10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Check the weebcoming.
    That doesn't mean anything.

another illya ova!

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    another illya ova!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/YwWZd7C.gif[IMG]

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fate? FATE!! FATEEEEEEEE!!!!

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I really enjoyed SSSS Gridman, going with 9/10 at the end (I don’t really like mech/Kaiju stuff but this was very good). It was an interesting story, some really cool action scenes, liked most characters and for me, this show was the most consistent anime for my enjoyment this season. I will probably rate a couple others higher in my mind but that’s my extreme bias towards “shit” anime so those go higher in my books! Looking forward to Goblin Slayer / Slime-Chan episode next week as they left off on great moments.

Oh right, question for those smarter than myself (basically most of you) Gridman question Did they answer why Yuta has amnesia? Is it because Gridman took over his body, or is it because Akane needed that amnesia as an event to start this story towards competition in the town to keep it exciting? Guessing the first
    Last edited by Pejo; 2018-12-23 at 03:38 PM.

Hashire sori yo.
    Kaze no you ni.
    Tsukimihara wo.
    Padoru padoru.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Yea, I really enjoyed SSSS Gridman, going with 9/10 at the end (I don’t really like mech/Kaiju stuff but this was very good). It was an interesting story, some really cool action scenes, liked most characters and for me, this show was the most consistent anime for my enjoyment this season. I will probably rate a couple others higher in my mind but that’s my extreme bias towards “shit” anime so those go higher in my books! Looking forward to Goblin Slayer / Slime-Chan episode next week as they left off on great moments.

Oh right, question for those smarter than myself (basically most of you) Gridman question Did they answer why Yuta has amnesia? Is it because Gridman took over his body, or is it because Akane needed that amnesia as an event to start this story towards competition in the town to keep it exciting? Guessing the first

Yup Gridman taking over his body was the reason. gridman even said he would regain his memories after he left but then again akane is the whole reason gridman came to their world so its anyone's guess

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Final episode of season 2 came out this morning. Thunderbolt Fantasy is my favorite show of the year. Season 2 was a blast from beginning to end, and I'm looking forward to season 3. (S2 E13 ending) I'm curious to see how Xi You will be differentiated from Dong Li, the impending demon invasion, more Lin Setsua A x Kei Gai, and who Shang Bu Huan really is. Since season 3 will take place in Xi You, I wonder if we will be seeing Tan Hi and Ken. Perhaps we will see them at the start of the season before Shang, Lang, and Lin Setsua A cross the Wasteland of Spirits, or perhaps they will be seen again at the end of the season if the crew have to rush back for whatever reason. Also gotta know more about that incident with Lang, the princess, and the army.

Otherwise, there was My Hero Academia Season 3, which started out as fine and slowly built up to the tearjerking mid season showdown, and then had an "okay" second half. From what I've heard, it seems that All Might vs All For One was MHA's Pain invasion arc and nothing since has come close to it. I think the problem is that it's trying to be an ensemble story, with the latest arc centering around Todoroki, but the story I was sold was about Midoriya/Shigaraki succeeding their predecessors and eventually going to war with each other. At this point, Midoirya and Shigaraki have only had ONE actual "conversation" with each other in 60 episodes, and it was mostly Shigaraki using Midoriya (who knows pretty much nothing about Shigaraki) as an outlet to monologue, and their battles have been incidental. If the series is going to culminate in Midoriya's own Pain invasion and defeating Shigaraki, then the two story needs to start building up their connection. They need to come to know each other and to specifically attack each other repeatedly for there to be a build up.

Boruto episode 65's Naruto and Sasuske vs Momoshiki fight was far and away the most spectacularly animated and choreographed episode of 2018. If only more shounen fights utilized the same level of intricate swordplay and quick teamwork in such a compact timeframe as I had discussed before.

I've been reading Attack on Titan and it seems like this might actually be the final arc; it doesn't feel like the epic final battle of a 100+ chapter long series, but at this rate I don't see how there will be any plot-threads left once this arc is over. (chapter 112) All of the characters have returned to the island and the titan powers are being rapidly consolidated, and Eren has solidified his place as an irredeemable asshole and the final villain. Levi's character arc has come to an end and he will probably die in the next chapter or two. Armin, Mikasa, and Reiner are the last protagonists the audience can root for, and will probably unite to fight Eren in a battle that can go either way. If Eren is defeated, then the series will end on a bittersweet but optimistic note as Eldia prepares to fight a long war against a superior foe, but they will do so with the intent to stand fast to their morals and with the hope that one day they can negotiate a truce, or it will end with Eldia and Marley coming to peace. If Eren wins, then the story will end with the Rumbling and all but a handful of characters being wiped out, restarting the cycle again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm.... i kinda liked goblin slayer army fight more than slime one.

Anybody else watching Disappearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    From what I've heard, it seems that All Might vs All For One was MHA's Pain invasion arc and nothing since has come close to it. I think the problem is that it's trying to be an ensemble story, with the latest arc centering around Todoroki, but the story I was sold was about Midoriya/Shigaraki succeeding their predecessors and eventually going to war with each other.
    Literally whoever you are talking to then has no idea what they're talking about.

Like, I'm trying hard to not get overly frustrated here since BnH is one of my current favorites, but this is just hard.

First off, the upcoming arc is hailed widely as the best arc. Whoever said "nothing's come close to All Might vs All For One" literally is talking out their ass. It's not even a competition.

And for the current arc? No. It had a focus around Endeavor, with a bit of Todoroki yes. Otherwise now it's a One for All acting up mysteriously and showing power that Deku cannot control and no one knows what it is.

So again. Seriously, wherever you're getting your information from should step their game up.

This thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Literally whoever you are talking to then has no idea what they're talking about.

Like, I'm trying hard to not get overly frustrated here since BnH is one of my current favorites, but this is just hard.

First off, the upcoming arc is hailed widely as the best arc. Whoever said "nothing's come close to All Might vs All For One" literally is talking out their ass. It's not even a competition.

And for the current arc? No. It had a focus around Endeavor, with a bit of Todoroki yes. Otherwise now it's a One for All acting up mysteriously and showing power that Deku cannot control and no one knows what it is.

So again. Seriously, wherever you're getting your information from should step their game up.
    I've heard pleasant things about Eri, but having been disappointed by the (overhyped but still 8/10 very good) Crossbell duology, I've become wary of people telling me how great stories about (basic plot spoilers for both MHA and Crossbell) young, shounen super heroes and their sweet little surrogate daughter with reality warping powers who was being abused by an evil organization in a plot to make magical drugs. People hyped up the story to be tearjerking but it came off as unearned pathos reminiscent of oscar bait to me. Your response makes me cautiously optimistic, and I will be pleasantly surprised if the BONES adaptation manages to make more invested in Deku and Eri in the span of a single arc (probably 12 episodes long, so around 4 hours of screentime) of a linearly told story than a game did with Lloyd and KeA in the span of two 60 hour long games.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-12-25 at 03:54 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard pleasant things about Eri, but having been disappointed by the (overhyped but still 8/10 very good) Crossbell duology, I've become wary of people telling me how great stories about (basic plot spoilers for both MHA and Crossbell) young, shounen super heroes and their sweet little surrogate daughter with reality warping powers who was being abused by an evil organization in a plot to make magical drugs. People hyped up the story to be tearjerking but it came off as unearned pathos reminiscent of oscar bait to me. Your response makes me cautiously optimistic, and I will be pleasantly surprised if the BONES adaptation manages to make more invested in Deku and Eri in the span of a single arc (probably 12 episodes long, so around 4 hours of screentime) of a linearly told story than a game did with Lloyd and KeA in the span of two 60 hour long games.
    Maybe, /you/ should stop reading other people's reviews about shit before you watch/play/read it and instead make up your mind in the moment.

What's the point in engaging in a piece of media with a fully laid-out and pre-planned arc of emotions that you want to tick off, that aren't based on anything you've actually thought for yourself?

Your opinions and catchphrases are borrowed, hollow and meaningless.

You said you were disappointed by Crossbell and it was overhyped. Then gave it 8/10. What the fuck does that even mean? "I was thoroughly disappointed by this, let me just give it the 3rd highest rating I can. Hrnk."

Also your comparison is completely nonsensical. Most people become invested in games by being a part of the story or world. Your actions and interactions with characters are what define the experience.

If after 60 hours, you were disappointed with a relationship, does that mean that the game was bad or you had overblown expectations going into it?

Here's an idea: Why don't you allow yourself to develop some self-made opinions? You're like the kid that plays games with a Brady strategy guide open next to them from the first minute, then complains about things being easy or boring.

At this point, Midoirya and Shigaraki have only had ONE actual "conversation" with each other in 60 episodes, and it was mostly Shigaraki using Midoriya (who knows pretty much nothing about Shigaraki) as an outlet to monologue, and their battles have been incidental. If the series is going to culminate in Midoriya's own Pain invasion and defeating Shigaraki, then the two story needs to start building up their connection. They need to come to know each other and to specifically attack each other repeatedly for there to be a build up.
    Why does this even need to be a thing? It's neither character's style nor direction. Shigaraki and Deku have a natural, opposition of values and morals. They don't need to be forced into conflict over and over to emphasise that, how most generic shounen does. They have their own aims and goals and if their paths cross, they'll butt heads, no doubt. But the story doesn't require nor need to go down the equivalent of a tournament arc, so they can develop their rivalry and all the usual bullshit.

Shigaraki's style is to stay in the background, because it's how he's been taught. He wants to destroy superheroes and their ideals. Deku wants to be a superhero.

It's like Mr Glass and Bruce Willis' Unbreakable character. They're diametrically opposed, just because of the sheer virtue that they've chosen such different paths in life. Shigaraki doesn't need to pop up with a team of Puttys and get his ass kicked every week, just to remind us that he doesn't like Deku.

But in the end, whatever. You build up and dash your own expectations based on what others say. That's your choice.

Semi-related: Stop saying "oscar bait". It's fucking stupid and doesn't work the way you're trying to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    snip.
    Amen

10+ Year Old Account
    Otherwise, there was My Hero Academia Season 3, which started out as fine and slowly built up to the tearjerking mid season showdown, and then had an "okay" second half. From what I've heard, it seems that All Might vs All For One was MHA's Pain invasion arc and nothing since has come close to it. I think the problem is that it's trying to be an ensemble story, with the latest arc centering around Todoroki, but the story I was sold was about Midoriya/Shigaraki succeeding their predecessors and eventually going to war with each other. At this point, Midoirya and Shigaraki have only had ONE actual "conversation" with each other in 60 episodes, and it was mostly Shigaraki using Midoriya (who knows pretty much nothing about Shigaraki) as an outlet to monologue, and their battles have been incidental. If the series is going to culminate in Midoriya's own Pain invasion and defeating Shigaraki, then the two story needs to start building up their connection. They need to come to know each other and to specifically attack each other repeatedly for there to be a build up.
    You know, now that you pointed that out, I realize how similar that series' handling of those two characters is to another much beloved shounen series. One Piece. Luffy and Blackbeard also have only had one actual conversation and that is over the course of nearly 1000 chapters and at that point Blackbeard wasn't even an antagonist, he was just some strange dude Luffy met in a random town, and yet because of the way the series has handled each character's paths after that point, it is obvious they have been built up to be the focal point of two opposing ideals and can easily be seen heading to an epic showdown at the climax of the series. Characters don't have to constantly be in each other's faces to tell a good story about two people on opposite sides of an issue. In fact, the constant confrontation/escape/repeat cycle is lazy and boring.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    That cells at work special ep. Pure trolling .