Fruits Basket episode 24

The episode might've been impactful if we hadn't had the "tragic backstory of a character episode who are shocked to find out that they can love themselves" story retold over a dozen times throughout the season before.

I had already been spoiled about there being a "true form" but I still went WTH when the actual event happened.

Also, dude, you totally killed Torhu with that backhand smack. First, if you swung with so much force as to throw Torhu thirty feet in the air from off the hill, you probably pulverized her bones and turned her organs into mush. Then, she feel another fifty feet into the water. That's terminal velocity right there. THEN, she hit the water, which was apparently so shallow that it barely rose above her ankles. She's super-duper dead. It was even more jarring when he swung his arm around with Torhu (somehow) hanging on, and when she got pounded into the ground she's not even winded; she just keeps on talking!

The inconsistent animation was... jarring? Like some scenes had a lot of frames (Shihan grabbing Kyo and the spin around shot, the transformation itself, the shots of Kyo's mom rolling up his sleeve to look at the bracelet), while most of the episode itself seemed to consist of single frames being moved around.

O Maidens went full retard

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Stone ep. 11 - Awesome episode. So much happened! Suika without her helmet and the reason she wears it plus the Kingdom of Science both takes a huge step forward up the technological latter and gets a new member! I loved how they animated the sunflower scene and kept it just like the manga with no dialog and just sticking the character reactions.

The series continues to impress me with just how accurate they are holding to the manga. It is nearly a word for word, shot for shot remake. I mean they even animated the little map of the science kingdom's layout and why each piece is important.

Is it true Demon Slayer current season ends at episode 26? Will it get a 2nd season?

10+ Year Old Account
    The last episode of Savage Maidens escalated quite a bit...

I am enjoying Wasteful Days but this episode was quite a diff feel than the previous - still enjoyable though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Is it true Demon Slayer current season ends at episode 26? Will it get a 2nd season?
    Yes and there's nothing on it, so assume it won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Yes and there's nothing on it, so assume it won't.
    I dunno. It has seemingly been super popular this season and many times the next season isn't announced until the end of the previous one. I would not be surprised to see this end with a 2nd season announcement or at least a "to be continued." Wound't expect a 2nd season any time soon though as I am guessing ufotable (and hopefully they don't pull a One Punch Man and shift the 2nd season to a different, lesser studio) is pretty in demand.

Sentai posted a trailer for the dub of Oregairu on their Facebook. The voices aren't bad but they don't match the characters at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Sentai posted a trailer for the dub of Oregairu on their Facebook. The voices aren't bad but they don't match the characters at all.
    No dub works well with japanese animation due to lips. The best dub is a parody.

Sounan desu ka 12 Just went peak anime, also sad to see it finish.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No dub works well with japanese animation due to lips. The best dub is a parody.
    [video=youtube;gjRBe0dwsQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjRBe0dwsQU[video]
    Wasn't talking about the animation.

Dumbbell finished on a great note and im really going to miss best girl Hibiki.
    So wholesome https://streamable.com/tkx1y

Kanata no Astra was a solid anime and finished well.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2019-09-19 at 09:26 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Dumbbell finished on a great note and im really going to miss best girl Hibiki.
    So wholesome https://streamable.com/tkx1y
    *happy hibiki noises*

goodbye workout waifus you will be missed.

more date a live!

If it's for my Daughter, I'd even Defeat a Demon Lord episode 12

Yes, Kenneth never would've blabbed about the Phanstamic Beasts but really Dale, you can't be trusted to keep a secret!

Haha Jilvester's face!

I began fast forwarding through the cliche outro narration at the end. Doesn't seem like we will get a continuation. Sad.

Well, that was a fine show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If it's for my Daughter, I'd even Defeat a Demon Lord episode 12

Yes, Kenneth never would've blabbed about the Phanstamic Beasts but really Dale, you can't be trusted to keep a secret!

Haha Jilvester's face!

I began fast forwarding through the cliche outro narration at the end. Doesn't seem like we will get a continuation. Sad.

Well, that was a fine show.
    Well i dont think it will get season 2 due to being this kind of show. There are 8 light novels in total and its still on-going.
    It seems to end betwen vol 4 and 5 with anime.
    Also Vol 8 front-page may fell a bit creppy.

It's one of the reasons why I have to pick it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i dont think it will get season 2 due to being this kind of show. There are 8 light novels in total and its still on-going.
    It seems to end betwen vol 4 and 5 with anime.
    Yeah, I heard it goes full on Usagi Drop eventually.

Promare was typical trigger awesomeness poor Ramiel being hung up and used as the engine control room

Dr. Stone EP12
    Damn, if Chrome hadn't on insisted on going, Senku would be dead, and if Ginro didn't go to be their bodyguard, Chrome would be dead, and maybe Senku if Senku was reckless enough to try to catch him. Let this be a lesson, the buddy buddy system is essential for everyone's survival! 8/10

Fruits Basket episode 25

8 out of 12 Zodiacs having dinner at Shigure's place... and Akito wasn't invited. Sure sucks to feel left out.

I don't understand why Akito would be leaning his head on Shigure's lap if Shigure was only tormenting and spiting Akito.

Hopefully season 2 starts in the Spring so it will be a six month gap at most.

Anyway, the season started off great (8/10) but then its impact became blunted as it continually rehashed the same formulaic episode story and pacing over and over again. However, people are saying that we're past the formulaic backstories now, so I'm guessing season 2 will be a lot better.

7/10 (good)