Gundam IBO 47

Holy shit, Tekkaden is truly screwed; everyone really is going to die! *tears*

I'm dreading next week's episode.

Citrus 27 - girls in yukatas

15+ Year Old Account
    @Asetotti, does the Umineko anime just cover the first four chapters? Or is it all eight?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gundam IBO 47

Holy shit, Tekkaden is truly screwed; everyone really is going to die! *tears*

I'm dreading next week's episode.
    Again, you are aware that CR is one week behind and 48 is already out, right?

Oh shit, 3gatsu is done airing. I was waiting so I could binge it. soitbegins.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Oh shit, 3gatsu is done airing. I was waiting so I could binge it. soitbegins.gif
    I don't know who you're using as your avatar/signature but she's seriously cute.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I missed your first/second episode impressions this season.
    Basically, I'd say Onihei was my favourite show of the season. I had no real expectations for it at all, but it ended up being like a new Ruroni Kenshin, with samurai politics, some incredibly slickly animated sword fights and some nice intrigue. Another way of looking at it, is like a more grown up and serious version of Samurai Champloo. They cheap out on some animation and backgrounds, but the overall presentation is nice enough and the fights really do shine. Also its soundtrack is to die for. Probably my favourite OP + ED of the season:

Otherwise:

Kuzu No Honkai is an excellent portrayal of the manga, capturing the essence of the erotica present within the manga's pages, while adding nuance via excellent voice work to the mixed-up relationships. Probably my second favourite of the season.

Youjo Senki/Tanya is great. It went in the directions I was hoping it would after reading the few manga chapters available.

KonoSuba season 2 is at least as good as the first season, even the janky animation adds to the free-flowing feel of the whole show and it almost always finds a way to make me laugh.

Masamune-Kun No Revenge is pretty much what I expected and faithful to the manga.

Ao No Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-Hen was an unexpected pleasure. It was great seeing the show return to its original storyline, as well as having good animation/direction.

Little Witch Academia is nice and well made, with a mix of Trigger's more free-form nature alongside a more cohesive world than they tend to engage in as of late.

Maid Dragon is another secondary favourite of mine this season, reproducing the manga and then some, to say the least. Its down beat, casual-comic nature is really satisfying to me for one reason or another.

Shouwa Genroku continues to be great also, with nuanced interactions and developments. I still really love this show.

Granblue Fantasy I randomly checked out, having heard of the game and such and it's actually surprisingly good, for what I was expecting to be a fairly sub-average cash-in of a show.

Fuuka I didn't bother to watch past the first episode as I'm not that much of a fan of the manga to start with.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2017-03-20 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Samurai Champloo, not Cowboy Bebop

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I don't know who you're using as your avatar/signature but she's seriously cute.
    Yuzu from Citrus. It really is pretty trashy and stupid, but it's cute and entertaining and sexy at times. It's definitely a guilty pleasure. The art quality is really good and consistent though.

rewatching maou-sama and forgot how good emilia is.

also that ending

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    @Asetotti, does the Umineko anime just cover the first four chapters? Or is it all eight?
    First four. So fuck anime watchers.

Manga covers all 8 and has some extra too. I recommend reading the manga versions of chapters 7 and 8 after the VN (and after thinking about the VN ending for a while).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    First four. So fuck anime watchers.

Manga covers all 8 and has some extra too. I recommend reading the manga versions of chapters 7 and 8 after the VN (and after thinking about the VN ending for a while).
    Does it have anime original material? I mean, does it reveal anything that wasn't revealed in the first four chapters?

I was thinking of watching it in between my reading of chapter 5, but I didn't want to get into it if it gives away stuff that's in future chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Does it have anime original material? I mean, does it reveal anything that wasn't revealed in the first four chapters?

I was thinking of watching it in between my reading of chapter 5, but I didn't want to get into it if it gives away stuff that's in future chapters.
    nah, nothing anime original. Doesn't reveal anything about Chiru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will watch:
    Natsume Yuujinchou S6

Most likely going to try:
    Clockwork Planet
    Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism
    Alice to Zouroku

aaaand that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets wait and see.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Discord is down, this is your time to shine, thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Discord is down, this is your time to shine, thread.
    It just got back up for me.

edit. Oh crap, messages are blocked

Time for another random recommendation list of manga:

Uratarou - If you haven't already, you need to get on this thing's level. A young girl, Chiyo, searching for immortality, because she's dying. So, to find out about immortality, she tracks down a supposed immortal, called Kijin. Kijin turns out to be as immortal as the stories say, but unfortunately, he doesn't know how to help her and his only desire is to die, having grown tired of living over 800 years. As they travel across the country in search of a way to gain immortality and a method to kill an immortal, what's the worst that could happen?

Tsuyokute New Saga - Another, good old, 'resurrection' manga. Except this time, it's a hero from a fantasy world reincarnated as a younger version of himself. None of the shit-nerd otaku reborn in a fantasy world baggage here.

Mistrea - As the daughter of a scientist is thrown head-first into an attack of some sort by a giant alien, you're on a mission to figure out wtf is going on in this brilliantly drawn manga.

Isekai Yakkyoku - Doctor Strange via Re:Zero. Overpowered magic and medical applications abound.

Kurozakuro - Interesting little 'dark' shounen type. MC is being forced to become a monster, but through the sheer strength of his desire to be a good guy, he might not. But he might anyway. But he might not!...

Kaijuu No Kodomo - A fantastic mix of Japanese oceanic folk-lore, combined with god-tier art and a pleasantly leisurely pacing. It's a pure fantasy adventure.

Azumi - A 90's manga, that follows the training and trials of a female assassin called Azumi, part of a 'family' of assassins, who will kill anyone she's told to, because she believes completely in what her 'grandfather' has taught her. It's set in the 1600's and features numerous references to real-world history and associates its characters with actual historical events. It's very brutal and fascinating to read. Artwork is low-tier for the most part however.

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Absolute shit festival. I know you scum love these types of manga. Shit MC reborn with OP magic. Nothing of interest to see here as he gathers a horde of lolis.

Konjiki no Word Master: Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Absolute shit festival. I know you scum love these types of manga. Shit MC reborn with OP magic. Nothing of interest to see here as he gathers a horde of lolis.

(Yes, both the last two have the same description and are both variations on the same shit. Both will probably be anime series before the end of next year.)

I've been interested in Uratrou and Mistrea for a little while now. Koi wa Amaagara no You ni, The Promised Neverland, and Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko are a few that I'm interested in but haven't looked into. Taiyou no Ie has been on deck for a while, but I've been reading novels and LNs, but I'll need a break from that soon to binge a manga or two that are completed already.

Once I finish Naoko, I'll get on it. It looks cute.