10+ Year Old Account
    My god whoever told me the next arc in ISSTH would be awesome wasn't lying. ~800s? (maybe like 830s) First the great war w/ third spirit severing, then meng hao conning the many chosen dao seekings for promisary notes, and now the trial by fire where he's thinking he'll create a spirit-stone based divine ability...
    [CENTER]

Iris Zero 36: This chapter had so much feels. I'm really glad this is finally out of the hiatus. So good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been reading some manga on this app called WebToons.

Seems like most of it is created by amateur Manga artists who just get supported by patreon.

Pretty fun stuff. Not super deep but the art is really beautiful at times.

Deleted
    Drifters06 I'm loving this so far, but is there an easier and lazier way to have an evil empire than make it literally founded by Hitler? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Drifters06 I'm loving this so far, but is there an easier and lazier way to have an evil empire than make it literally founded by Hitler? xD
    Your signature has 25 more vertical pixels than what's allowed =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Your signature has 25 more vertical pixels than what's allowed =)
    You're just jealous.

10+ Year Old Account
    occultic 9: 6 - Well there's our classic "wtf" moment in these series

I think occultic has my favorite ending song this season off the top of my head
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I still think it looks awesome. They've captured a very Terry Gilliam-esque vibe with the visuals, reminiscent of a lot of French/English borderline art-house sci-fi movies from the 90's. Somewhere between Brazil and Twelve Monkeys. I hope it's good, because if nothing else, they've got good direction, camera work and a number of scenes lifted from the first movie, references to Innocence and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    This made me chuckle. I doubt it gets much traction.

http://heatst.com/tech/can-western-f...apanese-anime/

Can Western feminists change anime?

TLDR: No.

But that doesn’t stop some committed feminists from trying. The folks at AnimeFeminist.com are banging their heads against the wall taking on the many, many “problematic” aspects of anime. Mainly fan service, or portions of anime series with unnecessary sexualization aimed at keeping male viewers’ attention.

Cook explained the mission of the site: “It’s not censorship, because we’re not asking animators in Japan to stop making anything. Were not asking people to ban anything. We’re not asking for any rules to be put in place. What we’d like to see is more anime being created to give more options to people.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

The comments on that article are pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just jealous.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

"It's time consuming and expensive to find anime without fanservice in it."

Lady, I've seen almost a hundred anime, and the majority of them don't have any fanservice! You can stop with the rhetoric now thank you very much.

Deleted
    So I read a few Drifters chapters - maybe 2 episodes worth, considering the pace - and the Black King has got to be Jesus considering the abilities he's shown to have and what few physical features we see. His ability is generalized as "Life" - it manifests as multiplication of organic matter, which can be used to heal injuries, cure diseases, multiply crops, or give you whole-body cancer if used in a more maleficent manner. So healing, curing, multiplying fish and bre.. I mean, multiplying seeds... Remind of anyone? And if that's not enough, he's got scars in the middle of his palms - as if SOMETHING pierced those spots for some reason.

Then there's his claims: I wanted to save the humanity, but I was rejected so I will save the monsters instead. Messiah complex much?
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-11-13 at 09:15 PM.

Flip Flappers 6 - Unusual, but interesting, episode. They're starting to build a little bit of momentum on answering questions in the series. The fact that Pure Illusion can alter the past of the real world is a frightening development and indicates why groups are so interested in controlling or exploiting it.

GitS Movie - I remain cautious. What concerns me is how in the trailer there is a primary emphasis on Motoko. Yes she is the star of the series, but GitS isn't her story. What drives the original movie is an exploration of the brave new world of human cyber-ization. While it does draw some parallels between the alienation of modern society and the new divide between "self" and "body," it never felt like it was about one person's search for resolution. That Western, individualist twist is what worries me. If I wasn't confident that it was accidental, I would consider it a subtle message: that you can keep the appearances of the shell the same, but the ghost within may no longer fit right.

In any case, I'm not negative about it I'm just not excited either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    GitS Movie - I remain cautious. What concerns me is how in the trailer there is a primary emphasis on Motoko. Yes she is the star of the series, but GitS isn't her story. What drives the original movie is an exploration of the brave new world of human cyber-ization. While it does draw some parallels between the alienation of modern society and the new divide between "self" and "body," it never felt like it was about one person's search for resolution. That Western, individualist twist is what worries me. If I wasn't confident that it was accidental, I would consider it a subtle message: that you can keep the appearances of the shell the same, but the ghost within may no longer fit right.

In any case, I'm not negative about it I'm just not excited either.
    To be fair, I am almost sure the focus on Motoko is so preeminent because they want to sell the movie on Scarlett Johansson. It's not necessarily representative of the movie's actual emphasis.

In a tangentially relevant matter, I'm baffled with the "outrage" about whitewashing Motoko by having Johansson play her. If you're going to be outraged about "whitewashing Japanese culture" start with almost all anime, because I can't remember the last time I saw a Japanese anime character that actually looks Japanese.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is actually a S3, even though it won't be, I will literally explode. I don't give a fuck how well the second season ended, I would be SO DOWN for a third season.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I think you might have some irl dramas mixed up.
    sj was going out with a new person.
    I don't partake in shit outside of this thread though
    I'll go out with you bals.

Also on GitS, I'm definitely going to go see it, cause I go to movies a fair amount as is, and I'm not so against westernized adaptions. To be honest, if there's any place that can actually adapt something with a good budget, it's Hollywood, and only Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Code Geass 10th Anniversary Event Teases "Demon's Rebirth"

Oh my fucking god

I can't wait for this new Pachinko
    If it's a new film or anime season/series set in the Code Geass universe, I'll be hyped!

To be fair, I am almost sure the focus on Motoko is so preeminent because they want to sell the movie on Scarlett Johansson. It's not necessarily representative of the movie's actual emphasis.

In a tangentially relevant matter, I'm baffled with the "outrage" about whitewashing Motoko by having Johansson play her. If you're going to be outraged about "whitewashing Japanese culture" start with almost all anime, because I can't remember the last time I saw a Japanese anime character that actually looks Japanese.
    Yeah, we'll see on that. And otherwise, I agree that the furor over the actress pick is mostly hot air. It's not like they're depicting Japanese history and replacing all the actors with Caucasians. GitS isn't a "Japanese" story in a sense; it could take place in any technologically advanced country with almost no modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Also on GitS, I'm definitely going to go see it, cause I go to movies a fair amount as is, and I'm not so against westernized adaptions. To be honest, if there's any place that can actually adapt something with a good budget, it's Hollywood, and only Hollywood.
    I just see so few movies, even ones I think might be alright. Chances are I'll end up reading the first round of reviews and deciding from there.

---------------

In unrelated news, just had a funny situation occur in a dungeon.
    Spoiler: 
    Running Heroic Halls of Valor on my newly-110 Mage alt. The tank and healer are buddies. Things start out alright, although the tank is a spaz and keeps overpulling; he's geared so he doesn't die, but the rest of us aren't as lucky. Nobody complains, we're getting through so whatever. As we approach Fenryr the other Mage's Water Elemental paths oddly and pulls extra mobs, wiping the group. It should be a "whatever" moment, but the healer begins to act rather...erratically. On Fenryr they pull him into the cave to fight, but the other Mage stood toward the exit and was hard to heal; he didn't die, boss was smooth, but the healer begins to lose it.

Shortly afterward a vote kick for the Mage pops up with the reason, "I fkn cant." It fails because myself and the other DPS don't see anything wrong. Then a second comes up with a similar reason from the tank. Again we decline it. On the trash before Skovald the tank tries to dodge the mobs all over the place to be annoying, but as all three DPS are ranged his plan is not very effective. On Skovald the tank then purposefully doesn't use the Aegis so that all the DPS die. After a very long Skovald kill the healer types again, "Better start running. And this time click 'Yes.'" We decline to kick the Mage a third time. While we're running back they predictably pull Odyn to lock us out.

I explained the situation to the other Mage, since we were locked out with nothing to do. Ends up it takes 3 people to confirm a vote kick. The new tank and healer were most pleased to have a 2 minute heroic run. And we all lived happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'll go out with you bals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    More GitS, this time the Tokyo event Q&A...
    https://youtu.be/yMW1Co25Hbc
    On phone which apparently hates showing linked videos so no idea if that linked properly, apologies if not.
    Link just in case.
    I'd love to know why this shit is appearing as a Flash video here if it's from YouTube, probably why it isn't appearing for you in your phone.

Edit: Ok, it's because you somehow linked it wrongly. This works: