10+ Year Old Account
    Oeh.

- - - Updated - - -

Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Manga's 19th Volume Bundles Original Anime

The anime will follow Sōma and his friends on a short summer vacation before the Autumn Elections. The anime will be 25 minutes long.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...l-anime/.99321

beach episode? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Punpun: I got 12 chapters in and dropped it. It just struck me as simultaneously a bit too demented and too alien to appreciate.

One of my "trigger" annoyances with anime is excessive use of adolescents. Adults make better characters under so many circumstances. When they attempt to substitute children into adult roles it makes them feel half-filled.

The craziness of Punpun is only in the first 30-40 chapters. The author said that he intended for the first part to be crazy to make the rest really hit hard, and it works.

Also I agree on using kids in place of adults being annoying. I'd far prefer adults for characters, but adults dying don't make me sad near as much as kids/elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    XCOM: last night I stood up to talk to somebody and when I sat back down and picked up my headset the mouthpiece hit the Backspace key, skipping my turn with 3 Mutons in front of me and a soldier left out in the open. That was reload time.
    X-Com Souls claims another team.

Punpun: I got 12 chapters in and dropped it. It just struck me as simultaneously a bit too demented and too alien to appreciate.

One of my "trigger" annoyances with anime is excessive use of adolescents. Adults make better characters under so many circumstances. When they attempt to substitute children into adult roles it makes them feel half-filled.
    You may want to try out Nijigahara Holograph instead, same author, though a much more compact story, told from the viewpoints of a cast as both children and adults.

It gives a much more acute view of the type of stories he tells, where as Punpun, as Zath points out, has a huge build up period. Holograph's also much smaller in scope.

ERASED 9: This episode was okay. The confrontation at the beginning didn't really get me. In fact, it made me wonder what kind of incompetent child welfare workers they have in Japan that they'd put Kayo in such danger. Also abused children often go Stockholm Syndrome when re-exposed to their tormentors, so that whole "plan" seems like it was horrible from the get-go. Overall I didn't get nearly as much from this episode as I did from the last few.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, while reading this review on ERASED I had many disagreements, one point that he did bring up that I definitely thought about was why he had to worry about being blamed for his mother's murder in the first place. Unless this explained better in the manga, there was no intricate setup that would pin it on him.
    Yup, manga story was missing. I think the last few episodes are just going to be far too compressed/stretched to do any justice to the manga now. It'll still be good, no doubt, but not amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punpun 107 - HOLY SHIT I'M SO HAPPY. Hahahahaha. Yes yes yes yes yes. It's everything I wanted. This couldn't have been any better. I'm going to stop here for the night to savor this moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Punpun 107 - HOLY SHIT I'M SO HAPPY. Hahahahaha. Yes yes yes yes yes. It's everything I wanted. This couldn't have been any better. I'm going to stop here for the night to savor this moment.
    >For the night

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    One Piece's new theory about the red cloth of the hat being the last poneglyph or a copy of it will certainly drive me insane.
    Fuck this chapter, why do you do this with me Oda?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn where is wallpaper version:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Teaching basic math to people after this last OP chapter is funny, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Punpun is amazing. I had pretty much the same feelings as Zath did while reading, except I didn't post about it since after a certain point I couldn't stop reading.

Read it if you haven't already. It's one of the best manga.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/2fbdaHI.png?1

cute...
    TFW Fate is turning from suffering to waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Is this the same guy who said these words of wisdom?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    X-Com Souls claims another team.
    I can't imagine playing X-Com on ironman with how easy it is to missclick horribly on multiple level maps. It's bad enough when I missclick my last move and have to sit through a minute of aliens annihilating my entire squad since it's not even possible to bring the pause menu up during their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I can't imagine playing X-Com on ironman with how easy it is to missclick horribly on multiple level maps. It's bad enough when I missclick my last move and have to sit through a minute of aliens annihilating my entire squad since it's not even possible to bring the pause menu up during their turn.
    I tried that once. Let's just say my keyboard at the time didn't survive it.

Yup, been there, done that. Ironman on anything above average difficulty is pretty rage inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Atleast Boku Dake chapter 41 is out now. We're getting there.
    Thank God. I'm out of stuff to read unless I start something new which I don't want to do atm

Deleted
    Re:Monster is quite fun. Gotta love how the protagonist's first reaction to anything new is always "let's eat this".

Re:Monster is quite fun. Gotta love how the protagonist's first reaction to anything new is always "let's eat this".
    It started out pretty good, but rapidly devolved into a half-assed soft-core hentai wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It started out pretty good, but rapidly devolved into a half-assed soft-core hentai wannabe.
    Like quite a few Japanese web novels nowadays do, but could just be me having read too many and just gotten bored with em.