I've ever even bought coffee from Starbucks. All the hardcore coffee addicts I know prepare their own coffee.
    We have a hardcore coffee culture here mostly thanks to the cultural mix in melbourne, most people go for barista-bought coffee and any coffee not made by a fancy machine is considered to be a sin.

...This is the point where I would start asking my laptop-crazy mates.

How old is it?
    Has it been taken apart and cleaned (fans etc) in a while?
    Any funny sleep/hibernate keys on the keyboard that may be saving their state between reboots?

After trying out the sleep/hibernate keys, try to leave it until you get back home where you can try Shinzai's cord into screen recommendation. Sometimes time cures things too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    DAYONE?

Seriously, I ship Yukino but Yui is a great character. Her cuteness is rivaled only by Yukino's cat/Pan-san moments and Iroha's rejections.
    I don't know how to explain the thing about Yui's voice/silly cute little laughs, it's just too cute >.>
    She is the kind of character that is cute regardless of what she is doing, Yukino's cuteness is different.

Iroha was adorable (Senpaaaaaaaai). Yui and Yukino feeling strange about her closeness with Hachiman was also adorable.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-06-29 at 09:44 PM.

I don't know who to explain the thing about Yui's voice/silly cute little laughs, it's just too cute >.>
    She is the kind of character that is cute regardless of what she is doing, Yukino's cuteness is different.

Iroha was adorable (Senpaaaaaaaai). Yui and Yukino feeling strange about her closeness with Hachiman was also adorable.
    Ultimate cuteness award goes to Kawasaki for her imouto moments. I may have squee'd in delight a few times (in a totally manly fashion). But yeah, Yui's just naturally cute regardless of what she's doing. Gahama-mama definitely passed on some good genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

...This is the point where I would start asking my laptop-crazy mates.

How old is it?
    Has it been taken apart and cleaned (fans etc) in a while?
    Any funny sleep/hibernate keys on the keyboard that may be saving their state between reboots?

After trying out the sleep/hibernate keys, try to leave it until you get back home where you can try Shinzai's cord into screen recommendation. Sometimes time cures things too.
    About 2 years old now, has never been taken apart and cleaned, no funny keys at all. May just have to leave it alone for now and mess more with it when I get back home

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to explain the thing about Yui's voice/silly cute little laughs, it's just too cute >.>

The character animation/movements also really helped it along. I love a show with good character animation to bring across the feeling in more than voice, and Yahari does a stellar job at that (along with Hibike).

God I can't wait for Hibike finale (even though last episode crushed my yuri-bait with Kumiko-Tsuichi duet and Reina going yandere over sensei). I'm bouncing between a 9 and 10. So good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The character animation/movements also really helped it along. I love a show with good character animation to bring across the feeling in more than voice, and Yahari does a stellar job at that (along with Hibike).
    I died laughing at that festival president guy satiric overly exaggerated hand gestures while talking completely overly useless things.
    OMG, I just couldn't stop laughing at his hands doing all the movements possible.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-06-29 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I can't wait for Hibike finale (even though last episode crushed my yuri-bait with Kumiko-Tsuichi duet and Reina going yandere over sensei). I'm bouncing between a 9 and 10. So good.
    It's going to probably be my last "held off on" series. have 2 others to watch before it after re-kan.
    [CENTER]

I died laughing at that festival president guy satiric overly exaggerated hand gestures while talking completely overly useless things.
    OMG, I just couldn't stop laughing at his hands doing all the movements possible.

On a separate note:

Beyond the Boundary Collector's Edition BD/DVD

Retail Price: $179.98~Your Price: $134.99

Seems expensive as hell for a single series, especially with even Knights of Sidonia, Chuuni and No Game No Life collector's editions being close to $100 at full RRP. I wonder what makes it special...
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2015-06-29 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    News with the new MGA chapters
    One thing:

The 1st of July is when I start my summer posting, and that is when I will increase the chapters released everyday by one chapter. Meaning I will release 3 chapters on Monday, 4 on Tuesday, 3 on Weds, etc for all the days other than Sunday. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and I can keep that schedule.

That is all, enjoy~

10+ Year Old Account

Retail Price: $179.98~Your Price: $134.99
    damn and that's one I probably will want ><
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    News with the new MGA chapters
    Oh my lawd. It's going to be amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimate cuteness award goes to Kawasaki for her imouto moments. I may have squee'd in delight a few times (in a totally manly fashion). But yeah, Yui's just naturally cute regardless of what she's doing. Gahama-mama definitely passed on some good genes.
    That moment of Yukino laughing at Komachi's insulting Hachiman with "Hachiman" was also gloriously glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I agree. It was a great take. Just not... Steph lol I agree on pretty much all points tbh. Shiro's speech is sort of lazy, in a way, anyway. As though she just doesn't have any interest/energy. In this dub, she just feels cold to me, I guess. More robotic in nature. And Steph just sounds like an older woman trying to sound younger. Same issue I had with Colleen Clinkenbeard as kid Gohan in DB Kai. Good performance, just for the wrong character.
    Yeesh, just noticed I'd put Sora and Shiro's names the wrong way around. Sora sounds like he's more of a dude-bro type in the English dub, where as, the same as you noted with Shiro, he should sound really lazy, as if it's taking all of his effort just to make conversation. Instead, he sounds like the 'cool guy' of a show.

It's kind of weird, because I don't want to complain about it, since it is a good dub and they're putting a lot of effort in, but, meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of weird, because I don't want to complain about it, since it is a good dub and they're putting a lot of effort in, but, meh.
    Not like I'll watch the dub (as I doubt it's a show my parents would want to watch and other people I try to convert to subs asap)
    [CENTER]