1. #42461
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    You say this and yet idk how many times I've seen people in this thread and elsewhere pick up a show solely because they saw a picture of a cute girl. It's a major selling point for a lot of people.
    Having good looking characters let alone art to the show is always going to be a selling point because you want to enjoy looking at whatever you're looking at for hours. Not just cus as you say "hur dur im a guy cute girl"

  2. #42462
    Warchief Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    2,229
    I'm not sure how I feel about Gundam Unicorn. Aside from one very one sided battle, there really wasn't much at all to it. Before you say anything I haven't watched the OVA.

  3. #42463
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Gundam Unicorn. Aside from one very one sided battle, there really wasn't much at all to it. Before you say anything I haven't watched the OVA.
    The episodes are split up versions of the OVAs, with new animation. So it's basically half of the first OVA.

  4. #42464
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Having good looking characters let alone art to the show is always going to be a selling point because you want to enjoy looking at whatever you're looking at for hours. Not just cus as you say "hur dur im a guy cute girl"
    Lets not try and make this out to be more than it is now lol. For a lot of people it is "hur dur im a guy cute girl."

  5. #42465
    Warchief Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    2,229
    A major point for a lot of people in a new show is having a coherent story. Having loli characters for the sake of having them is annoying.

  6. #42466
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Erased
    I also lost my investment part way through. For me, it was when the situation with Kayo was resolved. I didn't feel any connection to Airi, and I actually didn't care much about who the killer was. It's like the tension in what was happening dropped out at that point, because Kayo could actually not make it given what had happened. By comparison the main character wouldn't die, so I didn't even bat an eye when I saw him "drowning" at the end of episode 11.

  7. #42467
    Dreadlord Epuration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vancouver,Canada
    Posts
    907
    Having cute girls in an anime is absolutely vital. It is literally impossible to watch shows when you have hideous characters like this that look like they have downs.

  8. #42468
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Lets not try and make this out to be more than it is now lol. For a lot of people it is "hur dur im a guy cute girl."
    If anything you're trying to stretch it that every guy is a meathead who thinks with his little head and just goes for whomever is cute. So yeah, try not to be insulting to generally everyone and then stuff like this won't be brought up.

  9. #42469
    i def. pick up shows when i see pics/gifs of cute grills

  10. #42470
    Deleted
    Kokou no Hito - This is the most visually beautiful and stunning manga that I have read, people who mention it and recommend it use the same few pages to reinforce it but there is so much more and this is hardly even considering the detail that went into characters, clothing and faces. It was overall a very serious and sometimes very harsh coming of age story with a heavy emphasis on lonliness, dreams and how those two can conflict. At first I thought of the characters as edgy, overly moody without reason and just general assholes but as the chapters went on they felt like they were actually pitiable or pathetic being able to dedicate themself to only this one thing and they will give absolutely everything for it regardkess if whatever reason they have to continuing climbing. I liked what became of Mori's character after what would be around chapter ~120 onwards and whilst it was sudden growth it was a welcomed growth in size and direction.

    A great, well handled serious story that made good use of tension and the trends it had set prior to build it on top of the fantastic visuals. Pretty quick read too.
    Last edited by mmocf7b2f6566d; 2016-04-04 at 01:36 AM.

  11. #42471
    Quote Originally Posted by NINJA SLAYER View Post
    Kokou no Hito - This is the most visually beautiful and stunning manga that I have read, people who mention it and recommend it use the same few pages to reinforce it but there is so much more and this is hardly even considering the detail that went into characters, clothing and faces. It was overall a very serious and sometimes very harsh coming of age story with a heavy emphasis on lonliness, dreams and how those two can conflict. At first I thought of the characters as edgy, overly moody without reason and just general assholes but as the chapters went on they felt like they were actually pitiable or pathetic being able to dedicate themself to only this one thing and they will give absolutely everything for it regardkess if whatever reason they have to continuing climbing. I liked what became of Mori's character after what would be around chapter ~100 onwards and whilst it was sudden growth it was a welcomed growth in size and direction.

    A great, well handled serious story that made good use of tension and the trends it had set prior to build it on top of the fantastic visuals. Pretty quick read too.
    Wait, you actually make normal posts?

  12. #42472
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Wait, you actually make normal posts?
    All of my posts are normal, it's everyone else who isn't. Also infraction points.

  13. #42473
    The Lightbringer Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Drop Bears
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Lets not try and make this out to be more than it is now lol. For a lot of people it is "hur dur im a guy cute girl."
    It's certainly an incentive for me to start, but if it isn't held up enough by personality I turn off very quickly.

  14. #42474
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    If anything you're trying to stretch it that every guy is a meathead who thinks with his little head and just goes for whomever is cute. So yeah, try not to be insulting to generally everyone and then stuff like this won't be brought up.
    That isn't what I was trying to insinuate, it's what I was blatantly saying lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Erased - I also lost my investment part way through. For me, it was when the situation with Kayo was resolved. I didn't feel any connection to Airi, and I actually didn't care much about who the killer was. It's like the tension in what was happening dropped out at that point, because Kayo could actually not make it given what had happened. By comparison the main character wouldn't die, so I didn't even bat an eye when I saw him "drowning" at the end of episode 11.
    Erased I'd say that's around when the tension kind of died down for me as well. They did a really good job building up to it, then it just "went away" to a certain extent.

  15. #42475
    Banned Tennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    You wish you lived here
    Posts
    11,772
    Started reading the manga Koi to Uso/Love and Lies.

    I really like it. Love the art.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Having cute girls in an anime is absolutely vital. It is literally impossible to watch shows when you have hideous characters like this that look like they have downs.
    Naruto did well enough....

  16. #42476
    Warchief Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    420th state
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    gg undied to do macross delta
    Oh fuck. gg's coming back to save anime and fansubbing. Makes me almost want to watch it.

  17. #42477
    The Lightbringer Artorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Natal, Brazil
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Started reading the manga Koi to Uso/Love and Lies.

    I really like it. Love the art.
    You didn't pick best girl to make your avatar.

    I'm disappointed.


  18. #42478
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Didn't drop it, just cba to finish it.
    Same thing from you hue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Just watch it and stop being a lil shit
    Meh. I'll get around to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    You didn't pick best girl to make your avatar.

    I'm disappointed.

    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...E5Ng%3D%3D.2.l
    Oh my. That looks like it'd be a positively heartrending page.

    Gimme dat sauce m8!

  19. #42479
    The Lightbringer Artorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Natal, Brazil
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Gimme dat sauce m8!
    http://myanimelist.net/manga/78065/Koi_to_Uso

  20. #42480
    Banned Tennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    You wish you lived here
    Posts
    11,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    You didn't pick best girl to make your avatar.

    I'm disappointed.

    [IMG]snip[/IMG]
    I'm undecided as to which the best girl is. Both have their positives...
    At first I was firmly in the Takasaki san camp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •