10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll
    think they're fine and they're one of the biggest reasons (if not the biggest) anime has gotten so big in America. If they had stayed the pirate site they were, we wouldn't have nearly close to the access to anime that we currently have.
    I doubt it would make any meaningful difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Ive been waiting my whole life for this. Here goes.. Man i still cant believe i get a chance to do this... Anways.... Itazura Na Kiss.

Its amazing. Sooo amazing. Has closure and the relationship goes where no anime has yet gone. Atleast from what ive seen ( and ive seen a lot of em )
    I actually dropped Itzanura before after watching it based on your recommendation lol. I gave it another go and I'm on episode 9. It's definitely not what I was looking for (far too rom-com, not serious enough, sugary), but it's okay. I don't think I'll finish it, but I'll keep watching it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Working sorta fits your requirements, I guess. It's definitely more of a comedy show, and the (two) romances aren't the most important thing, but there's definitely closure. And while they aren't all adults, it does take place in the workplace rather than in a high school.
    Not a fan of Working at all and not what I'm looking for. It's a pretty good example of why I dislike comedy anime actually. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Sadly all I see is stuff that probably doesn't meet your requirements closely going by "unique to panda" list but I'll throw them all out:

Finish shakugan no shana's second + third seasons....Light amount of "true" romance but for most people who watched it found the pay off very good (close to toradora but since it's split into 3 seasons it feels much better imo)

Tsubasa chronicle, don't need to say anything about this really

Rakuen Tsuihou, movie length and not really romance, but I enjoyed it in a different way and figure you might enjoy a short one

papa no iukoto wo kikinasai....probably not something you'd enjoy and the "true end" is in the OVA
    Zero interest in watching Shakugan. I've tried before and I didn't like it at all.

I've tried watching Papa and Rakuen, but neither caught my interest, nor what I'm looking for.

Not really sure Tsubasa is what I'm looking for either. Looks like there's a fair amount of focus on events outside of the romance.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Touch. Be prepared for a seriously long series (101 episodes), but in my opinion, it's worth it. I think I'd recommended it to you last year, but the length was an issue?

EF: A Tale Of Memories and EF: A Tale Of Melodies. May be too melodramatic and cloying.

Emma: A Victorian Romance. A classic, some what cliche romance between a servant and master.

Baby Steps. Amazing tennis anime, good romance too. Shockingly accurate and well thought out technical accuracy on the tennis side.

Yar, the whole OST is great, but the usage of the visuals combined with the audio timing is just amazingly impactful. It's one of those scenes that people tend to remember forever.
    Emma and Touch look like they have some promise. I'll take a look into them. I've tried watching Ef before and it didn't really catch my interest. Same with Baby Steps.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manga 'Tsugumomo' Gets Anime Adaptation

Kazuya Kagami never goes anywhere without the precious "Sakura Obi" his mother gave him. One day a beautiful, kimono-clad girl named Kiriha appeared before him, and began to live in Kazuya's room. Then there's Chisato, Kazuya's childhood friend with glasses and a ponytail, who likes to meddle with his affairs. Soon, there's also an overprotective sister who seems to want to take baths with him. Jumble in a huge-chested priestess, a good-looking sorceress named Kokuyoura, beautiful women, and hot girls, Kazuya's happy, embarrassing, and confusing life begins…
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1551454

well that synopsis is pretty shit. this quote is more like it

The manga has it all. Extreme violent action, extreme lewdness (gives To Love Ru a run for its money actually) and a lot of supernatural lore. It could be a ton of fun if they adapt it right, though I'm guessing they will have to tone down the violence/nudity sadly.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...0926628664.jpg
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-09-09 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I doubt it would make any meaningful difference.
    CR and their social media magic is one of the biggest reasons shows like SnK, SAO, and the like have become so popular in America. Sure they could become popular over time, but it would have probably taken years instead of days. The complete majority of anime watchers don't pirate, believe it or not, and instead rely on what they see on the front page of Crunchyroll's website, or what CR posts on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    CR and their social media magic is one of the biggest reasons shows like SnK, SAO, and the like have become so popular in America. Sure they could become popular over time, but it would have probably taken years instead of days. The complete majority of anime watchers don't pirate, believe it or not, and instead rely on what they see on the front page of Crunchyroll's website, or what CR posts on Facebook.
    This is true. Crunchyroll being available on the front page of the Wii U, Xbox One and PS4's homepages helps to no end. Also a lot of freeview type TVs tend to have their app some where on there.

Regardless of how they started out (launched by a group of college grad students), they're now owned by TV Tokyo and in part by AT&T. It would be silly to disregard them because of their initial setup, given that they are actually representative of a large portion of the legal, online anime viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I just want it already. I want it. I waaaaaaant it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is funny when you consider that kissanime has more than 3x more accesses than CR.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't count it based on website clicks, not to mention CR doesn't solely cater to subscribers, but also has an ad-based week-late viewership that many people take advantage of. You would have to view it based on (unique) users of each site, and afaik CR is far more popular.

This also doesn't account for non-internet accesses, which is a large portion of CR's viewership (it is very popular on consoles).

I'd also bring up that kissanime may allow for (albeit terrible) streaming, it doesn't have any social media reach, and many people learn of anime through Crunchyroll and Funimation.

- - - Updated - - -

I just want it already. I want it. I waaaaaaant it.
    Same. Any idea on the BD release for the first OVA?
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2016-09-09 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I actually dropped Itzanura before after watching it based on your recommendation lol. I gave it another go and I'm on episode 9. It's definitely not what I was looking for (far too rom-com, not serious enough, sugary), but it's okay. I don't think I'll finish it, but I'll keep watching it for now.
    While it may not be exactly what you were looking for, I cant figure out why you dont think you will finish it. Its a damn good romcom with an even better relationship progression, which i might add is something that is rarely seen in most "Romcoms" nowadays. I personally think you should persevere and see it fully finished, im sure that your opinion will change then.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't count it based on website clicks, not to mention CR doesn't solely cater to subscribers, but also has an ad-based week-late viewership that many people take advantage of. You would have to view it based on (unique) users of each site, and afaik CR is far more popular.
    This also doesn't account for non-internet accesses, which is a large portion of CR's viewership (it is very popular on consoles).
    I'd also bring up that kissanime may allow for (albeit terrible) streaming, it doesn't have any social media reach, and many people learn of anime through Crunchyroll and Funimation.
    I don't doubt that in the US CR is huge and helps, but I find it very unlikely that the scenario would be much different without it...

Sure all the advertising through social media can make new anime watchers, but the majority of them are probably people who watched some kind of anime when young (Cartoon Network had Toonami for example) then followed with one of the big Shonens like Naruto and kept going with it.

And yeah, I can see people "discovering" about Anime through CR's advertising and then watching it in some shit free streaming website like Kissanime.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Finished Gunbuster today.

This was pretty enjoyable overall. I thought some of the soundtrack entries such as Noriko using Gunbuster for the first time and destroying an enemy ship were timed and orchestrated really well. This piece in particular was utilized wonderfully in episode 4. I also remember hearing the opera version of that piece many times, but I do not know its actual name.

I also thought that the ending was pretty sweet, despite being a bit cheesy. Oh and Noriko was simlpy too cute.

Gunbuster gets an 8/10 and I'm definitely going to watch Diebuster at some point soon.
    I should watch Gunbuster again soon too. I still love it. The time dilation usage is simply brilliant when it happens. It's a terrifying and simple concept, used to great effect.

Also, when Gunbuster starts out, it seems like it's going to be a fairly trashy, possibly even lazily ecchi show in episode 1, then it just constantly ups its game.

Diebuster's a whole different ballgame though.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2016-09-09 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The team may experiment with different types of patches, not just new raid zones or tons of things for everyone, but maybe some smaller patches too.
    The team is confident they will pace content better this time. For real. They mean it.
    They say this every expansion and haven't been able to deliver, but learn something every time. This expansion they accounted for a lot more and should be able to do it.
    Blizzard...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't doubt that in the US CR is huge and helps, but I find it very unlikely that the scenario would be much different without it...

Sure all the advertising through social media can make new anime watchers, but the majority of them are probably people who watched some kind of anime when young (Cartoon Network had Toonami for example) then followed with one of the big Shonens like Naruto and kept going with it.
    Before the advent of legal streaming, anime was a small niche in America. The reason sites like Kissanime are big, and communities have grown so large over the past couple of years is because of the easy access to legal viewing. Without companies like CR and Funi, I doubt many of us would even be here watching anime. Definitely not myself.

Sure people watched Toonami when they were young, but I bet they didn't even know what anime was. They knew what DBZ was, what Ghibli movies were, what Pokemon was, but they didn't know what anime was. I wouldn't call someone who watches solely shows like Naruto an "anime" watcher. I would say many people who watch anime now didn't even watch Toonami growing up, and saw stuff like Dragon Ball and Pokemon on daytime shows or with friends.

Just look at how anime in the West has evolved. In the 90s people could only watch anime by figuring out how to get the DVD months to years after it aired in Japan. In the 2000s before streaming, anime was barely able to be found on torrent sites, a couple through Toonami (only the most popular), and only the truly elite would be watching shows like Code Geass and Death Note even within 2-3 years of them airing. Now because of places like CR the average viewer can watch new shows day of in high quality, something that wasn't even close to possible years ago. Even now the average person doesn't even know what torrenting is, let alone how to use it. They stream on KA because it is the first thing that pops up on Google, and that's only because anime was able to get popular through legal methods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post

I also hope that Zath's prediction that this is the set up for a TV anime of the manga is true.
    Same. I can't imagine them doing a 3 part theater released OVA over a large span of time with this much advertising wouldn't be to hype up an anime adaption in late 2017/early 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Blizzard...
    I have faith. Not full faith, but I feel like they've learned a lot. 7.1 already sounds very impressive.

And yeah, I can see people "discovering" about Anime through CR's advertising and then watching it in some shit free streaming website like Kissanime.
    Kissanime's a really different quantity though. It's used worldwide, with no real set location for its userbase. It has about 1 million American unique users/viewers - 20% of its userbase, while Crunchyroll's user base is around 60% American - 800,000 roughly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kissanime's a really different quantity though. It's used worldwide, with no real set location for its userbase. It has about 1 million American unique users/viewers - 20% of its userbase, while Crunchyroll's user base is around 60% American - 800,000 roughly.
    According to that other website CR is ~51% US while KA is ~31% US, although I wouldn't really take those numbers as very accurate.

This other comparison is good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this comes from an unwillingness to broaden the market for anime worldwide. It could be from the cost of translators for different languages, or some inane region locking, but I feel like it would be a fairly easy and worthwhile fix. One problem is Netflix buying out anime and refusing to release them until well after they've aired. Hard to combat that though, since Netflix is in more countries than any other legal streaming service. I'd say a good portion is from outdated views in the anime industry regarding sales and marketing. Japan is one of the hardest countries on Earth for their people to adapt to new technology or new methods of business, as ironic as it sounds. They're very stuck in their ways, however outdated those ways are.

According to that other website CR is ~51% US while KA is ~31% US, although I wouldn't really take those numbers as very accurate.

This other comparison is good too.
    Searching for "anime" will result in getting to the Crunchyroll site faster though. Kissanime has basically become popular due to Kisscartoon blowing up in popularity in the last 5 years, due to word of mouth.

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...%2Fm%2F05b53f9

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevada is a fucking weeb state.

Nevada is a fucking weeb state.
    Nerdvana ?

Angry boat dog girl
    http://i.imgur.com/MqUGXxf.jpg

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?