Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    cold steel anime is a spin-off, gonna be the easiest skip ever.
    If it's about the annexation of North Ambria, then it should be pretty interesting.

Hell even if it's "more adventures of Anton and Ricky" it'd be pretty interesting too.

Spider Isekai - episode 10

I don't know. Now that the Spider MC has been confirmed to be the demon queen, and has gone on a mass murder spree, she's now unsympathetic and what little interest I had in her before is now gone.

Shouldn't the king have assigned at least one or two of his most trusted knights to guard Schlain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I don't know. Now that the Spider MC has been confirmed to be the demon queen, and has gone on a mass murder spree, she's now unsympathetic and what little interest I had in her before is now gone.

Shouldn't the king have assigned at least one or two of his most trusted knights to guard Schlain?
    She is not the character you think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    spider show is good at misdirection and every week is a blast reading anime only theories.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    spider show is good at misdirection and every week is a blast reading anime only theories.
    Sounds pretty good, I might give it a try. But the fact that it is an isekai is a MAJOR turn-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Sounds pretty good, I might give it a try. But the fact that it is an isekai is a MAJOR turn-off.
    I don't get the hate towards isekai. Sure, most isekai shows are bad, but that's not because they are isekai. It's because they were bad (and so is most anime). It all comes down to execution.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-03-14 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the hate towards isekai. Sure, most isekai shows are bad, but that's not because they are isekai. It's because they were bad (and so is most anime). It all comes down to execution.
    Too many of them. Especially true for isekai parodies. When the genre gets so big that every other show isn't just an isekai, but someone trying to pull a 'clever twist' on an isekai, you have too many isekai. The genre is so overdone that the PARODIES of the genre are overdone, and I'm tired of the premise in general. After Re:Zero is done I'm likely not going to watch an isekai ever again.

Too many of them. Especially true for isekai parodies. When the genre gets so big that every other show isn't just an isekai, but someone trying to pull a 'clever twist' on an isekai, you have too many isekai. The genre is so overdone that the PARODIES of the genre are overdone, and I'm tired of the premise in general. After Re:Zero is done I'm likely not going to watch an isekai ever again.
    Pity because like Re:Zero we have Mushoku Tensei this season and both authors are very good friends.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

She's not the Demon Queen, just FYI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, I lied. I'm gonna watch Overlord, too. Whenever they get around to making a new season. Overlord is soooooooooooooooo good. Despite being an isekai, the premise is original enough, and the story isn't predictable as I had feared. Season one led me to think that Ainz would slowly loose his support either by manipulation or by their newfound free will, and thus give him a challenge. I'm glad they didn't go that route, because while it IS fun to see him and his NPC subjects go all-out, it would just turn into a generic battle-anime if they did that ALL the time. While overpowered anime characters is CERTAINLY not uncommon, the power gap here is very wide, and seeing friend and foe of the new world react to these gods walking among them never gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cells at work black -- rofl that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Cells at work black -- rofl that ending.
    What is your new avatar from?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your new avatar from?
    Bravely default II. I was thinking to use this one, but that one works also.
    http://www.shrinkpictures.com/proces...laG2v_c2PM.jpg (other one is a bit creppy)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Can anyone give me some romance anime suggestions, one where the show doesn't spend 98% of the time being single cowards and instead are an actual couple? My MAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Can anyone give me some romance anime suggestions, one where the show doesn't spend 98% of the time being single cowards and instead are an actual couple? My MAL.
    Well I mean, most romance stories in fiction are about the chase so it won't be easy to find stories about a happy couple. Here are a handful. Now, I am not the biggest romance fan and it has been quite some time since I watched these so I may be mis-remembering how much of the series is focused on the will they/won't they stuff.

Ai Yori Aoshi
    Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou
    Nodame Cantabile
    Lovely Complex

Lovely Complex is my favorite romance anime. While it is a lot of typical romance series stuff, I just really love the characters. It is more about two best friends slowly coming to realize there is more to their relationship but it is really well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Well I mean, most romance stories in fiction are about the chase so it won't be easy to find stories about a happy couple.
    Which is my biggest complaint about the genre. Confessing takes guts, I get it... but all too often I see a show stretch it out so long I get bored. I don't think Ore Monogatari was particularly good, but I very much appreciated that they became a couple and focused on their relationship instead of two awkward people in love, but too scared to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Here are a handful.
    Thank you, I will look into them.

I can only think of two anime where people marry during the story:

• Clannad (they formally marry half way through After Story) but you've probably seen that already.
    • Legend of the Galactic Heroes (both heroes marry during the story, but there isn't much screentime on their marriages/relationships), but it's not a romance show.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-03-20 at 10:36 PM.

I can only think of two anime where people marry during the story:
    To clarify, I'm not explicitly looking for marriage, but a confession of feelings and reciprocation that doesn't happen near the end of the show that seems to always happen. The more time focused on the relationship, the better.

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
    Yup, seen it, lol.