Present season. Present anime. Hahahaha.

Bloodivores episode 1 - 4/10: Boring. Dull. Forced drama for characters with no relevance in the opening episode. Bad direction. Sub par OP. Shit music. Uninspired animation. Weak action. Meh. If you just want to watch some half-assed filler anime this season, then this is it. Not even any fan-service to cover up the dishwater tier presentation. Dropped.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku episode 1 - 7/10: Gets its premise locked down in the first episode and hints at very interesting possibilities to follow. This is going to be this season's cute girls suffering and brutally murdering each other show. It has a good deal of potential and a familiar twist what is it with mascot creatures that are half black, half white, in a lazy attempt to show a dichotomy of good and evil, the past few years? I'll be watching to see just how much healing the show gets through. The art and animation are solid, not amazing in any particular away, but servicable and generally on point. The alternative character designs are neat. The music's OK and direction's generally good. Not much happens in the episode overall, but it's probably going to escalate rapidly.

Bubuki Buranki episode 13 - 7/10: Show's gone full on comedy. In fact, I'd go as far as too say they've basically stolen RWBY's entire playbook and framed the show around the way RWBY episodes tend to play out. Comedy has taken the fore-front of the show's focus and story is secondary. Almost every scene featured multiple jokes, or visual gags. The CG has gotten better too, surprisingly. Some scenes are extremely smooth and they're now using the CG far more as a tool, to present a lot of traditional anime visual gags and shots in a 3D plane. I'm genuinely impressed. The characters seem far more comical in general and the new characters are interesting visually, though again, that RWBY feel permeates here too. The imouto is either great, or terrible, depending on how you view her personality. Action's as good as ever when it does happen and the episode generally improves on anything in the first series. I'll keep watching this one again.

Shuumatsu No Izetta episode 1 - 9/10 8/10: This is a masterfully crafted opening episode to the series. Fantastic direction. Excellent, classical action direction, nice usage of cinematic long-shots and 'camera' work in general. The characters are great and feel real right off the bat. I was invested in the situation and the princess' predicament. I love the air of realism and authenticity of the effort put into the world's design and structure, as well as the character designs and presentation. The animation is very good, bordering excellent on a regular basis and there's a believable, real-world weight to interactions and the orchestration of scenes. The music is on point and compliments the rest of the show very effectively. The princess is a very strong and likeable character. The introduction of Izetta was one of the better key scenes I've seen recently, with a very powerfully directed action piece to frame it. I /really/ like this show. Potential for AotS already. Which is surprising, considering how goofy the concept looked in trailers/adverts.

Drifters OVA - 8/10: An excellent adaptation of the first couple of chapters of the manga, with a unique visual flair that I wouldn't have expected from Hoods Entertainment. I can't help but wonder if a couple of Madhouse old-hats were drafted in to help create this feature. It has all the visual design and direction of an old school Madhouse effort, such as Ninja Scroll. The art in particular is fantastic, with deep, thick line work and rich colouring, with bold, expressive designs. The action and direction are nice and strongly presented, if a touch stiff in places. The music is subtle and accentuates most scenes effectively. As I'm already a fan of the manga, I can't wait to see more of this.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2016-10-03 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    3 episode rule...also magical girls...wtf are those faces...so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Shuumatsu No Izetta 1 - I initially didn't feel like watching this because I'm not interested in a WWII setting at all, but after all the positive feedback it received, I decided to give it a try. The "germans" in this are just terrible. "Sieg Reich" and "Neue Berlin" made me cringe. The last one is especially bad because it's flatout not right. It'd have to be Neu Berlin to be proper german. Another thing that bothered me was that they changed/altered the names of the nations in this anime.

Regardless of that, the episode got a bit better towards the end when Fine was on the plane but I couldn't help but feel like they were a bit short on time there.

This is alright so far and I'll keep watching it for now, but this show couldn't possibly be any more overrated from what I've read about it.
    Just out of curiosity, in what way would you say it's overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I disagree with your entire assessment of it, for example.
    So you don't like it on a technical level?

Where are people watching Gundam IBO S2? Neither Crunchyroll nor Funimation have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Where are people watching Gundam IBO S2? Neither Crunchyroll nor Funimation have it.
    *cough*
    cat site
    *cough*

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    *cough*
    cat site
    *cough*
    What is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Valyrian the Moofia Boss try Daisuki for Ibo s2, think CR has a delay on the series like they had with s1.

------------------
    Why are people even bothered in Izetta with the nation names? Germania is a thing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania
    Britannia is a thing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia
    both are Greek and Roman terms for their geographical regions
    Last edited by Millhi; 2016-10-02 at 11:38 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    @Valyrian the Moofia Boss try Daisuki for Ibo s2, think CR has a delay on the series like they had with s1.
    Crunchyroll didn't get IBO, Funimation did.

How long was the wait?

So my girlfriend and I finally got around to watching ep. 1 of Amaama to Inazuma, and her reaction was "Can I have a kid like that"

This was after she joked about buying diapers ahead of time to save the effort after having a kid.

SEND HELP, I'M ONLY 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Crunchyroll didn't get IBO, Funimation did.

How long was the wait?
    Funi and CR are partnered now, so in theory you can access either. And the delay was one week last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anime, but Westworld aired on HBO tonight, and I definitely recommend it. I know this is said about a fair amount of new stuff (though that may just be from what I've seen) but it has a lot of anime themes to it, with a dash of Ready Player One (if anyone here has read that book).

db super 60 so goku has two kids but has never kissed chichi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    db super 60 so goku has two kids but has never kissed chichi
    Who would ever do something so lewd.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, abridged implies that Chi Chi rapes Goku.

honestly that seems pretty realistic considering goku's personality

10+ Year Old Account
    IBO2: Good that they showed that everything is pretty much fucked up. While nobody messes around with those kids anymore. They bring everything they got to deal with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magi 320 - >NEXT ISSUE, SINBAD'S FEELINGS AND THE MYSTERY OF THE SACRED PALACE WILL BE REVEALED

IT'S COMING.

IT'S FINALLY COMING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well time to check this:
    Ao Oni The Animation

DE book 17 ch 41/ch 42 teaser - I guess having an OP dad means that his daughter is going to be pretty OP from birth as well?