10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    [video=youtube;_zxlhlsS28U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlhlsS28U&feature=youtu.be&t=9s[video]

the future
    It's beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    Curious thought, what would you guys consider the current "gateway" animes/mangas? I mean like, how Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece were the 3 big ones when I first started reading manga in high school. Animes/mangas that are big enough to catch attention and drag people in with their popularity pretty much, and get them to want to explore more anime/manga.

I'm thinking My Hero Acadamia has a good shot at being one, although they haven't really been setting up much for the long run it seems so I'm worried it may not last as long as any of those. Only other ones I could think of is maybe like, Attack On Titan and Tokyo Ghoul. I haven't really been paying much attention aside to the few things here and there that catch my interest.
    More modern ones, or overall?

Overall it would be FMA:B, Death Note, and probably OHSHC and Hetalia.

Modern would be SAO, SnK, Tokyo Ghoul, OPM, and NGNL.

Been marathoning 3-gatsu after I stalled at episode 1 when it came out. I am really liking it. It has a lot of elements of what makes a show a favorite of mine. Bump of Chicken OP and ED definitely helps.

Kyouko is too seductive. I would wife her, even though I know it would end poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    More modern ones, or overall?

Overall it would be FMA:B, Death Note, and probably OHSHC and Hetalia.

Modern would be SAO, SnK, Tokyo Ghoul, OPM, and NGNL.
    Definitely modern.

I was thinking SnK and Tokyo Ghoul at first, but I dunno. I dismissed it as probably too gory for wide appeal, but then I realized that's stupid. Completely forgot about OPM and NGNL, and I wish I could forget about SAO existed after...hm, I'll be kind and say season 2.

But yeah, that would be it I guess. Just was a passing thought, since I just read the newest My Hero Acadamia chapters, and it's just giving me almost a Naruto vibe, in a good way though.

15+ Year Old Account
    F/GO VR confirmed
    https://twitter.com/sunnysuport/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

$600 VR headset here i go

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know a legitimate way to watch dubbed anime that isn't Hulu? Unsubbed from them because I got fucking sick of having to tab back during the commercial to cut the volume down to nothing because the commercials were three times louder than the shows, and I'm not supporting that bullshit. Netflix doesn't have anime. Although it does have Hunter x Hunter, and I plan on watching that. Ones on my list to watch so far are Ranma 1/2, Devil's a part Timer, Samurai Champloo, Baccano!, Trigun, Full Metal Panic (which I know I've seen but remember nothing from). I keep hearing Crunchyroll, but have also heard it's a crapshoot on whether or not you can get dubs from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anyone know a legitimate way to watch dubbed anime that isn't Hulu? Unsubbed from them because I got fucking sick of having to tab back during the commercial to cut the volume down to nothing because the commercials were three times louder than the shows, and I'm not supporting that bullshit. Netflix doesn't have anime. Although it does have Hunter x Hunter, and I plan on watching that. Ones on my list to watch so far are Ranma 1/2, Devil's a part Timer, Samurai Champloo, Baccano!, Trigun, Full Metal Panic (which I know I've seen but remember nothing from). I keep hearing Crunchyroll, but have also heard it's a crapshoot on whether or not you can get dubs from it.
    I like cruncyroll, you can get a premium account for money, it's much better. Sometimes there are deals so you can get a cheaper sub.

Cruncyroll free is good enough for me, I don't mind ads and the lower rez.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Kuzu no Honkai is the best anime of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I like cruncyroll, you can get a premium account for money, it's much better. Sometimes there are deals so you can get a cheaper sub.

Cruncyroll free is good enough for me, I don't mind ads and the lower rez.
    You can use video-download helper -- no more bad res videos.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing
    Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Great
    Akiba's Trip the Animation
    Little Witch Academia
    Urara Meichirou

Good
    Gabriel DropOut
    Nyanko Days

Okay
    Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu
    Seiren

Dropped
    Masamune-kun no Revenge

Not yet watched, and probably won't
    Demi-chan wa Kataritai
    Youjo Senki

10+ Year Old Account
    Funimation will probably be best for you. Crunchyroll is great for having tons of anime (they cover 90-95% of my shows) but they have very few dubs and aren't the easiest to find. Anime Strike from Amazon actually has a decent dub library as well. Last of all, Netflix has quality dubs but not a huge library. However, most people lready have netflix so having a small library isn't a huge detriment.

@Enjeh I would recommend giving Demi-chan a try as it'll fit perfectly based on your ratings of other shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime season is saved:

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have any of the bigger anime youtubers released their Watch, 3 episodes, Drop for winter 2017?

>caring about anime youtubers

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    >caring about anime youtubers

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think Zatheyll probably nailed this already, tbh. SAO and SnK are definitely what I'd expect more these days, for whatever weird reasons.
    Because bad taste is required to enter the world of anime. You must feast upon trash to know the taste first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    SAO and AoT.
    Always gets confusing that half refer to it as AoT, while the other half go SnK.

I think I still have a free trial code for Crunchyroll if you want it. But yeah, I have yet to see any dubs on it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-01-21 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nobody calls it this
    I have no idea what you're talking about, why would you edit my post in such a blasphemous way?!

TRAITOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    JJ, this is the list for CR I use. http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...h-dubbed-anime

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Ahh, that would explain why I never seen any.

Of whatever is dubbed there that I watched already, I watched it on Netflix.

Also just reminded me Zatch Bell exists, thanks, I might actually try reading it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Kuzu no Honkai is the best anime of the season.
    Luth wants to drop it because he thinks it's just hentai, and doesn't want to watch hentai with me.