Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/bqoOrmd.png[img]

Who the fuck wrote this thing. Who the fuck though this is a good character. Ugh.
    This is sarcasm, right? Betelgeuse was literally what made Re:Zero to me. 10/10, best girl.

Also latest To Be Hero...

It....it wasn't bad...???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is sarcasm, right? Betelgeuse was literally what made Re:Zero to me. 10/10, best girl.
    Betelgeuse is the living, walking proof that you CAN go too far when creating a character whose only characteristic is "over the top".

Betelgeuse is the living, walking proof that you CAN go too far when creating a character whose only characteristic is "over the top".
    Personal opinion, but I don't think there's anything wrong with over the top if it fits. And in this case, he is suppose to be over the top in his dedication, he's literally the most obsessed with his "love".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Personal opinion, but I don't think there's anything wrong with over the top if it fits. And in this case, he is suppose to be over the top in his dedication, he's literally the most obsessed with his "love".
    An over the top character in itself is not necessarily bad, but this one just goes too far. You know, like there's nothing wrong with using sugar with your tea, but if the proportions go so far you're adding tea to sugar rather than other way around... well, something's wonky.

An over the top character in itself is not necessarily bad, but this one just goes too far. You know, like there's nothing wrong with using sugar with your tea, but if the proportions go so far you're adding tea to sugar rather than other way around... well, something's wonky.
    Well that explains the issue here. As I usually add tea to my sugar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Betelgeuse is love, Caine! LOVE HIM!

Compared to the LN, he's actually one of the aspects that is toned down a little. More so the stuff he does, really, I guess.
    That's toned down. Well. Oooo-kay.

Deleted
    Toned down in terms of his actions, not his characteristics. Such as what happens in the cave with Rem. He's not even the craziest Archbishop!
    I wonder if this is explained in the novel at all: How the fuck does Subaru have any right to include mining rights in his negotiations? Or negotiate anything official, for that matter? He might have a close relationship with Emilia, but that gives him exactly zero actual authority, and I don't believe there's anyone of importance who does not know that. He might be treated with a degree of respect as a courtesy to Emilia and her promotor, but that does not extent to official clout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gin no Saji ch.120

Spoiler: 

Deleted
    Off the top of my head, I don't think it ever is given any kind of explanation, no. Could be wrong though, been a while since I read the 3rd arc :S Pretty sure it isn't because there ends up (LN) not really being a need to explain it 'cos it's not acted upon.
    Eh, let alone actually honouring the deal, the negotiations should never have begun because Subaru has no authority to conduct them - that's my gripe. It wasn't some sort of "you help me I pay you" agreement(which he COULD try and work out), he negotiated an official alliance between two political factions and used economic concessions as a card. He has no right to propose an alliance OR manage any economic matters, and his negotiation partners damn well know that since it's no secret he's a nobody whose only position is "least likely to win candidate's friend".

I know I'm nitpicking, but plot holes like that really annoy the fuck out of me.

- - - Updated - - -

And he fucking rejected her for some sort of delusional, one-sided infatuation. Ugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sangatsu no Lion 05 - This episode was amazing. SHAFT's touch really shined here, and the OST is pretty damn great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magical girls EP-6 --- so brutal

Jezz..thats totaly dangan ronpa.
    And that pokemon (squisy) - evil bear (colors) mix totaly makes it, like Junko Enoshima made the magical girls in another dimension.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Caine phone posting and I don't feel like snipping that but she's fucking insane. I don't get how she could like him after seeing all the shitty cringe inducing stuff he does. Same thing for Emilia though at least she points out that he's fucking nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    @Caine phone posting and I don't feel like snipping that but she's fucking insane. I don't get how she could like him after seeing all the shitty cringe inducing stuff he does. Same thing for Emilia though at least she points out that he's fucking nuts.
    Not really, Emilia also gives him way too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rem loving Subaru is completely understandable. She always lived as a failure, a mere shadow of her amazing sister that could do literally everything better than her. Nobody ever cared about Rem, she was always just there while her sister always had the spotlight. Subaru proved her that a worthless powerless shithead can get shit done if he tries hard enough, that even a mere human without any meaningful talent can still be relevant and make a change. He's her savior in a way or another.

Dropped Re:Zero at episode 13. Darn, even SAO was more interesting than this.

Robotic;Notes

Darn, this is good. Haven't enjoyed an anime like this in quite a while. I've been binge watching for a couple days, on episode 11. Hopefully this doesn't turn suddenly grim like Steins;Gate did...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Robotic;Notes

Darn, this is good.
    Uh, did we watch the same show? May I ask what you liked about it? Because I genuinely struggle to come up with things that I liked about it, save something insignificant that happens near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Uh, did we watch the same show? May I ask what you liked about it? Because I genuinely struggle to come up with things that I liked about it, save something insignificant that happens near the end.
    I am enjoying it for the same reasons as Steins;Gate: it's an anime you can turn on and recline in your lazy-boy sofa and enjoy a straightforward story about a few nerdy friends who try to accomplish a semi-plausible tech project and whether or not our hero will achieve his/her wish. In this case; Akhiro's wish for approval from her sister, and Subaru's desire to pursue his own dream in spite of what his father demands him to be. Plus, the story beats are juxtaposed with genuinely hillarious moments that tie into character development (the lone, serious cynic turning out to be a total ham who secretly wants to be a friendly optimist). This is compelling character drama, interwoven with an intriguing mystery that keeps you coming back to see where it goes next. Furthermore, I feel like I really know these characters, almost to the extent that I knew the S;G group. Plus, Knowing that they are involved in a deadly conspiracy keeps me coming back to see if they will make it out alive or not. The lack of time travel to reset any deaths, along with the fact that the writer has proven he's willing to permanently kill off the characters I am attached to, gives the series a strong sense of peril whenever the plot comes up. I want to come back so I can root for them!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a rough Saturday over here, so I feel I need to remind everyone of @Epuration god tier taste.

Last edited by Pejo; 2016-11-06 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Dropped Re:Zero at episode 13. Darn, even SAO was more interesting than this.

Robotic;Notes

Darn, this is good.

this seems so contradictory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    this seems so contradictory
    welcome to this thread.
    [CENTER]