15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    So I clicked on Flip Flappers as my rando try last night before bed and, well, anyone else getting some despair vibes incoming? Or am I just doing my usual waiting for the shoe to drop?
    Personally, I feel like people have a weird obsession with things turning 'dark'. Everything doesn't need to be Madoka

I mean I wouldn't complain if it did go down that route, but I don't think it really needs to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    [video=youtube;VqsZdwnCVCM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqsZdwnCVCM[video]
    This isn't okay.

Deleted
    Okay, Kuromukuro gets 8/10 and I need S2. Considering much of the main cast is immortal, it can even be set centuries in future.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It's just after 01:30, job interview in just under 8 hours, tired AF... still loads of time to catch up on Flip Flappers, Yaoi on Ice and maybe squeeze some more Hibike! in too. Easy.
    Gotta wear a suit for the interview?

10+ Year Old Account
    I did. But I generally do anyway, tbh.
    What type of tie did you wear?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Epuration - High School DxD Gets New TV Anime Series

- - - Updated - - -

Ryo Mizuno's Record of Grancrest War Light Novel Series Gets Anime

New series by Lodoss creator launched in 2013

The fantasy action light novel series takes place on a continent ruled by chaos. The chaos breeds disaster, but the Lords of the continent have the power of "Crest" (Holy Seal) that can calm the chaos and protect the people. However, before anyone realizes it, the rulers cast aside their creed of purifying the chaos, and instead start to fight each other for each others' Crests and to gain dominion over one another. The novels center on Shirūka, an isolated mage who scorns the Lords for abandoning their creed, and a wandering knight named Theo, who is on a journey to train to one day liberate his hometown, which is under tyrannical rule. Shirūka and Theo make an everlasting oath to each other as master and servant, and work together to reform this continent dominated by wars and chaos.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.107974

Sekina Aoi's Gamers! Light Novel Series Gets Anime

Story by author of Seitokai no Ichizon series centers on video gaming lives of high school students. (takes place in the same town)

The romantic comedy light novel series centers on the gaming lives of various high school students who play video games, including: Keita Amano, a lonely young man who loves video games; Karen Tendō, the beautiful president of the video game club; Chiaki Hoshinomori, who constantly fights with Keita; and Tasuku Uehara, who puts on a facade of being satisfied with his life in the real world, but he in truth loves video games.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime/.107972
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-10-22 at 11:10 AM.

Mahou tsukai no yome ch 32: So, uh.. Evil Finnish fairy? Merituuli = Sea breeze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    It's 4am and I'm pretty fucking happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    After the third season I don't know if I'm happy or sad...
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    After the third season I don't know if I'm happy or sad...
    The author retconned the events in DxD Born so you should be both
    Last edited by Millhi; 2016-10-22 at 12:50 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Stein's Gate is getting a 2nd season. I'll try it out on Netflix I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    The author retconned the events in DxD Born so you should be both
    Wait what did he do exactly? haven't read DxD in forever
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Last 3/4 episodes were anime original. They weren't very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    In DxD DX v3 short story
    Spoilers:Loki in the future took some life form from another dimension with him to the past and began to shuffle around events to his liking, which caused all the differences in this season, along with there being no Chichigami appearance. The main goal of EX is Issei's future kids coming back and correcting these changes and setting everything in the right order along with ensuring Loki is defeated.

Tl;DR BorN is Loki going back and re-writing the original light novel plotline, then Issei's kids return from the future to fix it and revert back to the original timeline.

and yes he has lots of kids

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Last 3/4 episodes were anime original. They weren't very good.
    No that's retconned by the author so it's canon now see spoiler above.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    In DxD DX v3 short story
    Spoilers:and yes he has lots of kids
    If this surprises me it's only because it suggests he does in fact have a dick despite his best efforts to prove otherwise.

Watched Flip Flappers after the hubbub here. I don't think I agree with the assessment that it's going to turn "dark."

The thing is, they've already tipped their hand. In episode one Papika nearly dies, followed by Cocona and her bunny nearly being cooked in episode two. Typically if a series wants to make a sudden shift to jarring, depressing "realism" it soft-pedals the beginning so that the later effect is more pronounced. So if that were the plan I would have expected the first few episodes to attempt to hide the potentially lethal aspects of Pure Imagination. And from the beginning in the OP we've seen the evil organization aspect shown (the KKK-lookalike robes are kind of a give away), so that's not particularly a surprise either.

Other than that, the surrealism is alright. I thought the first two episodes were a bit stronger than the third in this aspect. The same goes for setting up Papika's character; she doesn't irritate me like I thought she would, which is a pleasant surprise. The ED may be my favorite part of it all. I'm not sure if I'll bother to continue watching, but it was a fun diversion for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    This isn't okay.
    Late to this, but honestly I've always wanted to read that LN. I enjoyed reading death note when I was younger. Also I actually kind of enjoyed the movies they made so I'll probably check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthilan View Post
    Late to this, but honestly I've always wanted to read that LN. I enjoyed reading death note when I was younger. Also I actually kind of enjoyed the movies they made so I'll probably check this out.
    I'd much rather prefer an anime version than a movie.